Per Mr/Mrs Bettis you guys rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per Mr/Mrs Bettis you guys rock

They said that by FAR you guys had the best/classiest fans in opposing cities that they have ever been to. They say that the Colts were the worst. They said you were truely classy and respectful. I got that feeling being on here all week. Great fan base who loves their team. Here is to your great season and many more to come

Originally posted by steelforce
    They said that by FAR you guys had the best/classiest fans in opposing cities that they have ever been to. They say that the Colts were the worst. They said you were truely classy and respectful. I got that feeling being on here all week. Great fan base who loves their team. Here is to your great season and many more to come
    I saw Bettis' Parents on tv surrounded by many Broncos fans, and even when the Denver fans knew it was over, they still showed Bettis parents respect and class. You guys have class fans and a class organization, I am happy the Steelers got to face a classy organization in the AFC Championship. Thanks Broncos fans!
    Never underestimate the power of emotion to undermine logic - The Raptor

Comment

Originally posted by SteelRaptor
      I saw Bettis' Parents on tv surrounded by many Broncos fans, and even when the Denver fans knew it was over, they still showed Bettis parents respect and class. You guys have class fans and a class organization, I am happy the Steelers got to face a classy organization in the AFC Championship. Thanks Broncos fans!
      As bronco fans we love football, but at the end of the day, being good people is what its all about in any sport or activity for we are all human beings.
      A wise man once said "Remember to be yourself, or you might find yourself by yourself, and that aint cool. Any fool can learn from his or her mistakes, but it takes a wise person to learn from mistakes made by others. Persistance always overcomes resistance."

Comment

Originally posted by SteelRaptor

Thanks for the kind words!

If it isn't too much trouble, would you mind telling ESPN and the rest of the East Coast media?

They've always seemed to hate us for whatever reason. Digging up negative press about the Broncos is something they really seem to like.

Comment

Now if we could just do something about some of your team's fans...

I have never heard so many crude and obnoxious comments from an visiting team's fan as I heard from a couple that were sitting behind me.

I have never seen so much disrespect towards other people in the stadium -- and I've been to quite a few Raiders games even...

There was one guy who was smoking in the stands and when I asked him to put it out, since there is a no-smoking in the stands policy, he flicked the butt at me. It boiled down to me having to have security take him out, since he was being very rude about it.

And the things that the other guy was saying were enough to make a sailor cringe...

Yeh sure, the Steelers played the better game - I'll give them that...but that particular fan had absolutly no right to come in and disrespect the local fans. Those of you that know me personally know that it takes a LOT to get me offended or to get me upset to the point of violence...but I was ready to throw a punch & knock the guy over the back of the stadium. (Luckily, I restrained myself, as I wouldn't stoop to his level.)

That all being said...Go Seahawks...Before the disrespect & lack of classiness, I would have cheered for the Steelers...but now...nuh uh. Sorry. A few sad blokes ruined it for the rest of them...

Comment

That's unfortunate. If I was sitting behind them I would have thrown beer and batteries!

Just kidding.

Comment

I'm with Blue. Go Seahawks!!!!!!!!! Maybe the Steeler "fans" that supposedly follow the team would act better, I would have more respect for you. I could care less if Bettis gets a ring. Big deal those stories show up every SB..we have to play for him cause its his last game...big deal...I would root for your team if your fans behaved better but when a Steeler great is embarrased by the fans behavior...what more is there to say...very sad..
              I'll take a wide receiver with everything...Eddie Mac

Comment

Originally posted by MissinMcCaffery
                I'm with Blue. Go Seahawks!!!!!!!!! Maybe the Steeler "fans" that supposedly follow the team would act better, I would have more respect for you. I could care less if Bettis gets a ring. Big deal those stories show up every SB..we have to play for him cause its his last game...big deal...I would root for your team if your fans behaved better but when a Steeler great is embarrased by the fans behavior...what more is there to say...very sad..

I just read this and your other post about the Steeler fans at the game.

I didnt experience ANY of this! I talked to Steeler fans before, during, and after the game.

Before the game, as I waited for the meeting by the Hummer, I had a smoke near there, and talked to a guy with one of those Steeler hard hats on. Great guy! Lots of mutual respect, and by no means did he think the game was going to be a cakewalk. The guy sttod a foot taller than me, and could easily been an ass, but was as decent a fan as I have met. Came all the way fro Pitt. to see the game.

During the game, there was a whole row almost of Steeler fans in the first row of 309. One was in the wrong seat, and when the real seat holder showed up, a guy who has had that seat since the stadium opened, he moved immediatly. No confrontation at all. All the rest of the Steeler fans in the row were very cool. Happy for their team, but anything but arrogant. In fact, near the end, the only person to be an ass was a Bronco fan! This moron came up behind me as I was talking to two women (Steeler fans) and grabbed one of their Terrible Towels, and threw it over the deck into the first level. He ran down the way, and did it again to another guy!! And these people were so cool that a few of them GAVE some Bronco fans their Terrible Towels as gifts for being such good fans, and congratulating them with class.

After the game, I walked into a large group of Steeler fans in lot M, to congratulate them. This was a group of 30 or so people, and they had the Super Bowl song going, and were looking pretty rowdy, My daughter was mentioning how they looked like Raider fans. Anyway, they were all as nice to me as could be. I think I suprised them that I would just walk right into the middle of their party. I think they expected me to say crap. I told them how great their team played, and how they deserved the win. And not to waste the oppotunity they had. Again, they were all great people. People I would be proud to go to a game with anytime.

It sucks that you had a different experience. I guess it's just a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and meeting the wrong people. But I just want to say that not all Steeler fans were bad, and not all Bronco fans were good.

Comment

I would agree with you there... not all Bronco fans were good not all Steeler fans were bad. I don't mean to bash them at all!!!!!!! I did have some good encounters with Steeler fans...but more bad then good. A person I work with went to Hooters and the Steeler fan bought everyone a shot. There are "good" fans and "bad" fans on both sides...just when one of the Steeler greats is embarrased by his own fans....??????????????????
                  I'll take a wide receiver with everything...Eddie Mac

Comment

Originally posted by steelforce
                    Heard them on Dan Patrick show yesterday and they said the Broncos fans were the classiest out of all the visiting stadiums they had to endure. That does show something. The worst-Colts fans.

Comment

Originally posted by MissinMcCaffery
                      I would agree with you there... not all Bronco fans were good not all Steeler fans were bad. I don't mean to bash them at all!!!!!!! I did have some good encounters with Steeler fans...but more bad then good. A person I work with went to Hooters and the Steeler fan bought everyone a shot. There are "good" fans and "bad" fans on both sides...just when one of the Steeler greats is embarrased by his own fans....??????????????????
                      Well, I blame a lot of that on one thing. ALCOHOL!! The Bronco fan I meantioned left behind half a bottle of orange vodka. A glass bottle! How he got that into the stadium.........

One of the reason, beside I always drive, and my passenger is usually one of my kids, that I never drink at a game.

As to The Bus being embarrassed, I doubt he even knew. His parents are going to tell him how great WE were, and that means a lot to me.

Personally, I want the him to get the ring he deserves. I'm a fan of the sport almost as much as I am a Bronco fan. Almost, lol. I love seeing the greats come to town and do their thing. I wanted a celebration that would make the news from TO. Was hoping Chad Johnson would come. WANT to see Moss pull down one of those long TD passes. WANTED to see Portis hit 100 and score, once. I want them all to lose, but I want to see them do what makes them the great players they are.

Bettis is one of them, and if we cant have the ring, I can think of nobody else that I would want to see get one. The guy is a true class act. A gentleman, and a great football player. Wouldnt have minded having him here...........

In fact, I would have been prud to call Jerome Bettis a Bronco!

I dont care about the fans, and dont root for a team other than the Broncos due to their fans. As much as the Patsy fans here disgust me, I would root for them if they were playing Miami, for instance. Just never been a Fin fan.

I root for players. And I'll be rooting for The Bus in two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X