The closest battles....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RunByDesign
    I believe Carlisle should have the inside track at RG.
    There is a certain Cameron Spikes that just might have something to say about that.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
      There is a certain Cameron Spikes that just might have something to say about that.

-----
      Oh yeah? lol

I'd like to see Chris Meyers come along quickly, to tell the truth.
      Originally posted by boltzpride619
      What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Luminous
        D-Line is easily the m,ost interesting for me....I mean there are 19 guys right now on the roster trying to shake down to ten or maybe eleven spots....that will be VERY interesting to me...

i just hope its not a turtle derby or last man standing...
        "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Oh yeah? lol

I'd like to see Chris Meyers come along quickly, to tell the truth.
          I'm serious. Spikes was a starter. I'm not sure at this point what that means since it was for an inferior team, but he was a starter. All I'm saying is that he can't necessarily be discounted at this point.

-----

Comment

Truthfully, I would like to see LeSeuer challenge Ferguson for the starting spot at FS, as well.
            I would too, but essentially, this is Jeremy's rookie season. In the future however, im sure he will be starting there real soon, right beside Brandon Browner...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John
              Where will the closest battles for position be?

Safe to say that there will be one hell of a tango between Darius Watts and Jerry Rice for the #3 receiver spot...

Still no clear-cut starter at Right Guard either...I hear that Clabo has the inside track, from a sports mag of course...(Think it was Street and Smith's)

Will Tatum Bell become something more than a "projected Starter"...

I also expect a bloodbath at the Nickle-Corner position too...It's Roc's job to lose and there are 3 hungry rooks waiting for their shot...

Any battles that I forgot?

Who will win these battles?
              The battles taht I see are

RG: Spikes (aint he a guard?) Clabo, Carlisle

HB: Bell, Anderson, Griffin, Dayne......... I dont see Maurice really being on that this year, though he may (?)

N.B: Roc, Jeff, Payma, Darrent, Foxworth......

Punter: Saurbrun and that other fellow (lost track of name right now)

Backup QB: This will be important to us this year, not often do qbs make all snaps every year. Jake did it last year, but he prolly wont make ALL of them this year... hopefully our backup is decent..... I wouldnt mind signing someone offa cuts later on to kick Kanell off..... I really dont like him much, not accurate enough, and the other three are very young...

DT, DE: All our linemen save pryce are competing for spots I would immagine, we probably wont keep all of them on the roster, so look into this more during preseason.
              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by West
                Yes that will be a close battle but Mike not only has to worry about injuries, we have to worry about the marijuana.
                He only got in trouble for drugs once.

It's not like every other player in the NFL doesn't do drugs. Everyone does it(Except for a selected few), it's just a matter of covering it up.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                  He only got in trouble for drugs once.

It's not like every other player in the NFL doesn't do drugs. Everyone does it(Except for a selected few), it's just a matter of covering it up.
                  '

And what proof do you have of this?

This was a very stupid post
                  Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

[I]
                    Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                    The battles taht I see are

RG: Spikes (aint he a guard?) Clabo, Carlisle
                    Yup, Spikes was a starter for the Cardinals...Clabo is young, I think that if he can play with any consistency the job is likely his...Obviously Carlisle got the shaft here...He wanted to leave for Baltimore and we persuaded him to stay by dangling the starting job in his face...I like all of our options here...

Backup QB: This will be important to us this year, not often do qbs make all snaps every year. Jake did it last year, but he prolly wont make ALL of them this year... hopefully our backup is decent..... I wouldnt mind signing someone offa cuts later on to kick Kanell off..... I really dont like him much, not accurate enough, and the other three are very young...

We are in a bit of a situation here...If we pick-up a new back-up, he has to learn the system...if we keep Kanell, he sucks...I say, make a statement and cut Kanell...and make it a competetion between Mauck, VanPelt and Friehauf...
                    DT, DE: All our linemen save pryce are competing for spots I would immagine, we probably wont keep all of them on the roster, so look into this more during preseason.

This whole situation is win-win...Fans of other teams can make fun of us all they want, but; bottom line, we have more starters than positions...
                    I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

'

And what proof do you have of this?

This was a very stupid post
                      It's obvious, I may be judging, but drugs are addictive, once you start you can't stop. If you do it once, and you like it, you're going to do it for the rest of your life.

Now, I don't do drugs, but I have plenty of friends that do, and that is the situation.
                      sigpic

Comment

Truthfully, I would like to see LeSeuer challenge Ferguson for the starting spot at FS, as well.
                        Next year. He has a lot to learn.
                        The three Keys to football
                        1. Turnovers
                        2. Field Position
                        3. Red Zone Play

Comment

It's obvious, I may be judging, but drugs are addictive, once you start you can't stop. If you do it once, and you like it, you're going to do it for the rest of your life.

Now, I don't do drugs, but I have plenty of friends that do, and that is the situation.

No, you said that many in the NFL do this, you have no proof of that, that is like you sayin that 90% of the world does it, without any proof, yes it is proven that some do do drugs in the NFL, Ricky Williams, and such, but you have no proof more do it than not
                          Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

That's not true. Drugs are addictive but people have a thing called will power. It's not like i smoke weed everyday...Im not going to do it for the rest of my life, it phases out.

All the myths are lies.

Comment

No, you said that many in the NFL do this, you have no proof of that, that is like you sayin that 90% of the world does it, without any proof, yes it is proven that some do do drugs in the NFL, Ricky Williams, and such, but you have no proof more do it than not
                              Alright, you're right, I have no proof. I'll admit i'm wrong.

But, theres still a good chance that alot of the NFL players do it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Not in all cases.

I tried drugs. Hell, I loved them, especially weed.

Now I'm 100% drug free, aside from the occasional alcoholic beverage. I have little inclination do ever do any again, and believe me, I loved weed like I love to breathe.

On a case by case basis, I would say that it isn't always true, but certainly, when considering the majority of cases, it most certainly is.
                                Originally posted by boltzpride619
                                What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Working...
                                X