denver mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badintentions
    not bad...but i wish we could get players like Matt Leinart or Vince Young, reggie bush or deangelo williams, etc...too bad its not gonna happen!!!
    Young is garbage...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampion
      1st-Marcus McNeill, OT
      1st-Tamba Hali, DE
      2nd-LaRon Landry, S
      3rd-Greg Eslinger, C
      4th-Parys Haralson, DE
      4th-Carlton Jones, RB
      5th-Taurean Henderson, RB
      6th-Greg Jennings, WR
      I would love this draft.

Tamba Hali is exceptionally beasty, and I'd like to see a WR in the 3rd or so, unless we can get a top notch receiver in the free agency. Also, I'd rather take Mike Bell over Carlton Jones.
      sigpic

Comment

1st-Marcus McNeill, OT
        1st-Tamba Hali, DE
        2nd-LaRon Landry, S
        3rd-Greg Eslinger, C
        4th-Parys Haralson, DE
        4th-Carlton Jones, RB
        5th-Taurean Henderson, RB
        6th-Greg Jennings, WR
        Simple: No.

Marcus McNeill doesn't fit our mold of 'small' OL (i think thats an oxymoron ) No way will we be picking 2 RBs in back to back rounds. And no way does Henderson fall to the 5th. Just not possible. He is a Brian Westbrook who is very versatile and I see him being drafted in the 2nd or 3rd.

My Mock:

1A: Mario Williams DE NCSTATE (13th pick Washington falls apart in 2nd half)
        Is Julius Peppers in the making. He is a playmaker. Simple.

1B: Eric Winston OT THE U (24th pick ONLY REASON HE FALLS IS BECAUSE IS INJURY A YEAR AGO)
        Good feet and quickness from the TE experience as a freshman and in HS. Good size and very mobile. Plus with Lepsis probably being gone this year. In the future, Winston and Foster could be the best tandem tackles in the league.

2: Greg Eslinger C MINN
        Good Bronco style size. Best Center in the NCAA,

3: Greg Threat S THE U
        Simple we need a safety that can cover.

4: Kyle Tatum OG BAMA
        Well since Ben Hamilton being moved to Center we need some guard depth.

4: DonTrell Moore RB NEW MEX
        Well I think Danny Ware is the future of Denver but he is 2 years from coming out and we always draft a RB. Dontrel fits our mold of RB.

5: Mike Hass WR OR ST
        Great Possession receiver. Rod is inevitably going to retire sometime and we need a possession receiver to fill that void. I think its Mike Hass

6: TJ Williams TE NCSTATE
        Personally I STILL don't think Putzier is getting it done and resigning him was a joke.

7: Steve Fifita DT UTAH
        Just adding depth to the DT position.

Comment

Originally posted by West

Marcus McNeill doesn't fit our mold of 'small' OL (i think thats an oxymoron ) No way will we be picking 2 RBs in back to back rounds. And no way does Henderson fall to the 5th. Just not possible. He is a Brian Westbrook who is very versatile and I see him being drafted in the 2nd or 3rd.

My Mock:

1B: Eric Winston OT THE U (24th pick ONLY REASON HE FALLS IS BECAUSE IS INJURY A YEAR AGO)
          Good feet and quickness from the TE experience as a freshman and in HS. Good size and very mobile. Plus with Lepsis probably being gone this year. In the future, Winston and Foster could be the best tandem tackles in the league.

Well I think Danny Ware is the future of Denver but he is 2 years from coming out and we always draft a RB. Dontrel fits our mold of RB.

Great Possession receiver. Rod is inevitably going to retire sometime and we need a possession receiver to fill that void. I think its Mike Hass

Personally I STILL don't think Putzier is getting it done and resigning him was a joke.

on Marcus McNeill

he may not look like a denver lineman, but he is athletic, a sub 5 40 at 330+ pounds is quite impressive.

i don't see mike hass making it to the late 5th rd...

Made by Snk16

Comment

on Marcus McNeill

he may not look like a denver lineman, but he is athletic, a sub 5 40 at 330+ pounds is quite impressive.

i don't see mike hass making it to the late 5th rd...
            We average around the 290 range. But hey we drafted Foster didn't we?

The only reason Hass falls is because of size and speed.

Comment

Originally posted by West

My Mock:

There is no way we get #13 unless we trade, Mario Williams won't make it out of the top 5, Winston's stock is rising back up after the Va Tech game so he is probably top twenty. Eslinger is early second or late first pick and won't fall to our #2. Threat might be there in the third which would be good. I think we will resign Lepsis this year, he and Nalen are playing great so we won't need an OT in the first round..
              The three Keys to football
              1. Turnovers
              2. Field Position
              3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Nope

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
                this is most likely Nalen's last season.....he's probally going to retire after this year.

and Ben Hamilton will then move over to center.......
                I doubt it...

Nalen will most likely play next year....according to the locals, he is having a great season and Shanahan is on record as saying he still thinks Nalen is the best in the biz...for Nalen's part, he says as long as he is playing well and healthy, which ihe is on both counts, he will continue playing on...

Comment

Working...
                X