Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BVP--I see now....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BVP--I see now....

    I see what all the hype was about now with BVP. He is a gamer. Raw...but he escaped two sacks that just about any other qb couldn't have. If he just learns to have better control, we might be looking at our 2007 starter.
    Mauck has the LSU national championship pedigree, and his quick slant audible to Devoe that turned into the long TD was smart, but I think BVP's athleticism trumps that.
    I saw only two things that really excited me on Saturday night...BVP and (gasp) Dorsett Davis. Davis was all over the field.

  • #2
    Originally posted by ryanvscott
    If he just learns to have better control, we might be looking at our 2007 starter.
    Did I miss something? Is Jake only playing 2 more years?

    Comment


    • #3
      No, his contract is for longer than that, but if he is still inconsistent this year, Shanahan will bench or cut him, IMO.

      Comment


      • #4
        I just heard an impromptu interview with BVP as he was coming off the practice field. It was a good fifteen minutes long with the AM 760 ESPN guy asking him all sorts of things from Watts to Dayne, beating out his friends, Cu vs Csu. It was quite a varied discussion and he handled it very well. He didnt stick to cliches, he was articulate and to the point.

        To me that is more telling about his future here than Saturday was. To excel in Shanahans system you have got to have talent, fire, and brains.

        Griese lacked the fire, or he would still be here today. Plummer has the talent and fire and seems to grasp the offense despite what some may say. He will stay with us for a long while but I doubt he will retire as a Bronco.

        If BVP has the brains he could push for a starting job three seasons from now, if he cant hang talking Xs with Kubiak and Shanahan he won't. gp

        Comment


        • #5
          i said from the very beginning of the training camp threads that BVP wud rise to the No. 2 spot. no one agreed with me. everyone sed kanell then mauck or mauck then kanell" van pelt reminds me of plummer. hes athletic, can evade tackles, and has a grizzly adams look hahaa
          broncos rule!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            BVP is definately a gamer.

            However i dont like how everyone says: "He should play linebacker, or safety, or fullback". He runs a 4.8. That is slow. Im guessing he runs faster than his timed speed, but still. Plummer runs a 4.7 surprisingly.

            BVP reminds me of Adrian McPherson. Atheletic, raw, talented, but not a "quarterback" yet. Even though McPherson proved himself in the AFL, it is, the AFL, not the NFL.

            The moment when BVP shows improved accuracy, great vision, i will be impressed. At least he didnt cause any turnovers during the Texans game, but he did almost get picked off in the end zone.

            Comment


            • #7
              If anyone doubts BVP ability they must not have watched him play football at CSU. The guy is a stud......period. Sure Jake Plummer is a good QB but I'd rather watch BVP anyday.

              I guess it helps to have played football to truely appreciate the type of player BVP is. Anyone who isn't on the BVP bandwagon probably just never played.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ttejuco
                BVP is definately a gamer.

                However i dont like how everyone says: "He should play linebacker, or safety, or fullback". He runs a 4.8. That is slow. Im guessing he runs faster than his timed speed, but still. Plummer runs a 4.7 surprisingly.

                BVP reminds me of Adrian McPherson. Atheletic, raw, talented, but not a "quarterback" yet. Even though McPherson proved himself in the AFL, it is, the AFL, not the NFL.

                The moment when BVP shows improved accuracy, great vision, i will be impressed. At least he didnt cause any turnovers during the Texans game, but he did almost get picked off in the end zone.
                As Ravage once pointed out, there is straight line 40 speed in shorts, then there is football speed. Jake and BVP both have seemed to show greater football speed than their 40 times indicate. Another is Devoe, whose 40 is officially 4.64. But when he took off on that 92-yard TD reception, he was much faster than a 4.64 runner.

                -----

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mendozer
                  i said from the very beginning of the training camp threads that BVP wud rise to the No. 2 spot. no one agreed with me. everyone sed kanell then mauck or mauck then kanell" van pelt reminds me of plummer. hes athletic, can evade tackles, and has a grizzly adams look hahaa

                  No you didn't. The closest thing to that is:


                  Originally posted by mendozer
                  plummer
                  mauck
                  van pelt
                  friehauf (practice squad this year)

                  kanell working at mcdonalds for the rest of his life and miracuously wins....employee of the month in 10 years

                  http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthr...486#post601486


                  You picked Mauck as the #2 guy and BVP 3rd. Grats on getting the Kannell fall out on the money, though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by topscribe
                    As Ravage once pointed out, there is straight line 40 speed in shorts, then there is football speed. Jake and BVP both have seemed to show greater football speed than their 40 times indicate. Another is Devoe, whose 40 is officially 4.64. But when he took off on that 92-yard TD reception, he was much faster than a 4.64 runner.

                    -----
                    Same could be said about the GOAT, Terrell Davis, and Emmitt Smith. No one ever said they were speed demons on a track ,but put pads on them and they couldn't be touched.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Perry1977
                      No you didn't. The closest thing to that is:

                      Originally Posted by mendozer
                      plummer
                      mauck
                      van pelt
                      friehauf (practice squad this year)

                      kanell working at mcdonalds for the rest of his life and miracuously wins....employee of the month in 10 years


                      http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthr...486#post601486


                      You picked Mauck as the #2 guy and BVP 3rd. Grats on getting the Kannell fall out on the money, though.
                      This is hilarious. Nothing like calling someone out and embarrasing the **** out of them. Definetly CP worthy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I like BVP but I think we should get Brad Smith if we get the chance. He is athletic and has a similar playing style, he is suprisingly very accurate on the run and he like a running back and has good speed. He has 4.5 40 time. We need another Missouri grad on the team, look how Rod turned out.
                        Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          BVP seems a little

                          Although he gives the apperance of confidence, he plays a little shaky. I hope he gets all that fix sense he's our backup. Please, pretty please Plummer stay healthy.
                          Emancipate your mind!
                          The People's Poster

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Emancipator
                            Although he gives the apperance of confidence, he plays a little shaky. I hope he gets all that fix sense he's our backup. Please, pretty please Plummer stay healthy.
                            I think it's called inexperience. I believe BVP will be okay as he gets more reps.

                            But you're right about Jake.

                            -----

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Beretta
                              I

                              To me that is more telling about his future here than Saturday was. To excel in Shanahans system you have got to have talent, fire, and brains.

                              Griese lacked the fire, or he would still be here today. ..... gp
                              Good point.. I have been outspoken about problems I have with BVP, but atleast he makes me feel something. With Griese I was just like "C'mon man, throw us a bone, do something." I will never accuse BVP of lacking heart or being fake, that's for sure.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X