No announcement yet.

Foxy got burnt to a crisp on Sunday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxy got burnt to a crisp on Sunday...

Where was Darrent when we needed him?!?!?!?! Big Ben and the Steelers recievers feasted on Foxworth all day long...it was pathetic. It seemed every time they threw it at him...15 yards, 17 yards, 25 yards, with ease

Thanks Snk

You cant blame it on Foxworth, he didnt play his best game this year but the team as a whole looked flat and it just seemed like fate and luck we're on the side of the Steelers. When Champ missed that pick 6 and it bounced into Wards hands on 3rd down you kinda had to get that feeling like oh boy, here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe
      You cant blame it on Foxworth, he didnt play his best game this year but the team as a whole looked flat and it just seemed like fate and luck we're on the side of the Steelers. When Champ missed that pick 6 and it bounced into Wards hands on 3rd down you kinda had to get that feeling like oh boy, here we go.
      Exactly. Foxworth had a very solid rookie season, ok he had a bad game and unfortunately it was in the AFCCG. But that still does not diminish the fact he was solid for entire year.

I also agree with you we came out flat in this one.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

hey, I'm not saying he sucks, or that he lost us the game, but from what I saw the Steelers attacked him all game long and it was to their benefit...Just would have rather seen Darrent play a little more, at least rotate with Foxy at the #2 corner. Obviously his Groin wasn't feeling good enough or I feel the coaches should have/would have given him the starting job

Thanks Snk

Comment

Originally posted by ColRockies_5
          hey, I'm not saying he sucks, or that he lost us the game, but from what I saw the Steelers attacked him all game long and it was to their benefit...Just would have rather seen Darrent play a little more, at least rotate with Foxy at the #2 corner. Obviously his Groin wasn't feeling good enough or I feel the coaches should have/would have given him the starting job

I noticed he continued to play off the receiver a lot...and I don't neccsarily think thats what he wanted to do...I think it had more to do with Coyer's "brilliant" defense play-calling
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
            I noticed he continued to play off the receiver a lot...and I don't neccsarily think thats what he wanted to do...I think it had more to do with Coyer's "brilliant" defense play-calling

Coyer's scheme worked for 14 wins.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Playing someone better always makes you better.

This is/was the perfect experience for our young DB's.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                When I think of Coyer's scheme, I think of the games against the Skins, Pats, Giants, Eagles, and Chiefs, where we either nearly handed the win back to these teams, or actually did. Last Sunday, we gift wrapped it for the Steelers. The game plan showed a total lack of imagination and inability to adjust. Ben was throwing underneath all day, and converting 3rd downs were no problem. We had CBs out there who were faster than their receivers, and Coyer had them playing off the receivers up to 10 yards.

I also think about how the Broncos ranked 29th in passing yards surrendered, 32nd in passes completed, and 20th in INTs and TDs surrendered, respectively. So Shanny covers for Coyer, giving the "bend but don't break" excuse. I would rather they have the "don't bend" concept. Let's get a safety who's better at pass coverage and a DL or two who excel at rushing the QB, then put our FAST CBs in the faces of the receivers.

And let's stop making excuses for Coyer. Better yet, they should just go ahead and give him an early retirement, IMO.

-----
                Last edited by topscribe; 01-24-2006, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I liked when Coyer played our corners 7 to 10 yards off of the recievers. I mean, Foxworth and Williams are small guys that aren't well equipped to jam a reciever. They are fast and have done a good job of reacting to the ball. Playing them back a bit only makes sense, but this scheme called for playing them way off of the reciever. He was playing them 12 to 15 yards off of the receiver at times. It was almost like he was afraid of them getting beat deep.

I blame Coyer more than anyone else for the defensive struggles.
                  My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                  . Post Your Artwork .
                  . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Every year the same thing. The corner opposite Champ gets abused in the playoffs. When will they(Mike and Larry) learn to give help to the corner opposite Champ? Make QB's throw at Champ. I could have threw on Foxworth in that game. The defense looked very bad.

Comment

Well, it sure didn't work on Sunday...

He took WAY too long to make adjustments.

Comment

In '96 we lost, '07 we lost but in '97 we won '07 we ??? you never know what could happen. Some times stuff just doesn't go your way other times you do everything right.
                        Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

Lots of people say he had a good season

Not just on this board but the media as well say that Foxworth had a solid season. I am not yet convinced. Maybe he didn't get torched all season but I certainly expect the guy starting opposite Champ to get several passes defensed and even some picks. I also questioned Coyer's defensive play calling. Why have the DBs so far off of their WRs (Williams played way off as well)? Unless maybe Coyer knows something we don't. He knows enough to let Champ go man to man so maybe he's not convinced Foxworth can cover Ward or Randal El tight. The other thing Coyer didn't seem to have an answer for is the TE vs our safeties. Brandon and Cox were given credit this year for being able to cover the TEs and we saw them do a good job often. Why all of a sudden is Heath Miller looking like Shannon Sharpe. Did Coyer not have them in position? Why was Champ covering 2 guys on that TD to Miller. Of course he bit on the pump fake - he expected our pass rush to get to the burgermeister. But is zero-coverage really a good idea? But I sure had flashbacks watching our DBs this game. I kept having to make sure it was 22 not 45! Wow maybe Roc ain't that bad, maybe it's the scheme?
                          "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

give the man a break its his rookie year and a hell of one at that.

why must people pin a loss on one person? this isnt golf or tennis last i checked

its a team sport we got out played and out coached turnovers couldnt convert and couldnt stop on 3rd and long

Comment

I didn't mean to pin it all on him

I'd say Foxworth certainly did not have a good game. But I think the scheme left something to be desired!!! It appeared to be the same scheme we had last year where Roc was 15 yards off Wayne and got torched. Maybe Coyer really thought our front seven could get to the Hamburglar. If that's what his scheme is predicated on then we better draft 3 d-linemen with our first three picks LOL!
                              "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Working...
                              X