It Finally happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Finally happened

Two things everyopne expected to happen waited until the AFCCG to occur. Jake became Jake the Snake again, and our rookie corners played like rookies. We had been blessed all season with much better play from Jake and outstanding veteran-caliber play by the rookie corners. Something had to give.

Im not trying to bash Jake here. The reason he had changed this year was that he finally realized he didnt have to make every play himself. But when the team was down big in the playoffs, he really did have to make every play himself. And he became the Snake. Breaking tackles to avoid sacks and making poor decisions on throws for INTs. Jake didnt just have a relaps, he didnt fall apart like some wnat to believe. He simply realized that he had to make every play in the situation, and he tried to do so. We didnt lose the game because of Jake. We lost the game on 3rd down. Every key third down situation that ittsburgh had, they managed to convert. Which leads me to my second point. All season we have asked 2 rookies to play like veterans. And they DID. But in the AFCCG, fox finally came crashing back down to earth and played like a rookie. Hes a great corner, and he will continue to improve. But he just wasnt there on sunday.

Good season guys. Now lets start some draft talk.
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Very well said! CP your way!
    sigpic
    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Comment

Great post.

Comment

jake did play like jake the mistake again, but the rookies had no chance with no pressure on big ben.

THIS ONE'S.......FOR JOHN!

Comment

Originally posted by atruebroncosfan
          jake did play like jake the mistake again, but the rookies had no chance with no pressure on big ben.
          Ya some parts true but Foxworth did play really bad either way with or without pressure.

Comment

Only about 225 days until the new season starts.
            The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
              Ya some parts true but Foxworth did play really bad either way with or without pressure.

the rookies needed help we needed to stop blitzing Lynch and give help over top
              it was clear that blitzing the safty was getting no pressure so give it up and help the corners deep so they can play closer to the recevers. I guess my point is if somthing isn't working stop doing it

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                haha...thanks for brightening up my day

Thanks Snk

Comment

What's ironic, is what Coyer said happened last year in Indy happened again.
                  He commented that the coaches screwed up by not giving alexander any help while wayne was eating him up.
                  I guess he needed to be reminded of that in his weekly preparation for Pitt.

After watching the game on tape, I noticed alot more pressure up the middle by our defensive line, than anytime during the regular season.
                  Its just that the cushion the cb's were INSTRUCTED to give the wr's enabled ben to release before the rush got to him.

I guess I'm still perplexed at what happened.
                  Hopefully Coyer will fill us in on what went wrong.......
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

nice post!
                    MMA News
                    MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                      Say it isn't so.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                        What's ironic, is what Coyer said happened last year in Indy happened again.
                        He commented that the coaches screwed up by not giving alexander any help while wayne was eating him up.
                        I guess he needed to be reminded of that in his weekly preparation for Pitt.

After watching the game on tape, I noticed alot more pressure up the middle by our defensive line, than anytime during the regular season.
                        Its just that the cushion the cb's were INSTRUCTED to give the wr's enabled ben to release before the rush got to him.

I guess I'm still perplexed at what happened.
                        Hopefully Coyer will fill us in on what went wrong.......
                        Good post. Does it appear that possibly Coyer is not the right person?

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2

Good season guys. Now lets start some draft talk.

What do you mean? We've been talking draft for months!

Comment

Originally posted by #7fan
                            the rookies needed help we needed to stop blitzing Lynch and give help over top
                            it was clear that blitzing the safty was getting no pressure so give it up and help the corners deep so they can play closer to the recevers. I guess my point is if somthing isn't working stop doing it
                            EXACTLY! I don't know what game the rest of you were watching, but this was our BIGGEST PROBLEM. The rookies were getting burned because they were playing too loose. All of our corners were playing loose. The reason Champ didn't have many balls thrown his way was because of a near pick and his rep, but he was playing loose also. Coyer is holding us back from getting a ring. He needs to go elsewhere.
                            sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Working...
                            X