X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OhNoKoolAid
    replied
    Originally posted by MindField
    Why is UCLA QB Drew Olson not on anyone's radar?

I never hear him mentioned, ever, yet and all I see him do is pile up the passing yards, know that he comes from Karl Dorell's Pro-Style system, has the pre-requisite size at 6'3"-217 ( at least as listed), oh, and he wins.

Just wondering

Also, keep an eye on Maryland TE Vernon Davis. Holly smokes can this kid catch the ball.
    I don't get any UCLA games, so call it west coast bias if you will...

Davis is an absolute weapon. He will be an elite tight end this league, and I think he is more explosive than Marcedes Lewis. The one UCLA game I saw, against Oklahoma, Marcedes Lewis did not play to the speed he is claimed to have. He looked like a 4.7-4.8 guy to me. He's also rail thin and may not be able to make an immediate contribution, save for obvious passing situations.

Davis, meanwhile, is quite chisled and could contribute immediately. His hands are solid, and his speed looks closer to 4.5 than Lewis. Davis looks like more of an explosive playmaker, able to stretch the seam and flex out to receiver, like Gonzalez. Lewis' frame and recieving ability give him more upside as a well rounded player, and he too could be an elite tight end, but if you are looking for a real playmaker, I have to rate Davis ahead of him.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by MindField

I never hear him mentioned, ever, yet and all I see him do is pile up the passing yards, know that he comes from Karl Dorell's Pro-Style system, has the pre-requisite size at 6'3"-217 ( at least as listed), oh, and he wins.

Just wondering
    I'm pretty sure he's a junior.

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    The DE that I would love to have would be Mario Williams, but he'll be a top 10 pick, so throw that out. Mathias Kiwanuka COULD be avalible, but if he's not, there's really no value at pick 18 for Defensive Ends. Hence the reason why we could go on offense and draft the best WR avalible, and that would be Santonio Holmes (Ohio State), 5'10, 185lbs, can go across the middle, sub 4.4 speed, a gamebreaker, a playmaker, something that we don't have at wide receiver this season, and that could very well be holding us out of the Superbowl.

At pick 30, I would like to see an Offensive Tackle, Defense End, or Defensive Tackle taken here, doing some research, I picked Offensive Tackle, because once again, Defensive End doesn't have enough value to select the best one yet, although Tamba Hali has moved up the ranks since his incredible game last week. But that's potential, and I'd rather have proven players than potential players. But, as we have seen last year, Shanny does like taking risks on "potential". But if we weren't to get a Defensive End, I'd have to say we would go with Eric Winston IF he would fall to that pick.
    Last edited by ReleaseTheBeast7; 11-13-2005, 08:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    Oh...

Just wondering

Also, keep an eye on Maryland TE Vernon Davis. Holly smokes can this kid catch the ball.
    Last edited by MindField; 11-12-2005, 11:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    started a topic Broncos to pick at No. 18 and No. 30

Broncos to pick at No. 18 and No. 30

To me, the Washington Redskins seem like a 9-7, near-miss Playoff type team that should finish 9-7 and end up having their selection for the Broncos at No. 18...

I also believe the Broncos will end their season in the AFC Championship game with yet another game at Indianapolis (not that I am conceding the game, but simply for Draft speculation). That would put our second pick at No. 30...

There are a number of ways the Broncos could go with their Draft picks, obviously we need another D-lineman (maybe two), we could use another big-time wideout,
    it looks like it will be a great Draft for O-line depth and with Nalen getting up in years and Matt Lepsis perhaps playing out his contract in Denver, this area could demand a Draft pick to be spent there. I think we definitely need another Saftey, but so far I don't think the Safety class is that impressive, and there may be no true first-round calibur candidates (although I am curions about the Huff guy from Texas).

At No. 18, my sense is I would be looking for a pass rusher. Is Louisville's Elvis Dumervill talented enought to warrant a No. 18 selection? Is he in Dwight Freeney's class?? Well, I don't know about that, but Freeney was taken No. 12 in his Draft, so if Dumervill has the true talent, he could easily go in the Top Twenty.

I was very impressed with Florida St.'s DE, Kamerion Wimbley in the season opener VS Miami, when he gave Eric Winston all kindsa hell, and since Winston looked like a dominant player against Va Tech, was Winston that bad, or is Wimberly that good? Not sure as I have only the one game as a reference point for Wimbley, but I want to see more.

Some would argue that we need to go DT. I disagree. I think we have our mainstay DT, and that player is Gerard Warren. Warren really likes playing in Denver, loves his positon Coach, Andre Patterson, and has really forged a brother hood type bonding with Trevor Pryce, Courtney Brown, Michael Myers and Ebeneezer Ekuban. I also think Shanahan has proven he is willing to drop the money on D-linemen in the past, such as his contracts to Trevor Pryce and Darryl Gardener indicate. Warren will get paid, is in his prime, and has true respect for his teammates and Coaches in Denver. To put it simply, he's happy to be in Denver, has a chance to be on a Championship calibur team, and he's gonna get paid anyway. I say he stays and becomes the foundation of our D-line for the future.

I think an appearance in the AFC Championship game will have the Broncos basically treading water for another year, as they go into 2006 with players such as John Lynch, Trevor Pryce, Tom Nalen, Rod Smith and Mike Anderson at or near the end of their careers in 2006. Which means I think the Broncos will once again try to 'tweak' the team rather than overhaul it. Try to add some pieces that can help us get past the Colts, but make one more run with the core of players we have now.

At No. 30 a player like Florida's O-lineman Mike Degory could sneek in due to his talent and versatility.....of Texas Safety Michael Huff....

My Top Fifteen College Jr. and Sr. Players Right Now (in no particular order):

1) QB M Leinhart USC
    2) RB R Bush USC
    3) QB Brady Quinn Notre Dame (I think he will return to So. Bend, but if he comes out, he's a Top Ten pick)
    4) TE Mercedes Lewis UCLA
    5) OT Jonathan Scott Texas
    6) OT Marcus McNeill Auburn
    7) DE Mario Williams NC St
    8) DE Mathias Kiwanula BC
    9) OLB/DE Ahmad Brooks UVA (If healthy, come Combine time, this player will rocket up the charts).
    10) DT Roderique Wright Texas
    11) OLB AJ Hawk Ohio St
    12) CB Jimmy Williams Virginia Tech
    13) RB Lendale White USC (Damn, the Trojans are loaded)
    14) OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson UVA

and 15) K Mason Crosby Colorado.....just kidding here, but jeez, have you seen this kid boot it??

and,

Remember Colorado's Jeremy Bloom?

After he wins a couple of Gold Medals in the Winter Olympics, Bloom will be available for the Draft, is an incredible athlete, has great speed, and is also a return guy...absoluetly worth a sixth round pick, and hey, if he turns out to be the second-coming of Lance Alsworth, so much the better.
    Last edited by MindField; 11-12-2005, 11:25 PM.
Working...
X