RB's this week, who and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB's this week, who and why?

I would expect to see more M.A. and less Tatum Bell this week.

Throughout the season the two very nearly alternated drives, but if you'll notice last week against the Pats and there 3-4 scheme with rush backers coming off the edge M.A. got more playing time than usual. Bell did not rotate in nearly as much and the only conclusion I can draw from this is that M.A. was in there primarily for pass blocking.

Tatum's blocking has gotten much better, and I hope he gets sufficient time this week, but M.A.'s blocking skills are far superior and will be much needed on the edge against the likes of Joey Porter and Troy Polamalu.

Protection will be one of the biggest keys to this game for both teams, and M.A. gives Denver the best shot at protecting Jake against the 3-4 pass rush that he has often been hurried by in the past, especially against teams built like San Diego.

Again, I hope we see enough of Bell, because I think we need his speed to keep Pittsburgh honest in the middle of the field, but, M.A. will give us the best chance at keeping Porter and the Pittsburgh blitz in check.

Here's to protection for Jake, a superior running game and a big Broncos win on the way to Super Bowl XL!

well,

running wise i hope we can get a dose of Dayne. He seems to be the most effective back when we face 3-4 defenses of even tough defenses in that matter. MA stuggled a lot last week, i definetly want to see him in goaline situations. MA and Dayne are good pass protectors. But we have to give Dayne the ball more, especially when Ma struggles the way he did last week.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

I am hoping we see a huge dose of Tatum this week. His speed will keep the Steeler D on their toes. It will not be easy to run the ball on Pitt.

And actually, I would like to see Kyle Johnson out in the flat for some yardage. Indy had some success with that last week, using James in that capacity. Kyle is big and could run over a few people.

And Lelie...would like to see him take an end around from the backfield and break for some yardage....
      sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

Comment

more Bell run him to the sides of the defense away from porter ...I see denver having no luck up the middle..then again It all depends on what denver running game shows up
        sigpic

Comment

I agree with you I like Dayne with Mike Anderson

Originally posted by BroncFanIN
          I am hoping we see a huge dose of Tatum this week. His speed will keep the Steeler D on their toes. It will not be easy to run the ball on Pitt.

And actually, I would like to see Kyle Johnson out in the flat for some yardage. Indy had some success with that last week, using James in that capacity. Kyle is big and could run over a few people.

And Lelie...would like to see him take an end around from the backfield and break for some yardage....
          The best success Denver had against a healthy 3-4 defense was when Dayne was awesome against Dallas. That being said I also trust Mike Anderson as well in this game. The only way I like Tatum Bell is if Denver spreads out the field with 4 wides and he runs up the middle with all the DBs in there.

Lets hope whatever they do they win. I believe they will 24-17!
          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

This isn't quite running, but I would expect to see Bell a bunch to catch passes. The Steelers always seem to forget to cover backs out of the backfield. He could get some big gains, or at least 10-15 yard chunks if the Steelers don't get that corrected.

Also Pittsburgh defenders are typically good at tackling, so a bigger back like Anderson may not have the same advantages he usually has. Bell's speed on draws and such may be able to hurt the Steelers if they over pursue on D.
            Yes I'm an insuffereable know-it-all, and thank you for noticing.

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
              The best success Denver had against a healthy 3-4 defense was when Dayne was awesome against Dallas. That being said I also trust Mike Anderson as well in this game. The only way I like Tatum Bell is if Denver spreads out the field with 4 wides and he runs up the middle with all the DBs in there.

Lets hope whatever they do they win. I believe they will 24-17!

I would not judge sucess against a 3-4 defense with Dallas. Dallas could not stop the run at all this year especially the second half of the year. Anderson is a good back but is perfect for the Steelers to stop....we know were he is going to be...between the tackles. Bell would be more of a challenge because of his speed. Teams have had some sucess in running to the outside and Bell is more of a threat to break the big one. With that being said Pittsburgh stops everyones run game....only 1 100 yard rusher in the past two years. This game is going to come down to field position and turnovers. Should be low scoring and close to the end.

Comment

I'm not a coach, and I don't play one on TV, but here is my opion on this. The three of them used in the right combination during the needed times, will screw up the steelers big time. But the three of them need to be involved!!! It should not be just one or two of them. USE ALL THREE!!!

HELL YA!!!!!!
                IKe

Comment

Working...
                X