LenDale White or Reggie Bush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LenDale White or Reggie Bush?

Ok, somebody i talked to the other day actually told me something I haven't thought about. Is Reggie Bush NFL material? He is the same mold as Raghib Ismail and Desmond Howard....very explosive players coming out of college with the same hype as Reggie Bush is getting.

LenDale White is already sized for the NFL and has good enough speed to be in the same catagory as Eddie George or even Mike Anderson.

I want to take a very early poll and see what you guys think before April comes around. Let me hear your thoughts.
    Reggie Bush
    59.72%
    LenDale White
    40.28%

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

I like LenDale White A LOT, and I really believe he will be a better PRO than college player, but...

Reggie Bush is just a ridiculous talent. He will change the defenses game plan just by being on the field, even at the NFL level.

He just has too much speed and moves to go along with it not to succeed. The only thing I can see deterring great success for Bush is injuries at the next level. He hasn't had to take many hits at the college level, so that is my one question with Bush, his consistent LONG TERM durability.

BOTH should be fantastic talents in the NFL and have very successful pro bowl careers IMO.

Comment

They'll both be top 10 picks in all liklihood.

Comment

First your comparison to Howard and Ismail is very bad. not only because Bush has so much more talent (he cuts at full speed) but he plays a different position. If you want to compare him to a similar player in the NFL then Westbrook or maybe Marshall Faulk. Although I don't see him as a 30 hand offs a game guy. I think the team would be best to try and get him the ball 15-20 times a game in open space.

My prediction is that he takes the role Westbrook plays to the next level and becomes a very feared NFL player (especially when he gets the ball in space).

Comment

Well, wow.

They should both be productive NFL Players.

I think Bush may have a more immediate impact, but I think White is perfectly capable of having a very long, productive career.

It depends on who drafts them and how they use them.

White, being a more traditional backfield runner, statistically, is more likely to have a shorter career.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

I think Reggie will be the Micheal Vick of the feature
            White = Long term player

Comment

i like both of them but i think with bushes ability to razzle dazzle it sets him over the top..
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

White isn't even a great RB in college, he's overrated because all the teams try to shut down the great players on USC (Matt, Reggie, Jarrett, Byrd).

Comment

Bush, but this draft could look like last years with Cadillac WIlliams and Ronnie Brown both in the top 5 from Auburn.

Comment

Isnt Bush a little overrated??? Has the Hype gotten into his head??? He was fumbling and bumbling last night.

900 yards rushing 500 yards recieving + returns... He isnt even the workhorse for his own team, a "Tatum Bell" type role.

LenDale White is bigger and can probably be a better starter in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by SethGrandpa
                      White isn't even a great RB in college, he's overrated because all the teams try to shut down the great players on USC (Matt, Reggie, Jarrett, Byrd).

I am not sure what criteria you use to evaluate talent, but you simply cannot set a USC and Pac-10 record for rushing TD's and not be considered a great college RB.

White is the second best offensive threat on the team,behind Bush, but ahead of Leinart (yeah, I said it).
                      Last edited by Jared; 01-05-2006, 03:32 PM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by SethGrandpa

This is as uneducated as they come. I could see how you could argue that he may not translate well as a pro but did you notice how many touchdowns he scored this year. How does that not translate to a great college RB.

You could make the same argument that each of the other players are overated because they have others around them.

Comment

lendale gets after it they are two different style backs..they boh get the job done.. they are both gonna be productive in the NFL and greatly loved by the teams that pick them
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Reggie is too good and too versatile to be below Lendale.
                            sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

I like White because he can roll over people, and out run people. To me, he is the ultimate RB. If he enters the draft, I heard Mel Kiper say on PTI that he would be a mid 1st rd pick. If he is there when the Broncos pick, we defeniltly need to get him.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X