U of Minnesota Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U of Minnesota Connection

Since the Gophers are known to use the sdame runnung/blocking scheme as the Broncos could our Draft include RB Laurence Maroney and OG Mark Stetterstrom with first day picks.

I have yet to see the Gophers play, so I will be checking out their Bowl game.

Any Big Tenners out there that have watched the progress of these players?

Is Malronye a legit first round talent?

Is Stetterstrom a Day One pick?

Thoughts already appreciated in advance.

Originally posted by MindField
    Since the Gophers are known to use the sdame runnung/blocking scheme as the Broncos could our Draft include RB Laurence Maroney and OG Mark Stetterstrom with first day picks.

I have yet to see the Gophers play, so I will be checking out their Bowl game.

Any Big Tenners out there that have watched the progress of these players?

Is Malronye a legit first round talent?

Is Stetterstrom a Day One pick?

Thoughts already appreciated in advance.
    Maroney is probably top 15, Eslinger is a early second rounder and Setterstrom is a third rounder. I have a feeling the Bronco's will grab Setterstrom, since Oline depth is needed and he is already familiar with the system.
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Eslinger will either be our 2nd first round pick, or our second round pick if we can move up there somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
        I expect Maroney will be gone long before we're on the clock.
        I don't. He could easily drop into the 20s. In my opinion, and most other people's, he's behind Bush, White, and Williams. In spite of all the publicity he's deservedly gotten, he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread. One thing that does bode well for him is Marion Barber's success, which probably helps eliminate the argument that it was more of the system than his own talent.

And we don't need Eslinger. We already have a Minnesota center who will take over for Tom Nalen and he has lots of proven experience. His name is Ben Hamilton. And honestly, I wouldn't be at all shocked if Chris Myers or P.J. Alexander is ready to start at left guard next year.
        A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
          I don't. He could easily drop into the 20s. In my opinion, and most other people's, he's behind Bush, White, and Williams. In spite of all the publicity he's deservedly gotten, he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread. One thing that does bode well for him is Marion Barber's success, which probably helps eliminate the argument that it was more of the system than his own talent.

And we don't need Eslinger. We already have a Minnesota center who will take over for Tom Nalen and he has lots of proven experience. His name is Ben Hamilton. And honestly, I wouldn't be at all shocked if Chris Myers or P.J. Alexander is ready to start at left guard next year.
          I have a feeling next year's oline will be...

LT -Foster
          LG -Myers
          C -Hamilton
          RG- Carlisle
          RT -Green

The back ups will be Alexander, maybe Pears and a draft pick.
          The three Keys to football
          1. Turnovers
          2. Field Position
          3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Working...
          X