Take in the moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take in the moment

Wow... here we are... less than 20 hours to know if we are going to represent the AFC in the Superbowl...

There have been many twists and turns to this season.

Trading away our first round pick th the Redskins

Taking in the 4 Cleveland Browncos.

Signing Jerry Rice and then having him retire.

The drafting of America's most wanted newest star Maurice Clarett

The dissappearance of Darius Watts.

The opening day debacle in Miami

The complete and utter disrespect by analysts and the media.

Yet here we are....

We started the season with many believing we had another date with destiny in Indy... and up to last week that was still a realty. Yet something happened on the way to the RCA dome. The mighty had fallen. Mere hours before that the Superbowl champs were dethroned in Mile High.

So here we are 13-3, The Afc championship gain with Jake at the controls versus the Steelers. How many foresaw that scenario?

I don't know what the game will bring, but I hope we haven't seen the last of Denver this season. We have come along way from the 6-10 season under Griese... We have watched the Seahawks, Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers all take a turn at winning the west while we managed to trip ourselves up in some manner or fashion. Always good enough to be playoff contendors... never bad enough to get a low round draft pick.

Some didn't believe in Jake... some still don't... but he has been part of this team and is part of the reason we are here... along with the rest of the offense, defense, special teams and coaching.... we have waited 7 long years to get back to the AFC Championship and to have it in Mile High is an added bonus. Who knows what the future will bring us... so take a moment out to just appreciate the team we have and the season we have had up to now, becuase there are 14 other AFC teams right now wishing they were playing in tomorrow's game.

Ok... stepping off my soapbox. Thanks.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Originally posted by Elway
    Wow... here we are... less than 20 hours to know if we are going to represent the AFC in the Superbowl...

There have been many twists and turns to this season.

Trading away our first round pick th the Redskins

Taking in the 4 Cleveland Browncos.

Signing Jerry Rice and then having him retire.

The drafting of America's most wanted newest star Maurice Clarett

The dissappearance of Darius Watts.

The opening day debacle in Miami

The complete and utter disrespect by analysts and the media.

Yet here we are....

We started the season with many believing we had another date with destiny in Indy... and up to last week that was still a realty. Yet something happened on the way to the RCA dome. The mighty had fallen. Mere hours before that the Superbowl champs were dethroned in Mile High.

So here we are 13-3, The Afc championship gain with Jake at the controls versus the Steelers. How many foresaw that scenario?

I don't know what the game will bring, but I hope we haven't seen the last of Denver this season. We have come along way from the 6-10 season under Griese... We have watched the Seahawks, Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers all take a turn at winning the west while we managed to trip ourselves up in some manner or fashion. Always good enough to be playoff contendors... never bad enough to get a low round draft pick.

Some didn't believe in Jake... some still don't... but he has been part of this team and is part of the reason we are here... along with the rest of the offense, defense, special teams and coaching.... we have waited 7 long years to get back to the AFC Championship and to have it in Mile High is an added bonus. Who knows what the future will bring us... so take a moment out to just appreciate the team we have and the season we have had up to now, becuase there are 14 other AFC teams right now wishing they were playing in tomorrow's game.

Ok... stepping off my soapbox. Thanks.
    That brought a tear to my eyes! I'm gonna need some tissues!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

This truly is an exciting time in BroncoLand. I can hardly stand the anticipation any longer.

Nice post Elway.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Great post.

Comment

How's the line in the song go? "What a long, strange trip it's been" or something like that (I guess I shouldn't really have used quotes ). Anyway, that definitely describes this season. Win or lose tomorrow this year has been a blast for me, attending 4 games, meeting more and more people on here, and enjoying this group of Bronco players and coaches as much as any group ever.

All that being said, I hope we kick some Steeler behind tomorrow and extend this thing another couple of weeks!

Comment

i'm starting to get excited about this game! i'm gonna tape it just like i did with the divisional game.
            btw, i watched that divisional game tape this afternoon

Comment

Elway you hit the nail on the head. This has been a remarkable season. I know all the analysts wrote us off after Miami. They tried to after NY and KC, but here we are.

For the first time in a long time, we have a complete team. We all sat in wonder during the draft and during the off season at some of the players that were brought in. From Saurbrun to the Browncos, Shanahan knew what he was doing.

So many people were calling for him to give up his GM duties after last season and stick to just coaching. Look who's laughing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                How's the line in the song go? "What a long, strange trip it's been" or something like that
                That is correct. A Grateful Dead lyric.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                  That is correct. A Grateful Dead lyric.
                  My God, I actually got one right???? Hold the presses! (Thanks BM)

Comment

It has been a wild and crazy year Elway. Here's to a great game tommorrow. No matter the outcome, The Broncos have played one hell of a season so far.

Comment

Yeah... it has been a strange season... I recorded the division game last week... have the DVR set up for tomorrows game. Regardless of the outcome I'm am proud of what the team has accomplished so far... that being said... I want more!
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Calif. Bronco
                        My God, I actually got one right???? Hold the presses! (Thanks BM)
                        LOL! And you're welcome.

I am so excited right now I cAn'T sTaNd It! I am watching the post game of Super Bowl XXXII right now and John just held up the trophy. I got goose bumps all over again.

sigpic

Comment

Excellent pov, elway......as usual.

I'm sure we all want to see Denver continue on their path, and get that proverbial 'monkey' outa here.

Let's just take a minute, and pray that they:
                          play with heart
                          play with mind
                          play with confidence
                          play with soul
                          play without sustaining any major injuries

AND KICK SOME MAJOR STEELER ASS!!!!!
                          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Great post!

It's definitely been a special season, one I'll always remember. We're a damn good football team. I knew we might be in for something memorable this year when we starting winning some of those close games that we somehow managed to lose even a year ago.

My hat goes off to Mike Shanahan for turning a deaf ear to the so called experts who ripped him for some of those personnel decisons mentioned above. Now he's laughing all the way to the Championship game. I know he'll have his team prepared tomorrow. I've watched a lot of Broncos football over the years. I think this is the most complete team we've ever had as far as offense, defense, and special teams. I think we win it at home tomorrow provided two things:

1. The fans are totally geeked up and remain so for the entire game. You were all a crucial aspect of last week's win. I know you won't let me down. Be louder than you ever thought possible.

2. We play the same type of Bronco football we've been playing all season. That means playing tough and agressive on defense, and taking what they give us on offense. Of course we need to establish a run game. That's what we do. But if they are totally committed to stopping the run with 8 or more in the box, then Jake needs to test them down field. Most importantly, we need to be patient and hold on to the football. Our special teams has helped us to win the field position battle all season long. I don't see that anything major needs to change in our game plan.

Look for Denver to key on Polamalu and take him out of the game the same way we did with Leroy Butler in Super Bowl XXXII. Shanahan is a master at these types of chess matches.

I can't wait to get this thing underway! I am confident in our beloved Broncos to win our 7th (count'em baby) Lamar Hunt Trophy.

I am a life long Denver Bronco fan. I am thankful for the many great memories they have provided me. I think tomorrow will be another. Win or lose, I love you guys! Go Broncos.

Comment

Good post. It's been an odd season. Last week we defeated history, but now we face destiny, for it seems the bus and cowher are trying hard for that SB win. Much like elway. No matter what happens, I stand behind denver, win or lose. At least if we lose, we lose to a good team, and probably the eventual SB Champs. C'mon denver, git r done.
                              A wise man once said "Remember to be yourself, or you might find yourself by yourself, and that aint cool. Any fool can learn from his or her mistakes, but it takes a wise person to learn from mistakes made by others. Persistance always overcomes resistance."

Comment

Working...
                              X