Tatum Bell featured back??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatum Bell featured back??

Do any of you guys think Tatum Bell could become our featured back next year? I think he isn't the type of runner that can carry a full load, we should stay with Andersen getting 13 carries and tatum getting like 10. What do you guys think our backfield situation should be for 2006? This can include the Ricky Williams possibility.
    Last edited by Snake=Superbowl; 01-23-2006, 01:18 PM. Reason: A

The Future

NBA's Greatest Player Ever

Ricky sucks. I say toss Dayne and Anderson in and place Bell as that X factor type guy. Maybe even as a punt returner and kickoff returner.

Comment

Dayne

Ron Dayne will be the featured back next year. he has too. Give him 25-30 carries a game and dont stop. He should've been the starter after the Dallas game. Our running game was pretty non -existent after that game. And Dayne only seen Pt in the game finale vs S.D, and ran with no problem. I say u gotta give this man a shot he definetly deserves it. The system is built for a guy like Dayne, plus its the same scheme from his college days. WOW, GO FIGURE.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Bell has proved nothing in my book.

All these people think that he should be #1 because he's sooooo fast, and he wears #26.

Well, I hope you've been watching him the last part of the season. He has absolutley done nothing, nadda, zero, cero.

I would much rather have Dayne or Anderson.

Dayne seemd like he could hit the hole hard and take it 5 yards, while Anderson seems to get stuffed a lot.

Is it the age? Is it the oline? I don't know. But I hope we can figure this out.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
          I was actually pretty impressed with what little I saw of Bell yesterday. He showed some toughness that I hadn't seen before, stiff-arming Polamalu off of him to gain some extra yards on one play.
          Bell was awful when he didn't get that first down....... and anderson luckily got it.

Bell thinks he can out run people on the corners, like he tried on Troy. But he can't. LOWER YOUR SHOULDERS TATUM! this is not college.

Comment

I don't think any of the backs proved anything Anderson he is a work horse but he is getting old so he can't carry a full load anymore. Bll no way is he the answer he needs to be tougher and be able to hit a whole and take some guys with him. Dayne I havn't seen enough of him in OUR scheme for me to be sure. I just hope he works better in our scheme than NY's because he was a bust in NY. So that will be interesting to see what happens I mean the colts have 2 stars with no contract as of yet
            Wayne, and James.
            I would like to see James come to the mile high. From what I have heard the colts are trying to sign wayne on a long term contract or franchise tag him but they already said once to james go ahead and make a deal for yourself on another team if you can. So I would like to see the edge here in 06 that would be Our feature then bel and Dayne as backups! We would sky rocket to the best rushing O in the buisness again. Then shore up spme reciever problems (Lelie) and I think we have a shot.
            What do you think?
            sigpic
            Sig Made by BroncoFanCam
            Finally after 10 years I am finally a season ticket holder!:go:

Comment

The last thing we need here is a big name back. They cost too much money and can be taken out for the season on one play. What we have works (most of the time) and it costs very little. I don't know why people don't see that, look what happened when CP was here, he played really well and we were not going to be able to afford him. We have greater needs than a RB and if we are going for a big name player it better be a QB or WR.

Comment

Sometimes you need a tandem backfield, and othertimes just one great back.

Td did fine on his own. Edge & Alexander do fine. Larry Johnson tore it up once he got his big chance.

I don't think Anderson has the explosiveness, and Bell doesn't have the endurance. Not sure what the answer is as far as who does that we could get.
                The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Bell didnt show he could be an everyday back.
                  vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

No one has seemed to realize the fact that Bell is the only back in recent memory who hasn't had great success running in our system. Even Olandis Gary and Rueben Droughns had success. Not to take anythign away from them, but Bell needs to step it up, or we will draft someone I like Leon washington from FSU.

"OFTEN IMITATED NEVER DUPLICATED!"

"....knee injuries did something opposing defenses could not. Stop Terrell Davis."

"My Last game in a Cardinals uniform, I heard them say...."WE WANT JAKE.....WE WANT JAKE!!! and all the while I was thinking, "I want you too."- Jake Plummer

Comment

Actually, Tatum Bell led the league in YPC this year. Granted, he didn't have to run in all situations, but to get 900+ yards as a backup is nothing to sneeze at. That being said, I don't think he will ever be a featured back in the NFL, as he lacks that killer instinct.

Comment

Originally posted by RebelSyxx
                        No one has seemed to realize the fact that Bell is the only back in recent memory who hasn't had great success running in our system. Even Olandis Gary and Rueben Droughns had success. Not to take anythign away from them, but Bell needs to step it up, or we will draft someone I like Leon washington from FSU.
                        Tatum's my boy but if we draft someone (like we always do) we better take Terrence Whitehead from ORegon. he'd fit perfectly here.
                        sigpic

Comment

If bell can gain more mass/muscle he can be next years LJ

Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member 1

Comment

Bell's offseason goals should be to put on more muscle and delvelope more explosivness. He's got some great speed and can see the holes better than MA & Dayne. His size and durability are both hurting him.

He can fix that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                              Bell has proved nothing in my book.

All these people think that he should be #1 because he's sooooo fast, and he wears #26.

Well, I hope you've been watching him the last part of the season. He has absolutley done nothing, nadda, zero, cero.

I would much rather have Dayne or Anderson.

Dayne seemd like he could hit the hole hard and take it 5 yards, while Anderson seems to get stuffed a lot.

Is it the age? Is it the oline? I don't know. But I hope we can figure this out.
                              I completely agree. While I do think that he has potential, I dont think that it is likely that he is going to be a real good back. I also agree that we shouldve used Dayne alot more this year. Especially in the pittsburgh game. He was able to get some yards pretty much every time he ran it during the regular season.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X