This is how I see it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is how I see it.

Hi everyone. This is my first post here. While I have visited the website numerous times, I just never thought to check out the forum. Anyway, I just want to say how happy I am that I found it. Living in NY, there are not many Denver fans to interact with, so it is nice to have found a haven for all things Broncos.

So, I see the bandwagon has rolled on into town. We didn't win. We aren't going to the Super Bowl. So let's can Plummer? Frankly, I think it's a load of crap. I am a longtime Bronco fan, and I suspect most you who are crying to get rid of Plummer have no idea what it is to suffer. I sat through the hearbreaking Super Bowl losses to the Giants, Redskins, and 49'ers. I sat through the inbetween years when getting to the Super Bowl wasn't even an option. Allow me to say, that these were not fantastic times. Yet, I stuck by Elway, and I stuck by my team. Period.

Just remember that Elway had his share of losses. And while I always have, and always will feel that he was the greatest quarterback to play the game, he was not without his share of mistakes. Now, I'm not attempting to compare Plummer to Elway...there is no comparison. But have a little faith. Give the guy a chance. Plummer has been there for 3 seasons, and he lead then to a 13-3 record and the AFC Championship game. He improved 100% from where he was at last year. Just imagine what he is going to look like in the next couple of years, if he shows the same determination and persistance to improve, that he did this year.

Make no mistake, this was a Denver Bronco loss. Not a Jake Plummer loss. The Steelers were unstoppable. They thumped us in every facet of the game. We made stupid, costly mistakes all over the place. If many of you feel as I do, then yes, this is a miserable day to be a Bronco fan. But, I'm still a Bronco fan. And I'm not quite ready to throw in the towl on Plummer. Imagine if we had given up on Elway? I mean, this was an AFC Championship game, which does not compare to magnitude of the buchering we took from the 49'ers in the Super Bowl. But we stayed the course with Elway, a look at how that paid off. You suck it up and you stand by your team. If you don't have the loyalty to do so, then ride that bandwagon somewhere else.

Your first post was an excellent on my new friend!

I wholeheartedly concur. This loss is not on Plummer...The Steelers out muscled, out hustled, out coached, and had more heart on this particular day. Let's not lose our minds and start calling for heads just yet. I too was there during the dark years you speak of. I grew up with Elway and experienced every heartbreak. I guess that's why it was so incredible to watch him stick it out and finally win the thing in the end. Don't give up on Jake...don't give up on these Broncos. Win or lose...I love these guys!

Comment

Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines.

- Richard M. Nixon

Comment

everyones fault

Jake Plummer: Interceptions
        Oline: Made Jake get pressured and fumble twice
        Steelers: playing great
        Larry coyer: bad scheme
        DB's: no coverage!
        Those are who's fault it is
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by azfanz
          I grew up with Elway and experienced every heartbreak. I guess that's why it was so incredible to watch him stick it out and finally win the thing in the end. Don't give up on Jake...don't give up on these Broncos. Win or lose...I love these guys!
          Ah, do you remember that feeling? I think I may have been happier the Elway was.

Comment

don't give up and don't back down

Originally posted by bartender
            Ah, do you remember that feeling? I think I may have been happier the Elway was.
            YES I remember. I had the same feeling.

Comment

Bartender I'll have a double.
              The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Great post, 'tender.
                You qualify as a REAL fan. Congrats.

Stick around. Just reading and not giving any input is like sitting back and moaning about election results.

(nice quote, also)
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X