Perfect Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Scenarios

For you draft guys out there, what would be the perfect, albeit realistic, scenario for Denver's upcoming draft?

Here's my stab:

No. 1a-Kiwanuka; I'd like to think Mario'd be here, but if he's really the physical freak-type, he'll be gone top-10.
    No. 1b-Santonio Holmes/Derek Hagan; I'd rather trade this pick for some 2nd and 3rd's though...

No. 2-Blue/Landry/Pollard/Bing; safety, yessss....

No. 3a-Bronco type O-lineman;
    No. 3b (Hayward)-Defensive line depth; Haralson/Dumervil/Rucker
    No. 3c (Kennedy or Herndon, who's starting for the Hawks now)-ditto

No. 4-RB prospect/More o-line

No. 5-Secondary depth

No. 6-??? got me, kicker maybe

No. 7-???

Check it out, check it out, I'm the second comin' of Kiper!

Originally posted by WABronco
    For you draft guys out there, what would be the perfect, albeit realistic, scenario for Denver's upcoming draft?

Here's my stab:

No. 1a-Kiwanuka; I'd like to think Mario'd be here, but if he's really the physical freak-type, he'll be gone top-10.
    No. 1b-Santonio Holmes/Derek Hagan; I'd rather trade this pick for some 2nd and 3rd's though...

No. 5-Secondary depth

No. 7-???

we dont have a 7th rounder because we traded that to the Panthers for Sauerbran.......and I believe we dont have a 4th because we traded that to Cleveland for Warren right?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
      we dont have a 7th rounder because we traded that to the Panthers for Sauerbran.......and I believe we dont have a 4th because we traded that to Cleveland for Warren right?
      The 4th was last year, but I bet we get a comp. 7th for someone...

Comment

The 4th was last year, but I bet we get a comp. 7th for someone...
        how could we trade away a 4th from last year for Warren this year
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDforTatum26
          how could we trade away a 4th from last year for Warren this year
          We traded our fourth rounder before the draft, we traded for GW before the draft...I'm almost positive that that's the case...

2nd-D. Williams

3rd-Paymah
          3rd-Foxxy
          3rd-UGHHH!!!

6th-Myers
          7th-Ernster

Comment

We traded our fourth rounder before the draft, we traded for GW before the draft...I'm almost positive that that's the case...

2nd-D. Williams

3rd-Paymah
            3rd-Foxxy
            3rd-UGHHH!!!

6th-Myers
            7th-Ernster

ooooooooooooooooohhhhhh.......i see. yeah now that you explained that to me that was probally the case....
            sigpic

Comment

Just a quick question...

What makes you think Mathias Kiwi will last towards the mid to late first round (cause I hate to say it but the Skins are looking pretty good...we won't get higher than 15-20 IMO)...I know he has the knee injury but I didn't think It was serious enough for him to drop that far...

That being said I like the thought of going reciever than safety after that if it pans out that way

Thanks Snk

Comment

Originally posted by ColRockies_5
                Just a quick question...

What makes you think Mathias Kiwi will last towards the mid to late first round (cause I hate to say it but the Skins are looking pretty good...we won't get higher than 15-20 IMO)...I know he has the knee injury but I didn't think It was serious enough for him to drop that far...

That being said I like the thought of going reciever than safety after that if it pans out that way
                I should've wrote Kiwi/top DE prospect. I wish we could have a shot at Mario, but these guys are shootin up the boards...

Comment

I should've wrote Kiwi/top DE prospect. I wish we could have a shot at Mario, but these guys are shootin up the boards...
                  We have a shot...we just have to trade both our first rounders for a higher first rounder in the top 8. Is it worth it???
                  The three Keys to football
                  1. Turnovers
                  2. Field Position
                  3. Red Zone Play

Comment

2nd-D. Williams

3rd-Paymah
                    3rd-Foxxy
                    3rd-UGHHH!!!

6th-Myers
                    7th-Ernster

Nope. We traded our 4th last year for Ellis Johnson the year before.

Before the draft we traded our 4th this coming draft for Gerrard Warren.

We also traded our 7th for Sauerbraun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan

HUHHH!!

The compensation for Johnson was a 4th, jeebuz, that sucks ass...

Comment

Here's my stab:

No. 5-Secondary depth

No. 7-???

While, many things are far from positive at this juncture, several things are.

1) Kiwanuka and Williams will both be top 10-15 picks and we won't have a shot at either unless we package both of our 1st round picks to move up.

2) Dumervil will be a first round pick as a 3-4 Rush LB ala Demarcus Ware.

3) We don't have 4th and 7th round picks at this time.

4) Dont count on Compensatory picks. You have to lose more in FA versus what you were able to retain/obtain. Heyward won't net us much due to signing so many D-linemen. Kennedy is probably offset by signing Ian Gold. So, I expect 1 4th or 5th round Compensatory pick for Herndon.

I think your 1B and 2nd round guys are correct in value.

Comment

Nope, it was our 5th that we traded for Ellis Johnson. 4th for Gerard Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
                            Nope, it was our 5th that we traded for Ellis Johnson. 4th for Gerard Warren.

Ooh, you're absolutely right.

Sorry WABronco, you had it correct.

Comment

Ooh, you're absolutely right.

Sorry WABronco, you had it correct.
                              Lol, that's what I thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X