Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roethlisberger evidence?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roethlisberger evidence?

    Sorry to make one more thread about this. I know the issue has already been debated ad nauseam, so I - along the rest of Broncomania, I'm sure - would appreciate it if everyone could refrain from hijacking the thread with empty opinions and bias (i.e. without evidence to back it up).

    ...Does anyone know of snapshots posted somewhere on the Web that show the view from the goalline of whether or not Big Ben broke the plane of the goalline? Or have one of you tech-savy guys out there taped the game and could you post a GIF of the slo-mo replay, or something? I'm not stating any opinion here either way, I'd just like to settle the issue in my own mind.

    Again, please do not turn this into another 6-page thread. This board already has enough of those. If you can't point me to what I'm asking for, kindly refrain from posting.

    Thanks!


    sigpic
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



    sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

    Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

  • #2
    Originally posted by sbutk
    Again, please do not turn this into another 6-page thread. This board already has enough of those. If you can't point me to what I'm asking for, kindly refrain from posting.

    Thanks!




    Your going to want some people to post.

    Otherwise your going to have to keep bumping this.

    The more exposure, the better chance your quiry will be answered.


    I thought Big Ben himself had already said that he DID NOT get in.

    Sounds like good enough evidence to me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The Dark Knight

      I thought Big Ben himself had already said that he DID NOT get in.

      .
      That's what I heard him say too.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The Dark Knight
        I thought Big Ben himself had already said that he DID NOT get in.

        Sounds like good enough evidence to me.
        He said it on Letterman Monday night. He said, that quite honostly, he didn't feel like he made it in, but they were going to go for it on 4th down.
        sigpic
        Terrell Davis belongs in the HOF!

        Comment


        • #5
          I heard about the interview last night too.

          I was talking about visual evidence though, thanks.
          sigpic
          They're your teammates, now.
          Best of luck, TT!
          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



          sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

          Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sbutk
            Sorry to make one more thread about this. I know the issue has already been debated ad nauseam, so I - along the rest of Broncomania, I'm sure - would appreciate it if everyone could refrain from hijacking the thread with empty opinions and bias (i.e. without evidence to back it up).

            ...Does anyone know of snapshots posted somewhere on the Web that show the view from the goalline of whether or not Big Ben broke the plane of the goalline? Or have one of you tech-savy guys out there taped the game and could you post a GIF of the slo-mo replay, or something? I'm not stating any opinion here either way, I'd just like to settle the issue in my own mind.

            Again, please do not turn this into another 6-page thread. This board already has enough of those. If you can't point me to what I'm asking for, kindly refrain from posting.

            Thanks!


            As a Steeler fan, I can admit that he didn't get into the endzone. But because the call was made incorrectly on the field but didn't have conclusive evidence to overturn it, they didn't.

            But, they more than likely would have scored on the next play.

            But yes, bad call.

            The call on Seattle QB for bad block was an insane call. The refs should be fined and suspended, at least.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NothingW/O#7
              As a Steeler fan, I can admit that he didn't get into the endzone. But because the call was made incorrectly on the field but didn't have conclusive evidence to overturn it, they didn't.

              But, they more than likely would have scored on the next play.

              But yes, bad call.

              The call on Seattle QB for bad block was an insane call. The refs should be fined and suspended, at least.
              Cheers! Finally, I agree with something you said. Living and working with Steeler fans has been horrible.

              The recent NFL officiating announcement has them going around saying "See, all the calls were right. If they weren't, they would have said so like they did in the divisionals or regular season"

              The problem with their logic is that in the regular season, you can make up for one game. In the postseason, they only apologized to the team that won and got screwed by the refs.

              Pats/Donks game? Didn't effect the final result, but we did get som favourable calls: The fumble by Bailey=Roeth TD: Could go either way and not enough evidence to say 100% either way. The PI call? I saw what the ref was looking at, should have called an illegal contact:5yds and a 1st down. That would have fit. I still think that PI should be capped at 15yds and a 1st down...

              Glad to see another fan being able to admit that their team did benifit from some questionable calls.

              Comment


              • #8
                There's this one - http://www.schoolsportsradio.com/rothfinal.jpg

                Ball is under his glove (obviously!). very close.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ZeroSixty
                  There's this one - http://www.schoolsportsradio.com/rothfinal.jpg

                  Ball is under his glove (obviously!). very close.


                  I'd say this shot is 60:40 in favor of a TD. But that's my opinion.

                  Thank you for being the first one to post something close to what I said I was looking for.


                  Last edited by sbutk; 02-08-2006, 10:22 AM.
                  sigpic
                  They're your teammates, now.
                  Best of luck, TT!
                  ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



                  sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

                  Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ZeroSixty
                    There's this one - http://www.schoolsportsradio.com/rothfinal.jpg

                    Ball is under his glove (obviously!). very close.


                    Very close, indeed.


                    First consider this view, which I'm sure most of you have seen by now.
                    Notice, for reference's sake, that the "bottom" nose of the ball is pretty much contacting Ben's right armband.





                    Now go back to the view down the goalline provided by ZeroSixty. Notice that that same wristband makes it clearly onto the plane of the goalline.

                    ...I know, what matters is where the ball is, not the player's body. However ,I'm making the assumption that those two points of reference from this photograph are essentially at the same point in space (either that, or separated by a negligible distance). Further assuming that these shots were taken at the same moment in time, one is led to believe that the ball must have touched the plane of the gaol line as well.

                    In conclusion... With the help of evidence gathered from multiple camera angles, I am convinced that a touchdown was the right call in this case.




                    (If you buy this reasoning, great. If not... I tried. It's one less controversial call that'll be burdening my mind. You, however, are perfectly free to stew over it as long as you like.)


                    Last edited by sbutk; 02-08-2006, 05:40 PM.
                    sigpic
                    They're your teammates, now.
                    Best of luck, TT!
                    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



                    sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

                    Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Reality
                      Revenge Tour 2006....Rollin the Bus one last time..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Gareth

                        Now that's what I'm talking about.

                        Thank you... CP coming your way!


                        sigpic
                        They're your teammates, now.
                        Best of luck, TT!
                        ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



                        sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

                        Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          .

                          GO TO FOX SPORTS BLOGS - jsooner4OU'S BLOG. IT HAS BEEN BLOGED
                          [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                          Adopted player Lindsey

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X