Tatum Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txsbronco
    jr i think this is the first post where it won't be ww3...maybe..speed can't be coached, you may make someone quicker but you can't coach the home run....you coach him on where he needs to be...what crease he needs to hit...and hold on to the ball...i know you like the little bug...watched him play in highschool, college..ask youself on third and 1 will he get the hard yard...no but after bug was hurt they got alot more of those hard yards....what is exiting to me is 2nd and 4-5 to go...keep hammering away and wear donw a defense, force them to bring the safeties down to stop the run and throw play action over the top.

you are right about the job being up for grabs....RBBC is not a bad thing... fresh legs wins ball games in the 4th...been there and done it...2 kids 2500yds in 12 games..and alot of unhappy daddies..did'nt like their kids splitting time.
    While yor correct about wering down the D if theya re all over the field trying to stop Q it accomplishes the same thing. Does it not?

I'll take a Barry Sanders type runner over a RD style plodding and yes he does on occasion carry the tackler a couple of extra yards and that is nice but if you have someone the is faked out of the jock strap trying to make the tackle which is better?

Getting 5+ yards a carry vs 3.8 I'll take 5+ whether it is tater, Big MO or Q given the same blocking both can suceed IMHO.

Comment

I realize everybody has there favorites but come on people, does it really matter who gets the starting nod? I don't care if it's Bell, Anderson, Q, Clarett or....well maybe not Dayne, but you get the point.
      The fact is, WE WILL HAVE AN AWESOME RUNNING GAME. I mean look at all the talent there. Whoever starts may not even finish, that has been the norm in recent years.
      My point is, we have potential starters in any of these guys and that can only spell success for us, no matter who's taking the opening handoff Sept. 11.

Comment

The thing with Bell...... lazy, sluggish, it is training camp/ preseason. He did get injured last year so maybe he's taking it a little easier?

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
          The thing with Bell...... lazy, sluggish, it is training camp/ preseason. He did get injured last year so maybe he's taking it a little easier?
          The problem with taking it easy is that you portray the attitude that "I don't have to work hard to get the job". It would be different if Mike Anderson wasn't busting his tail, being the oldest of the backs and coming off a season ending injury last year. As you get older, it takes longer to heal, yet he's going at it full steam.
          I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Originally posted by mrsolo
            The problem with taking it easy is that you portray the attitude that "I don't have to work hard to get the job". It would be different if Mike Anderson wasn't busting his tail, being the oldest of the backs and coming off a season ending injury last year. As you get older, it takes longer to heal, yet he's going at it full steam.
            He's probably accustomed to working that hard being a Marine and all.
            The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
              And just because HOU is from OSU land, don't let that become an issue........

DId I say different? That post was full of contradictions. IF you have to have heart to play in college, then TAtum had heart. But then txbronco said he didn't have heart.

While I don't post here, I've been a Bronco fan for a long time. Before any OSU players were on the team. NOw I just have more of a reason to post. When Q(a OU alum) was starting, I was enjoying the show(despite his ties) until he started fumbling. I just think people put to much stock into this short period before anything has been played.
              Last edited by HanesOnU; 08-08-2005, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X