Here's an idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's an idea

Everyone was so frustrated over picking so many corners last year, but the Broncos finally got a couple worth keeping. Shoot, even Cox looks serviceable. I hate to say this, but the Broncos biggest need may be at O-line. Nalen will retire unexpectedly one day I'm afraid and what if Lepsis leaves? The Broncos might should toss the majority of their picks at both lines, going for offensive first. And, squash this reciever nonsense. None of these top guys are that good; not first rounders. Gotta get T.O. baby.

Originally posted by elway777
    Gotta get T.O. baby.

NO!!!!!!!!

PEACE!!!

Comment

You're right on about not blowing a first rounder on a receiver, but there's no way T.O. lands in Denver. The smart money is on Reggie Wayne, but it's too bad that we don't have much smart money to spend next year. Re-sign Adams and draft a WR or two in the latter rounds.

Comment

What do you mean no way T.O. lands in Denver. I personally would not like to see it but he fits our exact MO. We like to take risks on players with character issues. Sometimes it works out (Warren and D will) and sometimes it doesn't (Gardener and Carter).

I would be surprised if we are not on a list of 4-5 teams vying for his services. I would guess a third round pick gets T.O. this year from the Eagles. I still think the two most likely teams to get him will be us or the Cowboys.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
          What do you mean no way T.O. lands in Denver. I personally would not like to see it but he fits our exact MO. We like to take risks on players with character issues. Sometimes it works out (Warren and D will) and sometimes it doesn't (Gardener and Carter).

I would be surprised if we are not on a list of 4-5 teams vying for his services. I would guess a third round pick gets T.O. this year from the Eagles. I still think the two most likely teams to get him will be us or the Cowboys.
          A 3rd round pick? Please, the Eagles aren't stupid, they realize what a talent he is. If he's going to be traded not released, I bet it's gonna have to be a lot more than a 3rd rounder.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Here's an idea on the trade front:

My prediction for the the T.O. loser.. err... I mean winner right now is Miami.

So, how about we see a good ol' fashion straight up player for player deal.

Ricky Williams for Terrell Owens

That would be, from a non-football standpoint one of the most amusing trades in NFL history. One is bigger than the "team", the other doesn't always know the meaning of "team." And from a football standpoint it would give the Eagles a tag team in the backfield for Brian Westbrook. Interesting.

My prediction for T.O. landing spots is as follows:

1. Miami
            2. Dallas
            3. Tampa Bay
            4. Denver (though I do not care to have him)

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
              A 3rd round pick? Please, the Eagles aren't stupid, they realize what a talent he is. If he's going to be traded not released, I bet it's gonna have to be a lot more than a 3rd rounder.
              Chris Mortenson and john Clayton have both predicted (in the last two weeks) that it will not take more than a 3rd or 4th round pick to get T.O.

at this point his value is not as high as you think. As the draft gets closer if competition heats up this might go to the second round level like Corey Dillon did but I don't see any scenarios where T.O. garners a first round pick for the Eagles.

So I would definately take your bet on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
                Here's an idea on the trade front:

My prediction for the the T.O. loser.. err... I mean winner right now is Miami.

So, how about we see a good ol' fashion straight up player for player deal.

Ricky Williams for Terrell Owens

That would be, from a non-football standpoint one of the most amusing trades in NFL history. One is bigger than the "team", the other doesn't always know the meaning of "team." And from a football standpoint it would give the Eagles a tag team in the backfield for Brian Westbrook. Interesting.

My prediction for T.O. landing spots is as follows:

1. Miami
                2. Dallas
                3. Tampa Bay
                4. Denver (though I do not care to have him)
                that makes more sense then anything i have heard.. how woudl he fair with nick saban?...i think that might put the chiefs atleaty one or two wins better next season
                The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                While he sits by his hearth at home.
                Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                X