Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Referees Turn The Tide Once Again!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    But meanwhile, back at the fumble call...

    I have a serious question... When the forearm touches the ground and the ball comes out, the ground can't cause a fumble... The question is, what if his forearm touches the ground, he doesn't fumble, regains his balance, and he is able to keep running? Is the whistle blown when his forearm touches? I've seen calls where a player rolls over bodies on a short yardage play, and because the knee never touches, the ball carrier is not down.

    I have heard on many plays that an elbow touching the ground is the same as a knee, and the play is dead, but never the forearm. My recollection of the play is that his wrist hit first because of the angle he was going down at. The ball came out before the elbow hit.

    This is not a "ref's cost us the game" question... I just wonder if anyone knows the rule. I just haven't heard of the forearm thing coming into a call, and I've watched for a LOT of seasons. Gonna post this elsewhere cause I'd really like to know this one.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by sbutk
      I was under the impression that a forearm hitting the turf doesn't consitute being down.

      A hand doesn't, does it? A ref's gotta have pretty good eyes to discern the difference.

      ...Or am I completely wrong on this?


      I would say if you watched the game you are completely wrong for questioning the call now. The rule was explained, and the replay clearly showed that the forearm hit the ground.

      Comment


      • #93
        You guys are crazy to complain about the refs. First of all that was a fumble. Secondly, it is because of the refs that you were playing in this game anyways ( Phantom pass interference call, the ben Watson play ( Champs fumble into the endzone), and the missed false start on a 45 yard field goal). You guys have no reason to complain about officiating...the steelers just outplayed you guys, live with it. As far as T.O. going to the broncos....hahaha....have fun having that nightmare on your team...if Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid couldnt change him, how are Jake the Fake and shannahan going to...so best of luck with that.
        Last edited by Tom Brady MVP; 01-31-2006, 05:56 AM.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Tom Brady MVP
          You guys are crazy to complain about the refs. First of all that was a fumble. Secondly, it is because of the refs that you were playing in this game anyways ( Phantom pass interference call, the ben Watson play ( Champs fumble into the endzone), and the missed false start on a 45 yard field goal). You guys have no reason to complain about officiating...the steelers just outplayed you guys, live with it. As far as T.O. going to the broncos....hahaha....have fun having that nightmare on your team...if Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid couldnt change him, how are Jake the Fake and shannahan going to...so best of luck with that.
          STFU patty... everyone said the same thing to you about Dillon... I am not a fan of TO, but don't you come in here talking crap about us possibly taking a chance on a player when you did the exact same thing... if you think Dillon was anything but a cancer before NE you are sorely mistaken.


          [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Tom Brady MVP
            You guys are crazy to complain about the refs. First of all that was a fumble. Secondly, it is because of the refs that you were playing in this game anyways ( Phantom pass interference call, the ben Watson play ( Champs fumble into the endzone), and the missed false start on a 45 yard field goal). You guys have no reason to complain about officiating...the steelers just outplayed you guys, live with it. As far as T.O. going to the broncos....hahaha....have fun having that nightmare on your team...if Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid couldnt change him, how are Jake the Fake and shannahan going to...so best of luck with that.
            BLAH BLAH BLAH BLEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by gobroncsnv
              But meanwhile, back at the fumble call...

              I have a serious question... When the forearm touches the ground and the ball comes out, the ground can't cause a fumble... The question is, what if his forearm touches the ground, he doesn't fumble, regains his balance, and he is able to keep running? Is the whistle blown when his forearm touches? I've seen calls where a player rolls over bodies on a short yardage play, and because the knee never touches, the ball carrier is not down.

              I have heard on many plays that an elbow touching the ground is the same as a knee, and the play is dead, but never the forearm. My recollection of the play is that his wrist hit first because of the angle he was going down at. The ball came out before the elbow hit.

              This is not a "ref's cost us the game" question... I just wonder if anyone knows the rule. I just haven't heard of the forearm thing coming into a call, and I've watched for a LOT of seasons. Gonna post this elsewhere cause I'd really like to know this one.
              I read somewhere (TMQ possibly) that if anything other than the hands or feet touch the ground, the player is considered down. That was one of those calls that, half the time it's a fumble, half the time it's not. We just had one of the days where it wasn't.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Tom Brady MVP
                You guys are crazy to complain about the refs. First of all that was a fumble. Secondly, it is because of the refs that you were playing in this game anyways ( Phantom pass interference call, the ben Watson play ( Champs fumble into the endzone), and the missed false start on a 45 yard field goal). You guys have no reason to complain about officiating...the steelers just outplayed you guys, live with it. As far as T.O. going to the broncos....hahaha....have fun having that nightmare on your team...if Donovan McNabb and Andy Reid couldnt change him, how are Jake the Fake and shannahan going to...so best of luck with that.

                So true. They had no problem with the completely bogus "officiating" that got them to the AFCC. Broncos MVP #12 BJ Greg Sneed.
                -Foxsports.com

                Comment


                • #98
                  I WATCHED THIS GAME, I LOOKED AT THE INSTANT REPLAY. WILLIE PARKER'S RIGHT KNEE WAS DOWNED BY CONTACT AND HIS RIGHT FOREARM WAS TOUCHED ON THE GROUND, THERE'S NO FUMBLE. THE CALL IS CORRECT, PERIOD!!!



                  Originally posted by hottmama
                  THE MOMENTUM SWING FOR PITTSBURGH OCCURRED IN THE FIRST QUARTER WHEN PARKER FUMBLED, DENVER RECOVERED, AND THE ***KING REF GAVE THE BALL BACK TO PITTSBURGH....IF WE HAD KEPT THAT BALL....THE OUTCOME WOULD BE VERY DIFFERENT NOW....BUT WE STILL NEED A NEW QUARTERBACK....PLUMMER IS THE SAME OLD DOG FROM ARIZONA...YOU CAN TAKE THE MAN OUT OF THE DESERT.....BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE "DESERT" OUT OF THE MAN....HE ABANDONED HIS TEAM WHEN THEY NEEDED HIM MOST......




                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by BLITZBURGH007
                    I WATCHED THIS GAME, I LOOKED AT THE INSTANT REPLAY. WILLIE PARKER'S RIGHT KNEE WAS DOWNED BY CONTACT AND HIS RIGHT FOREARM WAS TOUCHED ON THE GROUND, THERE'S NO FUMBLE. THE CALL IS CORRECT, PERIOD!!!
                    don't get your undies in a wad... he is one of our resident trolls posing under yet another screen name... the capitals are the give away


                    [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BLITZBURGH007
                      I WATCHED THIS GAME, I LOOKED AT THE INSTANT REPLAY. WILLIE PARKER'S RIGHT KNEE WAS DOWNED BY CONTACT AND HIS RIGHT FOREARM WAS TOUCHED ON THE GROUND, THERE'S NO FUMBLE. THE CALL IS CORRECT, PERIOD!!!
                      I'll explain this S-L-O-W-L-Y for the non-believers here:
                      Parker was down on the play because of contact by a defensive player. When his forearm hit the ground, the ground was considered to have caused the fumble. By rule, the ground cannot cause a fumble thus the ruling in overturning the fumble call.

                      In that instance, because a defensive player CAUSED him to go down, he would NOT be able to get back up and run. HOWEVER, if a defensive player had not caused him to go down (ie. receiver diviing for a catch) as long as he is NOT touched while he is on the ground, he can get back up and run. There were different parts of the rule that had to be looked at in this case......

                      NOW...to the PATS fans.....you people are a really SORRY bunch of people. Blame anyone or everything you want, but the fact is that Denver ended the "dynasty" with a thorough a$$ kicking. MAYBE there was a questionable call on ONE play, but keep in mind that this ONE play DID NOT involve a turnover and definitely did not affect the end result. It did result in a score, but you also need to remember that you would STILL have lost the game because there was a matter of "5" turnovers in the game. The call by the officials does not erase Denver's kicker cleaning a return man's clock and causing a fumble, nor does it erase Brady's throwing a pick to Champ in the end zone, nor does it erase anything else that happened in that game. That loss undoubtedly is a hard pill to swallow, but you need to swallow it nonetheless. All the whining and complaining NOW doesn't change the fact that the Pats were eliminated from the playoffs in the divisional round. End of story....you sound as bad as SOME Cincy fans who want to claim that should the Steelers win the SB there should be an asterisk next to it because of what happened to Carson Palmer. They, like you, are trying to find ONE thing to blame for their loss, conveniently forgetting that they didn't have a defense that would have permitted them to win in the playoffs.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X