Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morning of 8/1 T.C. Notes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Thank you to you and everybody else who is going to training camp and posting your notes here. Thank you guys!!!
    Ultimate Thread Killer!!!


    Sig above made by me!


    Comment


    • #17
      I don't know. I could see Van Pelt at #2 because of his scrambling ability. Also, do not forget that he spent all season last year in the coaches play-calling booth, so he has benefited from learning first hand what calls are made in what situations and why.

      If they were not high on Bradlee, they would definitely be giving more reps to Mauck and Kanell.

      Mauck had the more productive college career and looked more like the NFL QB.
      And Kanell knows the playbook already and has more experience than all the others (save Plummer).

      Bradlee Van Pelt could be the next Rod Smith for the Broncos. An undrafted free agent who works his way to start(eventually, like 3-5 years from now). You have to admit, you gotta like his desire. If he continues to come along at the pace he has, he could end up being a steal. And truthly, all we really need is an adequate backup who can run the Broncos offense like Jake, and out of all of our backup QBs, Van Pelt fits the 'Plummer' mold more than the others.
      Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
      Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
      Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by ryanvscott
        Are you a journalist? If not, quit your day job right now and become one! Great, great stuff.
        I know it is hard to see during practice, but how does Cooper Carlisle look so far? He is the only question mark on the line, IMO. Danny Neil was just such a stud that I never worried about that guard position.
        Thanks! It's fun to share thoughts on what's taking place over at Dove Valley.

        Carlisle seems to have done a pretty good job. Pass protection as a unit has been pretty solid, the running game is finding its niche for this year, but has such different runners in and out so often in practice it can be hard to tell. They did get a real nice push on the goal line though. Doesn't appear to have any real weak links.

        Comment


        • #19
          Awesome report. It's great to be informed of what's happening at training camp for those of us who can't make it. Your reports (and Jack's) have been much more informative than anything in the papers.

          I really like what I've been hearing about Lelie. It seems he's becoming a true wide receiver, rather than one-dimensional deep threat.

          I'm also pleasantly surprised that BVP is excelling as the second-team quarterback. I can't wait to see what he does in the preseason, but by the sound of it, he learned a lot last year.

          One question: Now that LeSueur is nickleback, is he still playing safety? If not, who is the second-team safety playing with Brandon?
          A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

          So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by PsychoChicken
            Awesome report. It's great to be informed of what's happening at training camp for those of us who can't make it. Your reports (and Jack's) have been much more informative than anything in the papers.

            I really like what I've been hearing about Lelie. It seems he's becoming a true wide receiver, rather than one-dimensional deep threat.

            I'm also pleasantly surprised that BVP is excelling as the second-team quarterback. I can't wait to see what he does in the preseason, but by the sound of it, he learned a lot last year.

            One question: Now that LeSueur is nickleback, is he still playing safety? If not, who is the second-team safety playing with Brandon?
            LeSueur is still playing second team safety as well. It seems they are trying to get him on the field as often as possible. When he played nickel with first team, in order to give him a break they subbed Chris Young in at safety with Brandon. But Brandon has really outshined Young at safety thus far in camp IMO.

            Comment


            • #21
              A few questions about the RBs, which I know are hard to judge from what you and others have stated. I actually read that Q doesn't seem fully recovered from his injury(rockymountainnews) but did have a good practice Monday. From your observations(and others) Tatum has lacked, let's say 'spirit'.

              Has Q, or any other back for that matter, looked good enough that the coaches might put them in front of Tatum, either to light a fire under his butt or as a reward to the RB for working as hard as they have, or does it look like a MA/TB battle all through camp?
              Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
              Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
              Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by diesel51
                A few questions about the RBs, which I know are hard to judge from what you and others have stated. I actually read that Q doesn't seem fully recovered from his injury(rockymountainnews) but did have a good practice Monday. From your observations(and others) Tatum has lacked, let's say 'spirit'.

                Has Q, or any other back for that matter, looked good enough that the coaches might put them in front of Tatum, either to light a fire under his butt or as a reward to the RB for working as hard as they have, or does it look like a MA/TB battle all through camp?
                Q sat out again today. I think they're just trying not to overwork him. I wasn't at Monday's practice, but Q definitely had his struggles on Sunday IMO. I don't think Clarett has the conditioning yet to push Tatum, and Ron Dayne looked pretty good to me today at times, but not enough to beat out Tatum. I don't think at this point that Tatum would be passed by anyone other than Anderson. But I guess you never know, there's lots of camp left and the coaches see A LOT more than I do, that's for sure. If I had to do a depth chart right now, just my opinion however, it would go as follows.
                Mike Anderson
                Tatum Bell
                Maurice Clarett
                Ron Dayne
                Quentin Griffin
                However, I don't think Dayne would actually make it over Griffin even if he slightly outperforms him, Griffin brings such variety, Dayne would have to beat out Anderson or Clarett I think to make the team. But I could easily be wrong.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Do you think the offense's struggles are more a result of the defense being just flat out dominant or the offense just being inefficient?
                  My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

                  Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

                  America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

                  Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Great report! Looks like Ian Gold is performing excellent. I am so excited for the 2006 season.
                    I'll be attending the 4th preseason game against the Cardinals so I'll do a report, hopefully half as good as this, when the time comes.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BroncosB2B
                      Do you think the offense's struggles are more a result of the defense being just flat out dominant or the offense just being inefficient?
                      I wouldn't say the offense has been struggling that much. The defense has looked much better at forcing turnovers than a year ago, but most of those that I have seen have been off of muffed snaps or bad decisions by our back up QB's. Especially today, I thought Jake did a great job distributing the ball and making wise decisions in the move the ball drill. (basically a scrimmage)

                      I really like what I've seen from both units overall. They've both had their moments of good and bad, but have seemed to do a lot more than go through the motions. The units are really stepping out there with a winning mindset, the guys are very competitive against one another, as you can imagine.

                      If anything has held the offense back, IMO it would only be that they haven't really let go of the reigns yet. They seem to be working more on fine tuning the sharpness of each play.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by RoorRipper
                        Great report! Looks like Ian Gold is performing excellent. I am so excited for the 2006 season.
                        I'll be attending the 4th preseason game against the Cardinals so I'll do a report, hopefully half as good as this, when the time comes.
                        That'll be a great preseason game to watch. Some of the best battles of camp should really be taking shape. Enjoy the game. Look forward to reading your report.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Thanks so much for your work in putting these reports together jletourneau!!

                          This means SOOOOOOOOO much to me to be able to get such quality info while living so far from Dove Valley. If you're ever in the Philly area, drinks are on me (that goes for Jack too)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Warrena nd co. are doing great. If you can getinto the backfield against the Bronco's O-Line, you are great.

                            Walls has been step his performance up a notch. Bailey has been impressive. Interception after interception. Hopefully, he can do that against Moss and Owens.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Question about Alexander

                              In earlier training camp reports it seemed like Roc was doing great and i was impressed now it seems like its fadeing away,do u know why? Is he just getting burned a lot or not being physical?
                              Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by KnightOLB53
                                Question about Alexander

                                In earlier training camp reports it seemed like Roc was doing great and i was impressed now it seems like its fadeing away,do u know why? Is he just getting burned a lot or not being physical?
                                I've been wondering that myself. He has just been sliding down the chart so it seems. I haven't seen him doing anything great, but haven't noticed him gettng burned too much. I've only seen him lining up with the 3rd team. Must be something that the coaches have observed little by little.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X