QB in 2006?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB in 2006?

who thinks Denver should draft a QB in 06 with a first round pick? Is there any college QB's worth drafting other then USC's star? I really dont follow college ball.

Originally posted by DtruBroncos
    who thinks Denver should draft a QB in 06 with a first round pick? Is there any college QB's worth drafting other then USC's star? I really dont follow college ball.

If you can't recall the name of the most famous college QB ever, you shouldn't be asking. The draft is stacked with a bunch of qb's, the problem is, we don't need one. Why would we draft a QB to start or backup Plummer when we already have Bradlee Van Pelt. We don't need a QB, excpet we might need a 3rd string, but we would probably sign someone with experience.

The sickest Sig ever. Created by Snk16.

Comment

I bet u we will draft a rb with the first round.......

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
        If you can't recall the name of the most famous college QB ever, you shouldn't be asking. The draft is stacked with a bunch of qb's, the problem is, we don't need one. Why would we draft a QB to start or backup Plummer when we already have Bradlee Van Pelt. We don't need a QB, excpet we might need a 3rd string, but we would probably sign someone with experience.
        Since when is Matt Leinart the most famous college QB ever? And I wouldn't necessarily say we don't need a QB. There are other needs we need to address, but if the right situation presented itself.....

Comment

Originally posted by DtruBroncos
          Reggie McNeal of Texas A&M might a good choice. Vince Young might be worth it too, but in my opinion Vince is going to have work on his throwing mechanics.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I'm certainly NOT going to say that we don't need a QB. But I would rather us use the first round picks on a DT and a WR. Perhaps use that pick to trade for a veteran WR... or a TE. Its Soooooo early to be talking draft. We have NOOO idea whats going to happen between now and then. INjuries, signings, releases...trades. By the time the draft comes around, we might have a completely new outlook on what we need.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
              I'm certainly NOT going to say that we don't need a QB. But I would rather us use the first round picks on a DT and a WR. Perhaps use that pick to trade for a veteran WR... or a TE. Its Soooooo early to be talking draft. We have NOOO idea whats going to happen between now and then. INjuries, signings, releases...trades. By the time the draft comes around, we might have a completely new outlook on what we need.
              You have a point, Rav. I have seen teams win Super Bowls with less than elite QBs.

But none of them had mediocre lines. At least from what I saw.

-----

Comment

i don't see this happening

if u look at shanny's draft choice it hasn't been that great and he has never drafted a qb in first round as a head coach so i don't see this happening and bradlee looks solid so i am thinking of a safety or a wr in this years draft.

Comment

qb's are not very plentiful in this draft unless some jr's opt in.
                  "They should have canceled it," Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis told ESPN.com. "That show don't mean nothing -- that show is nothing about us."
                  Ray lewis on ESPNS choice to cancel PLAYMAKERS... yeah lewis keep telling yourself this.

Comment

I'd rather see us spend our first day picks on positions like DE, DT, LB, S, RB, WR...

Plummer's our QB for a while guys. He's Shanny's guy, which is a good thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Elway1983
                      Uhh hello Mr. know it all, Plummers passing yards for last sundays' game we're 92 yards passing!
                      Oh yeah I see us sailing to the super with our star studded QB and his 92 yards !
                      Im a Broncos fan before Im a plummer fan and the Plummer serade is over, we need someone else who can pass for over 200 yards and still be consistent! Again Im a bronco fan before a Plummer fan, its that simple
                      sigpic

Comment

I think we need a top WR before anything. Jake is getting the job done, but it seems as if no one is getting open. The one player that could change the face of the passing offense we already have: Darius Watts. He needs to get those hands right though, as he can get open seemingly at will.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
                          Uhh hello Mr. know it all, Plummers passing yards for last sundays' game we're yards passing!
                          Oh yeah I see us sailing to the super with our star studded QB and his 92 yards !
                          Im a Broncos fan before Im a plummer fan and the Plummer serade is over, we need someone else who can pass for over 200 yards and still be consistent! Again Im a bronco fan before a Plummer fan, its that simple

I'll take Plummer's 92 yards and a win over someone like Bulger's 400 yards and a loss anyday of the week.

As far as "sailing with the super studded QB",

Brad Johnson
                          Trent Dilfer
                          Jake Delhomme

have all either been in the SuperBowl or won the SuperBowl in the 2000's alone. And great defenses or not, they all had a QB that could efficiently manage a game, which is what Plummer is doing for the most part right now, with the occasional up's and down's, as well as the names mentioned above.

See Yuz.

Comment

Van Pelt has a ways to go before he can be considered a legitimate NFL starting QB material. Be that as it may, we need O-line help next year as Nalen isn't going to be around much longer. If we take a QB it will be in the later rounds (5-7th) and will most likely be to continue cultivating young talent should Jake Plummer take a serious injury.

Fans need to quit wondering when Plummer will be replaced or when Denver will draft the next "John Elway". The Broncos have more pressing concerns, and it will be too big of a cap hit to carry a high QB draft pick and Plummer on the same roster. We have Plummer for at least 2-4 mroe years barring injury. It's time to stop wondering when he will be gone. If he was going to be gotten rid of, it would have happened in this past offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24
                              Uhh hello Mr. know it all, Plummers passing yards for last sundays' game we're 92 yards passing!
                              Stats lie. Wins don't and Plummer gets wins.

Besides, that was god aweful weather and the best thing the Broncos could do is not throw in that slop. Washington did and Brunell had alot of passing yards but who got the Win? 92 yards passing did.

Plummer consistantly leads the Broncos to victory. As a Broncos fan that's all the consistancy you should be asking for out of a QB.

Comment

Working...
                              X