Great BVP Article, #2 QB behind Plummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great BVP Article, #2 QB behind Plummer

Great Article from the Rocky Mtn. News on BVP's progess, how hes matured and how Mike Shanahan is giving him a shot to work with the second team offense all week. Not a knock on Kanel but Shanny feels that BVP has a great deal of talent and deserves a long hard evaluation here.
    I predict he does alot to impress the coaching staff and not only earns a roster spot but earns the #2 quarter back spot anyway here it is check it out!
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...974083,00.html
    One area Van Pelt admitted having trouble with is throwing the ball to Jerry Rice, he said he wants to throw the perfect pass to rice everytime, he wants to have the right zip and right length. But so far hasnt been getting it done with Jerry, but does admitt it comes back to imtimadation. However you wont see this bit in the article because I heard it on 7 news last night!
    sigpic

good read...I definetaly think that he has the ability to backup Jake...And even take over if he gets injured..
    Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

Good day for BVP fans. There's a good article in the Denverpost on him too.

Comment

Wow, very nice story.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

IF, and that's a big if, BVP should show something to the coaches and his teammates, can anybody else see them trading Mauck to Saban's fins? For, say, a 3rd/4th rounder?

I guess it's really too early to start thinking these things, but, if we see Mauck playing a bunch in the preseason, and excelling, and BVP maybe doing mop up, then I'm not too certain it doesn't happen.

Opinions?
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
            IF, and that's a big if, BVP should show something to the coaches and his teammates, can anybody else see them trading Mauck to Saban's fins? For, say, a 3rd/4th rounder?

I guess it's really too early to start thinking these things, but, if we see Mauck playing a bunch in the preseason, and excelling, and BVP maybe doing mop up, then I'm not too certain it doesn't happen.

Opinions?
            It looks to me as if BVP has emerged as the coaches' darling, RC. It seems apparent by now that Shanny much prefers the QB with scrambling, rollout abilities. Elway had them (of course), Jake had them, and now there is BVP. Moreover, BVP's accuracy has reportedly improved a great deal. I would not be surprised to see the Broncos attempt to fashion trades in that area, but it is looking increasingly as if they intend to keep BVP.

-----

Comment

I hope he can beat out Danny K. I don't have anything against him, except I have everything against him.

Comment

Van Pelt sucks

Comment

I find it ironic that a day before the story is written up in the Post and the Rockymountainnews, I said that the possibility of Van Pelt at #2 wasn't outrageous.

I feel good. NA NA NA NA NA NA NA. And I knew that I would.
                  Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                  Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                  Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by DBattack
                    Van Pelt sucks
                    I wouldn't say he sucks, but he definitely needs to be more accurate. I still think Matt Mauck will beat him out for the #2 spot, but I can see Kanell getting his walking papers now that BVP has shown marked improvement.

Comment

This being my first post to the board, I would like to thank those who are giving TC updates. Living in Texas is hard when you are a Bronco Fan. I feel that MS is going to give VP and MM a long look to back up JP. WE ALL KNOW THAT DK IS NOT THE ANSWER, if he was MS would not tried to get Garcia to come to camp. JP is ten times better than DK on his worst day.

Comment

Originally posted by DBattack
                        Van Pelt sucks

Unfortunately, so does Mauck, Kanell, and Friehauff or whatever his name is.

Comment

How does Mauck suck? If I've added them up correctly, Mauck has less INTs than any QB in camp so far. People are reading too much into BVP taking snaps with the second team. Jobs aren't won in only 6 days of camp....

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                            How does Mauck suck? If I've added them up correctly, Mauck has less INTs than any QB in camp so far. People are reading too much into BVP taking snaps with the second team. Jobs aren't won in only 6 days of camp....

Your talking about camp, which is rendered meaningless. And if your right, Denver might as well quit now, because noone will stop Kerry Collins and the Oakland Raiders offense, who is said to be having an absolutely exceptional camp.

Mauck is like a Ken Dorsey in terms of talent.

He doesn't have a great arm, he's not very accurate, he's not athletically talented, and he's not going to win games on his own.

Comment

Jobs aren't won in only 6 days of camp....
                              Yea right. I believe Barry Sanders won his with it out ever attending camp, on his very first carry.

Still, Mauck ain't no Barry.
                              Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                              Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                              Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X