Hey Everybody, Turn On Espn2 Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Everybody, Turn On Espn2 Now!

It's Super Mario/Manny Lawson vs. Kiwi!!! (aka NC State vs. BC)
    Last edited by WABronco; 11-12-2005, 05:22 PM.

Originally posted by WABronco
    It's Super Mario/Manny Lawson vs. Kiwi!!! (aka NC State vs. BC)
    Kiwi looks awesome, and Manny Lawson looks good also.
    Last edited by BroncoRT; 11-12-2005, 07:23 PM.
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

Comment

It was fantastic watching this game with 3 possible first rounders all on the D-line. Kiwanuka was all over the place making plays. Lawson and Williams were impressive as well, but Kiwi really helped his stock with this game.

This game just proves to me that we need one of either Kiwanuka or Williams. It doesn't really matter to me which as long as we get one of them.
      “One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain” ~Thomas Sowell

2008 Draft: my grade --> A-

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighSpirit
        It was fantastic watching this game with 3 possible first rounders all on the D-line. Kiwanuka was all over the place making plays. Lawson and Williams were impressive as well, but Kiwi really helped his stock with this game.

This game just proves to me that we need one of either Kiwanuka or Williams. It doesn't really matter to me which as long as we get one of them.
        I have this game recorded and will watch it on Monday, but I absolutely agree with you. At this point, my stance is trade up and nab one of the two, Kiwi or Williams. Pass rushers like these don't come around every year, and we are desperate for a pure edge rusher, heck, the main site is highlighting the problem in its main story! Henderson, Lawson, Dumervil, Hali...those are nice players, but Williams and Kiwi are the best edge rushers since Peppers of '02 and Suggs of '03. There is no telling what the next two years will bring, and we are playing with our best hand in a while, carrying two first rounders and possibly a handful of thirds. So take your choice, two players in a high risk region of the first, or one of two future Pro Bowlers with All Pro potential at our weakest position? I think I'll take the latter if you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
          I have this game recorded and will watch it on Monday, but I absolutely agree with you. At this point, my stance is trade up and nab one of the two, Kiwi or Williams. Pass rushers like these don't come around every year, and we are desperate for a pure edge rusher, heck, the main site is highlighting the problem in its main story! Henderson, Lawson, Dumervil, Hali...those are nice players, but Williams and Kiwi are the best edge rushers since Peppers of '02 and Suggs of '03. There is no telling what the next two years will bring, and we are playing with our best hand in a while, carrying two first rounders and possibly a handful of thirds. So take your choice, two players in a high risk region of the first, or one of two future Pro Bowlers with All Pro potential at our weakest position? I think I'll take the latter if you don't mind.
          Mmmmmmm, 4 sacks for Mr. Kiwi...Mmmmm, donut...

I agree completely. It's conventional to go for depth over one player, but when you're dealing with guys like Mario and Kiwi, you gotta pull the trigger. The fact that we only have 10 sacks or whatever exacerbates that...

But it'd be even sweeter to get one of those elite guys, then pick up another highly rated DE in the second or third, the strictly pass rush types...

BTW OhNo, what do you think it would take to move up into the top 10 or 5 (or into the spot necessary to take Mario or Kiwi). I hear some saying it would take both our firsts and a second next year. That seems a little exaggerated to me...

Comment

I agree completely. It's conventional to go for depth over one player, but when you're dealing with guys like Mario and Kiwi, you gotta pull the trigger. The fact that we only have 10 sacks or whatever exacerbates that...

But it'd be even sweeter to get one of those elite guys, then pick up another highly rated DE in the second or third, the strictly pass rush types...

BTW OhNo, what do you think it would take to move up into the top 10 or 5 (or into the spot necessary to take Mario or Kiwi). I hear some saying it would take both our firsts and a second next year. That seems a little exaggerated to me...
            It depends on how well Washington does down the stretch. I'd like them to tank the second half of the season and go 8-8. That would give us a pick between 13 and 17. In one example, Pick #16 and pick #30 would be equal in value to pick #6. In that scenario we would need both firsts to trade up.

Basically, just start rooting for whoever is playing the Redskins.
            “One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain” ~Thomas Sowell

2008 Draft: my grade --> A-

Comment

Wow four sacks?!! I'm anxious to take the time and break it all down. Maybe I'll bring back my old lengthy reports, because I have a few more I could do...

As for trading up, the market will dictate the value. Last year appeared like a buyers market, where people could have moved up for a relatively cheap price had they felt so moved to do so. With the depth of first round talent being a strength last season, nobody wanted to move up, but quite a few wanted to move down. The Washington trade was an odd case, because they bought in, which is always more expensive, plus they overpayed as is. The Jets, on the otherhand, took far less value to move out, which just demonstrates last draft's reluctance to stay put, since pick 25's talent was as good as pick 60's.

Right now, this draft looks fairly top heavy, but this can't be decided until post combine. I remember in 2003 it only took two first round picks to move up, it may be different next season. Anytime you have two firsts that a team can use right away, it is more appealing for rebuilding clubs. If both picks are in the twenties, I still wouldn't hesitate to give up both firsts, a third this year, and possibly one next year, since we are all expecting to receive extra picks. Assuming we get one extra pick for compensation and we make the deal at my terms, we still pick once in the first and second, and twice in the third this year, then next year we only have two first day picks, but retain the two highest ones. Considering the talent of Williams and Kiwanuka, this is a worthwhile trade off. A lot remains to be seen about their value and draft trends, but at this point, a combo of our two firsts and possibly later picks would be just fine to finally get our hands on such a talent. Don't you think so?

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                Wow four sacks?!! I'm anxious to take the time and break it all down. Maybe I'll bring back my old lengthy reports, because I have a few more I could do...

As for trading up, the market will dictate the value. Last year appeared like a buyers market, where people could have moved up for a relatively cheap price had they felt so moved to do so. With the depth of first round talent being a strength last season, nobody wanted to move up, but quite a few wanted to move down. The Washington trade was an odd case, because they bought in, which is always more expensive, plus they overpayed as is. The Jets, on the otherhand, took far less value to move out, which just demonstrates last draft's reluctance to stay put, since pick 25's talent was as good as pick 60's.

Right now, this draft looks fairly top heavy, but this can't be decided until post combine. I remember in 2003 it only took two first round picks to move up, it may be different next season. Anytime you have two firsts that a team can use right away, it is more appealing for rebuilding clubs. If both picks are in the twenties, I still wouldn't hesitate to give up both firsts, a third this year, and possibly one next year, since we are all expecting to receive extra picks. Assuming we get one extra pick for compensation and we make the deal at my terms, we still pick once in the first and second, and twice in the third this year, then next year we only have two first day picks, but retain the two highest ones. Considering the talent of Williams and Kiwanuka, this is a worthwhile trade off. A lot remains to be seen about their value and draft trends, but at this point, a combo of our two firsts and possibly later picks would be just fine to finally get our hands on such a talent. Don't you think so?
                The two firsts sound about right, but giving up an additional second seems a bit much. I'd be ok if we gave up our third, cuz we're gonna have a lot of compensation, probly like 3-4 draft picks...

Comment

Working...
                X