X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tnedator
    replied
    Originally posted by steelerpride55
    Everyone thinks Pittsburgh blitzes all the time with 6-7 guys...but they do not. If you look at last weeks game they were getting pressure with 5. The key to the Steeler pressure is you do not know where it is coming from. You will see 7-8 guys near the line...5 will be coming but which 5 is the question.
    Agreed, against the colts it was usually five, sometimes six. However, the key with the Broncos is when they rush or pass, they use a Zone blocking scheme, so if you bring 3 or 4 guys from the left on an overload blitz, our linemen and other blockers don't worry about a 'man' assignment, they block an area. It is not uncommon to see two linemen and a tight end, effectively blocking three blitzers. So, if you come up the middle one time, or from the left the next, our blocking scheme is designed to pick it up.

Granted, if our running back runs straight into the blitzers and doesn't read the hole properly, he will get stuffed, but that generally isn't the case.

Leave a comment:

• BornInDenver
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoABQ
    Tatum Bell breaks a long run this weekend
    I hope so.

Leave a comment:

• PA PLUMMER 16
    replied
    Everyone thinks Pittsburgh blitzes all the time with 6-7 guys...but they do not. If you look at last weeks game they were getting pressure with 5. The key to the Steeler pressure is you do not know where it is coming from. You will see 7-8 guys near the line...5 will be coming but which 5 is the question.
    SO WHAT DENVER DOES THIS ALSO ITS JUST THAT DENVER DOES IT BETTER. JOHN LYNCH IS GOING TO BREAK THE "BIG CLOCK" SUCKER

Leave a comment:

• BroncoABQ
    replied

I'll take Bell on Farrior in the open field all day

The full Steelers injury list: LB James Harrison (ankle) is doubtful; LB James Farrior (calf), DE Kimo von Oelhoffen (knee), Roethlisberger (thumb), DE Travis Kirschke (groin), CB Deshea Townsend (knee), LB Joey Porter (hip), CB Chidi Iwuoma (shoulder), LB Larry Foote (knee) are probable.
    Last edited by BroncoABQ; 01-18-2006, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncobuckeyes
    replied
    well obviously the colts offensive line had problems, they are not nearly as good as Nalen and company you might get one sack on the snake if your lucky

Leave a comment:

• steelerpride55
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Emancipator
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoABQ
    When pitt comes with the blitz up the middle, Bell will have an open field on an off tackle or on a screen pass.

I hope you are wrong! I really do.

Cause................

I hope he breaks 2 or 3 long ones. lol

Leave a comment:

• Prediction Tatum Bell breaks a long run this weekend

When pitt comes with the blitz up the middle, Bell will have an open field on an off tackle or on a screen pass.
    Last edited by BroncoABQ; 01-18-2006, 01:24 PM.
Working...
X