Georgia D-Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia D-Line

I am looking forward to tonights Georgia VS West Virginia matchup, particularly for Georgia D-Linemen DE Quinton Moses (Jr.) and DT Gerald Anderson (Sr.).

Moses (#94) looked very good in the SEC Championship game VS LSU, and has been compared to Dallas DE/OLB DeMarcus Ware, so I will have my eye on him.

Anderson has been an enigma. Highly rated in the past, he has been injury prone, and in general considered an underachiver, but at 6'2"-325, he certainly has the size to be a force if he can pull it all together.

If you watch the game, post your thoughts.

Originally posted by MindField
    I am looking forward to tonights Georgia VS West Virginia matchup, particularly for Georgia D-Linemen DE Quinton Moses (Jr.) and DT Gerald Anderson (Sr.).

Moses (#94) looked very good in the SEC Championship game VS LSU, and has been compared to Dallas DE/OLB DeMarcus Ware, so I will have my eye on him.

Anderson has been an enigma. Highly rated in the past, he has been injury prone, and in general considered an underachiver, but at 6'2"-325, he certainly has the size to be a force if he can pull it all together.

If you watch the game, post your thoughts.
    Another player on that front that could be a better pro than collegian is Kedrick Golston, Anderson's middle mate. Golston has the tools to be a solid player, he just lacks the head sometimes, and the production. He's big and fairly mobile, so he's bound to get a shot.

Comment

Old boys didn't fair too well against the Mounties. For the first time in a long time i'm happy with our bowl game. And most of them are underclassmen too!

Comment

Agreed that whole D looked slow and overmatched. I was most disappointed with Greg Blue. I was hoping to get a good look and all I saw was him chasing the Mountaineers and seriously losing the race.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
          Agreed that whole D looked slow and overmatched. I was most disappointed with Greg Blue. I was hoping to get a good look and all I saw was him chasing the Mountaineers and seriously losing the race.
          I was really shocked to tell you the truth.

Specifically watching Blue, Moses and Golston none of the above showed me anything last night.

West Virginia looked very explosive and Georgia seemed to get exposed by it. I don't know if the long lay off took affect or what, but I was very disappointed.

The CB's Minter and Jennings sure didn't show me much either, the whole secondary was terrible in run support.

Comment

I was prepared to watch that game. I had a notepad with a different page for Blue, Moses, Anderson, and Golston. All that I managed to find out about them is that they were completely unprepared. I can't take what I saw last night seriously, and my opinions of them haven't changed because of the fact that it was a bowl game and they had a month off. They also seemed to have the mentality that they could easily beat West Virginia. So here are some very general opinions I have of these Georgia defenders:

Moses has played especially well this season, and I think very highly of him as a college player. Moses is just your basic thin pass rushing DE with an always-running motor and a decent speed rush. He's below average against the run. There's a lot of other players like him in the draft, and I hope we can draft at least one of them.

Golston has been very intriguing to me, and I like him as a prospect physically. Mentally, he's very inconsistent, but then again, so are many DTs. He merits mid-round consideration if he tests as well at the Combine as I think he will.

Blue is a player I liken to Kenoy Kennedy, and that's just not what the Broncos need right now. A free safety like Anthony Smith is the way to go, or at least Pat Watkins or Roman Harper.

Anderson is probably my fourth favorite NT prospect behind Ngata, Watson, and Oshinowo. There's a lot of untapped talent there, and he works harder than people give him credit for. However, he seems to be weaker than he looks. He could be a starter in the NFL, but it'll require some significant improvement at being able to take on multiple blockers and still managing to accomplish something. I think he'd be alright in a 3-4 defense, but in the 4-3, NT's just not an important commodity at the moment for the Broncos unless that NT's name is Haloti Ngata. Three-technique DTs and REs are much bigger priorities on the d-line.
            A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Ehhh

Originally posted by jletourneau
              I was really shocked to tell you the truth.

Specifically watching Blue, Moses and Golston none of the above showed me anything last night.

West Virginia looked very explosive and Georgia seemed to get exposed by it. I don't know if the long lay off took affect or what, but I was very disappointed.

The CB's Minter and Jennings sure didn't show me much either, the whole secondary was terrible in run support.

I just think it was one of those Bowl games that was an abberation.

Georgia's entire Defense looked a step slow, and a bit confused, which tells me they were not prepared, Coaching-wise, for what WV threw at them.

I put zero stock in that game, and will have to see more.

I did not see Gerald Anderson at all last night, however.

Comment

Well

Originally posted by myoung
                I look at this a bit differntly. I thought Blue actually played hard and was basically having to make a lot of plays when his teammates blew it (no pun intended )

I thought he played pretty well, all things considered, but I have to see more of him.

Speaking of Safties, I thought the Slay kid from Texas Tech looked real good yesterday. Kiper has him as a first round prospect at this time, and he may be right judging by what I saw against Alabama. He played well.

Comment

Blue's poor performance did not suprise me. The last few times I've seen him, he's made horrible angles and arrives late to plays too often. He looks like a raw athlete to me, far from the polished product Thomas Davis was.

By the way, I guess its time to keep Slaton on the draft radar for 2008. He looked like a 4.3 fourty type burner with decent size...

Comment

Working...
                  X