Super Bowl...so what.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl...so what.

I never thought this loss would still be with me but it is. Normally after a Broncos loss it takes about two or three days for me to feel better but not this time. I am not excited about the Super Bowl at all! Every time I see anything in regard to recent NFL stories I change the channel. Not to mention but I havent watched anything on the NFL Network since we lost. This sucks. I am absolutely sick of seeing steeler fans pop out out all of a sudden (3 of them courtside at the Suns vs. Cavaliers game this afternoon on tv). And although I could care less who wins Sunday in Detroit I have to say that it would feel good to see the Seahawks doing the celebrating this week. We blew a golden opportunity fellas with the AFC Championship game being at home and not taking advantage of it. And who knows when we'll have that kind of homefield advantage ever again? Not good. It will be a challenge to enjoy the super bowl because I feel that we should be there. We are a better football team than the one that showed up at Invesco last week end. To come so close and see the season just end just isnt fair. I hope Rod has enough in him to give it another shot.
    http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Originally posted by JHoward
    I never thought this loss would still be with me but it is. Normally after a Broncos loss it takes about two or three days for me to feel better but not this time. I am not excited about the Super Bowl at all! Every time I see anything in regard to recent NFL stories I change the channel. Not to mention but I havent watched anything on the NFL Network since we lost. This sucks. I am absolutely sick of seeing steeler fans pop out out all of a sudden (3 of them courtside at the Suns vs. Cavaliers game this afternoon on tv). And although I could care less who wins Sunday in Detroit I have to say that it would feel good to see the Seahawks doing the celebrating this week. We blew a golden opportunity fellas with the AFC Championship game being at home and not taking advantage of it. And who knows when we'll have that kind of homefield advantage ever again? Not good. It will be a challenge to enjoy the super bowl because I feel that we should be there. We are a better football team than the one that showed up at Invesco last week end. To come so close and see the season just end just isnt fair. I hope Rod has enough in him to give it another shot.
    I hear ya bro.
    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Yea...I'm feelin' ya on this one. Though, I feel a little better now...this was a tough loss. I think this one will be here 'till we get back. It's just so hard when you know that we were ONE game away, and that opportunity doesn't come around that often. BUT..hey...if the Steelers can go to...what...6 AFC title games in like 12-15 years...I'm sure we'll be back. It just sucks cause we have to battle the whole way through another season...just to get the chance to play in the playoffs again.

All I can say is...try to get involved in some sort of football pool for the SB...it always makes the SB that much more interesting for those who aren't excited about it.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

We Lost. Yeah, we are still trying to swallow that bitter pill but there is nothing we can do about it now.

The Super Bowl is still appealing to me for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, the Steelers are the team that beat us so most are routing for them. The Bus deserves a ring etc etc etc.

The Seahawks, our old divisional rivals have made it to the big dance for the first time in their history so I am a little partial to them. I am routing for the Seahawks.

Yes, our beloved Broncos missed it by >l l< That much but we should all find a way to enjoy the big game anyways.

Pick a side and have fun.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I hear ya. I haven't kept up much on current football news and am mostly looking at the 2006 Draft forum here to see what might be up for us next year.
          I like the Steelers but I've got little excitement for the upcoming SuperBowl.

I'm really hating the fact that we played exceedingly poorly in two games this year - our first game and our last game.

Comment

I have watched nothing that I have on Tivo (Broncos All Access, NFL Total Access, Inside the NFL, NFL LIve, Totally Football, Football Playbook, etc. you get the picture). The only football news I have followed has been on this forum.
            The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

well sence the season has ended..my stress level as gone way done ..and i agree ..i dont care who wins..i am kinda in my stage when i get up on my studies and school

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

Originally posted by maruske845
                well sence the season has ended..my stress level as gone way done ..and i agree ..i dont care who wins..i am kinda in my stage when i get up on my studies and school
                The only thing that matters about the SB now is whether I win any quarters on the office pool/board.
                The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I agree 100%

I am not the least bit excited for this bowl. Everyday fr as long as I can remember I have clicked on my favorites... ESPN, SI, Sportsline etc. And now I just leave them alone for the most part.

Now it's just the Post and Rocky for me.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Chins Up!!!!

I would've much rather lost to an orginization like the steelers than the Patriots!! I will be rooting for the Steelers, they are a great team. Next year will be the year for revenge. The broncos will come back with a vengence

Comment

I'm still not over my AFC Championship loss hangover either. I will still watch the Super Bowl and root for the AFC but, I'm not as excited this year as I usually am.
                      Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

Comment

I'm rooting for the Seahawks.
                        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Hope the SB commercials are better than last years.....

I'm ready for Summer. Tired of cabin fever.

Comment

Steelers fan here. The mood of this thread is how I've felt after each of the last **four** AFC Championship games that the Steelers have lost. I wanted nothing to do with any of it after my team was eliminated.

The worst part was always the kickoff at the Superbowl knowing that it could have been my team there. When the game is over it gets better.

Regardless I always root for the AFC in the Superbowl no matter which team it is. It's funny to me how division rivals act. Judging from their message boards the Browns, Bengals and Ravens would like nothing more than to see the Steelers lose. To me it makes my division look stronger and carry a better reputation if winners come out of it rather than below 500 losers. If my team was out of the playoffs I'd still root for an AFC North team. Who wants to be thought of as winning because your division is weak?

I've even pulled for the Patriots to win the Superbowl after two AFC Championship losses to them. Hard to do, but I like when an AFC team holds the trophy.

Broncos fans you team will be back in the thick of it again so chin up.

Comment

Get bent thugie, at least your team was in 4 straight championship games! I mean that in the nicest possible way! I am not pulling for the steelers "Owners of 4 Lombardi Trophies" Over a team that used to be in our division and making their first trip to the big game, no love for your boys from me. If the Bus wanted a ring so bad he shoulda stayed with the Rams! I havent watched any sports since the game, canceled m ESPN online subscription, took myself off the NFL.com mailing list and still cant get over that stupid game! For one thing, Denver is not built to be a contender year after year with their current cast of characters, we are not propped up for repeated runs like the steelers/patriots/colts/bengals. This was a special chance because this might have been this cast of character best shot since it all was laid out for them and they didnt get it done. The realization that we may not sniff another opportunity with this roster is both sobering and depressing. Thankfully for me I am overseas at the moment and the Big Game comes on here at 2am so it will be pretty easy for me to sleep through it!

Comment

Working...
                              X