Yesterday's loss in perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VADER72
    ......but losing at home badly in a championship game .....l.
    That is the key --> 'losing at home badly' -- if we went down fighting, that is one thing, but the fans deserved a better game plan and team performance than what they got on Sunday.

I was at Invesco for the Pats whoopin', that was a great effort all around! What happened 8 days later was hard to swallow!!!
    Broncos (can) Rule (again)!!!

Comment

Pummer made some mistakes but we can't forget how hard he fought and the great plays he did make. The steelers just wanted it more and it showed. Sure the turnovers hurt us alot but i don't think it was all Plummer's fault. The team lost as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorbett
        <<The Steelers played this game right. And as much as I dis-like Joey Porter, he was accurate with his statement about the crowd turning against Plummer. And with the boos raining down at half-time....that was a low point for me.>>

True. I hate booing fans, nothing else is like it to make a player sink even furthur.

I have been a Broncos fan for longer than most of you have been alive, and you need to learn that LOYALTY is ALL THE TIME, when a team is on top, and when it is down. Fickle uneducated fans turn on a dime, point the finger at the quarterback always. Bottom line on this one....the Steelers outplayed us. The Broncos could'nt have fixed ONE problem to birng in the win., the whole team was outplayed.

Fellas, listen....

Yep, Jake threw a stupid interception. We were already getting our collective bottoms handed to us at that point. Give it up and stop armchair coaching. If you can do better, why aren't you getting hired?
        Way to go! I can say one thing, and that is I'll be wearing my Broncos stuff today, because even though we lost horribly and it's the end of the season for us, I'm no fair weather fan. All you folks want to fire Jake and Boo OUR TEAM at the half, well since you get to make coaching decisions, I'll make FAN decisions and you all are FIRED from being fans. Maybe most of you really ARE CHEESE and WINE crowd nowadays....

Comment

I agree. I can deal and live with a lose. But the way we played yesterday was a disgrace. I might be able to understand if we got beat down at Hines field or something, but we got beat down at home.

Comment

Great Point Steeler Rob

Someone has to loose and I would rather loose to the Great Steelers then the Pat's or the Colt's.

Go out and win it now Pitt!!

As for the fair-weather Bronco fans. I don't have much time for them.

Oh yeah and the booing? That's so classless you so-called Bronco fans. We Denver/Colorado fans pride ourselves on being big, supportive, classy fans.

Stop booing and be thankful that we even HAVE a pro-football team and one of the most respected ones in all the NFL.
            "If God isn't a Bronco fan, why are sunsets Orange and Blue??"

Comment

Boo Birds

I don't get the Boo Birds - is that supposed to inspire the team at the Half? Great show for the national media...
              Broncos (can) Rule (again)!!!

Comment

Karma's a fair gal...

That ugly display witnessed Sunday afternoon was nothing more than an act of karma. In 1997 the Broncos went into Three Rivers and won an AFC championship game (albeit much closer), and were able to get their aging superstar(s) (Elway,Atwater,Braxton) a Superbowl ring. That loss, gruesome as it was, in some small way helped retain the universe at equilibrium. In all seriousness, the Steelers played with the passion of wanting to get Bettis to the bowl and get him a ring, and it showed. I just hope now that some of the younger Bronco players, D.J. and Darrent Williams, Lelie, even Bailey now know what kind of effort it takes to make it to the final game of the season.

Tom Nalen, don't you go anywhere, you've got some good years left in you...

Comment

Originally posted by imanidb
                  That ugly display witnessed Sunday afternoon was nothing more than an act of karma. In 1997 the Broncos went into Three Rivers and won an AFC championship game (albeit much closer), and were able to get their aging superstar(s) (Elway,Atwater,Braxton) a Superbowl ring. That loss, gruesome as it was, in some small way helped retain the universe at equilibrium. In all seriousness, the Steelers played with the passion of wanting to get Bettis to the bowl and get him a ring, and it showed. I just hope now that some of the younger Bronco players, D.J. and Darrent Williams, Lelie, even Bailey now know what kind of effort it takes to make it to the final game of the season.

Tom Nalen, don't you go anywhere, you've got some good years left in you...

yes I agree, its very ironic, back in 1997 we had a great number 7 and they had Kordell "the Plummer" Stewart. Now its like role reversal, they have a great number 7 and we have Jake "Kordell" Plummer. I guess what goes around comes around.. funny that. But still think we did very well all things considered for this season. The future is always bright when we have Mike Shanahan as coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad Broncofan
                    If you don't like my opinion, oh well, I'm crushed.

Right back at ya, buddy.
                    sigpic
                    They're your teammates, now.
                    Best of luck, TT!
                    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Look, we got beat. We take it on the chin and gear up for next year. The ball was on the steelers side. I mean we had three missed picks, two missed fumbles, and those deep punts. We fought and brought the game back a bit. I don't care what the final score says, we fought till the last and got beat by the bteam that was better that day, the team that wanted it more.

Comment

Working...
                      X