Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warpaint
    replied
    w/ any luck, if he works hard and really dedicates himself, todd devoe just might have a chance reaching the rarified air occupied by only a select few

such as jamaica rector for example.

Leave a comment:

• Bill S
    replied
    Todd Devoe

Let's just judge him for what he "DOES", not what he "can do" or worse yet, by what "others have done" in the past...? Judging Todd for what he DOES, I'm sure, is what Mike Shanahan is doing, and rightfully so. So far, Todd has done well...!

Todd, my sons and I are rooting (and praying) for ya man.

Go Todd, go Mules, and go Broncos...!
    Last edited by Bill S; 08-18-2005, 11:39 AM. Reason: grammar/readability

Leave a comment:

• DistilledFun
    replied
    Im not on the Todd bandwagon yet. But it seems I might join soon so keep a place for me. Im not sold on his speed. THough it does appear he has the deceptive speed with very long strides. though to make the me jump on the wagon i want to see more broken tackles and more over the middle catches. its not the highlight stuff that will get me its being a complete player.

Leave a comment:

• White Dragon
    replied
    Originally posted by In-com-plete
    It seems like every year there's a WR that gets talked up. Travis McGriff, Chris Cole, Kevin Kasper, Ashley, Watts, and now this guy. Three of those guys ended up being garbage. It took Ashley 3 years to be a factor, and actually he is just a deep threat guy. And Watts drops too many balls. This Devoe guy catches a 92 yard pass and everyone's on the bandwagon.

I don't know how everyone was able to get on the bandwagon, as fast as he is.
    You forgot Marcus Nash.
    McGriff & Nash both play in the Arena Football League now, Cole is a free agent and Kasper plays for the Texans.
    There are always recievers that get talked up and talked about during the pre-season, sometimes they end up being what everyone was saying, but most of the time they end up either being cut or stuck far down the depth chart.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by RebelSyxx
    Travis McGriff? Special teamer.....Didn't have the speed, route running or hands to make it as an NFL WR. I believe he spent one more season with TB than was released and is no longer active playing football.
    Man....I coulda swore I saw his name in a team's stats from last weekend....

..pitt maybe? Skins? Fins?

Leave a comment:

• jletourneau
    replied
    Originally posted by Duilen
    It started long before his 92 yard catch. This guy has been making big plays almost every day in TC.
    exactly! I don't think anyone was ever looking to start a Devoe bandwagon. In fact, everyone was so enamored at that point about what Luke, Crenshaw or B.J. Johnson might bring to the table that Devoe didn't even have anything for people to jump on. We all saw his name on the roster, and probably assumed he'd be among the first cuts.

But then, starting with the first week of camp, he made play after play and catch after catch, consistently. I was shocked and going, okay, who is this 14 guy again.

Devoe still has some big hurdles to clear to make the active roster, but he definitely deserves the mention he is getting after the practices and game he has had. Now, he just needs to show us more consistency over the course of a couple more games, and he might force Shanny to keep 6 WR's.

I'm rooting for him, but I still think it might be a long shot. Good luck Todd!

Leave a comment:

• RebelSyxx
    replied
    Travis McGriff? Special teamer.....Didn't have the speed, route running or hands to make it as an NFL WR. I believe he spent one more season with TB than was released and is no longer active playing football.

Leave a comment:

• Tibs2go
    replied
    It seems like every year there's a WR that gets talked up. Travis McGriff, Chris Cole, Kevin Kasper, Ashley, Watts, and now this guy. Three of those guys ended up being garbage. It took Ashley 3 years to be a factor, and actually he is just a deep threat guy. And Watts drops too many balls. This Devoe guy catches a 92 yard pass and everyone's on the bandwagon.

Ouch, Good point. What ever happened to Travis McGriff?

Leave a comment:

• RBDynasty
    replied
    Hahahaha .... I love it.

Leave a comment:

• Duilen
    replied
    It started long before his 92 yard catch. This guy has been making big plays almost every day in TC.

Leave a comment:

• In-com-plete
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PLUMMERFAN16
    replied
    Judging by what Devoe has done in camp and in his first preseason game, I'd love to see him line up as our slot receiver this year. Watts CONTINUES to be inconsistent catching the ball, while this guy is catching nearly everything. He's also mentally tough it seems, as he dropped a pass from Mauck the play before he busted that 92 yarder. Could be our answer on O when Rod hangs up the cleats.

Leave a comment:

• watchthemiddle
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill S
    The NFL is full of studs. Some of the greatest in the game were NOT first rounders and didn't start out as the greatest either.

Jerry Rice and Rod Smith were both D2 players, just like Todd. I'm not saying Todd is Jerry Rice or Rod Smith, but his locker is next to Rice's in the locker room and Rod Smith and Todd Devoe both came out of the same conf (MIAA) in D2.

Todd has a couple of "GREAT" mentors in Rice and Smith. I'll bet they see lot of themsleves in Todd just a decade (or two decades in Rice's case) ago.

The best thing about Todd Devoe is that he is a genuinely nice guy and will never be the kinda self-absorbed WR that TO and Randy Moss have become.

He will NOT embarrass the Broncos...!
    I have been all over this guy since the first time I saw him this year in person and on highlights. It just seems like out of all of the WR's his name has been called the most as far as playmaking is concerned. Look at what he did saturday night once he got in. I would love to see him in the game against the 1's or 2's this week. I think that once again, we have found a diamond in the ruff. If we let him go or even to the practice squad, you better believe a team will jump at getting him.

Leave a comment:

• HORSEPOWER 56
    replied
    I'm sold. I say give him a shot. So far in camp he seems to have done more than Johnson, Luke, and Crenshaw. If he keeps up his performance, I'll be jumping on his bandwagon soon. He has nice measurables, too. I like the fact that he's 6'2", 208 lbs. It would really be nice to have a big target like that in the red zone and one who can actually break tackles.

Leave a comment:

• Bill S
    replied
    The NFL is full of studs. Some of the greatest in the game were NOT first rounders and didn't start out as the greatest either.

Jerry Rice and Rod Smith were both D2 players, just like Todd. I'm not saying Todd is Jerry Rice or Rod Smith, but his locker is next to Rice's in the locker room and Rod Smith and Todd Devoe both came out of the same conf (MIAA) in D2.

Todd has a couple of "GREAT" mentors in Rice and Smith. I'll bet they see lot of themsleves in Todd just a decade (or two decades in Rice's case) ago.

The best thing about Todd Devoe is that he is a genuinely nice guy and will never be the kinda self-absorbed WR that TO and Randy Moss have become.

He will NOT embarrass the Broncos...!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X