Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gm Game: Plans for FA and Draft (part 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

49ers

Peterson and Barlow interest me a bit, what are u looking for in return?

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
      i was wondering about just the opposite: if the real Broncos announce that they are resigning Leach and Engelberger BEFORE I say anything to the contrary then I assume I'm stuck with them? Also I similarly just lost Coleman?

nemoves like signins dont count but retirements do since that is the players choice.

also: try to keep the cap in mind tho we wont be exact.

sorry my typin messy i only got 1 arm cuz of surgery
      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Ne good olinemen up for trade?

how bout pitt. who they resignin?

I am lookin to:
        1. trade down from first pick
        2. trade davis or any receiver but johnson
        3. trade a dlinemen

any offers? i aint doin all these together but im sayin the all possibilities
        Bronco fan from Packer Land.
        Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
        Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

[QUOTE=DiehardinAlaska]i was wondering about just the opposite: if the real Broncos announce that they are resigning Leach and Engelberger BEFORE I say anything to the contrary then I assume I'm stuck with them? Also I similarly just lost Coleman?[/QUOT

I would Agree With that. So my take is we are free to do what we want with the current players but you have to announce your intentions before the real team does. So if guy in control of broncos says that the broncos resign Lepsis he is theres even if in real life he goes and signs a fat contract with the texans
          sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Jets

Well I need to keep at least one of my first two picks but I do have two 3rd rounders available. I would have to think about a first and a 3rd for both those or maybe a 2nd and two 3rds being that Law is getting a little long in the tooth & it is such a deep draft.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianElway
              Orton and a 3rd? PUUUHHHHLEASE! Orton is a good kid and may be a starter someday, but a #4 pick in a draft year like this?? Besides, There are lots of QBs in Free agency. Orton did well, but he is not the answer to our prayers...if an when we get rid of Chad, then we'll be looking for a franchise QB. No Go. My Top pick is pretty much staying in my hands unless someone offers me the moon.

It was worth a shot
              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

The Saints are shopping Aaron Brooks. Might make a good backup somewhere!

Comment

St Louis Rams

The rams will hear any offers for Isaac Bruce, looking for draft picks or some depth on the D-Line or CB

Comment

LIONS and JETS

im looking for picks for peterson and barlow a first round for peterson or a good NT, CB or OLB and for Barlow a 3rd or forth or a player at same positions
                    Please get Mario Williams!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have a question about free agency. What about restricted free agents? If the real team has one of their restricted FA that has an offer from another team, how do we approach that? Will we get the draft picks?

Comment

49ers

Well I was interested in in Peterson but a first round pick is just too much to give up for him. Since i pick in the top ten i would consider my 2nd for him but not the #9 pick overall. I want to say I remember him blowing out his knee or an achilles this last season too so he could be damaged goods.
                        sigpic

Comment

niners

Through a little research I see that it was two years ago that he blew a tire, but this season in 15 games he had 82 tackles, 3 sacks, no int's, 1 forced fumble & 1 fumble recovered. For playing on a team whose defense was on the field much more then the offense I would excpect a little more out of him. At best those are average stats for an outside linebacker.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Snakes are reportedly looking for Darth Vadar to fill the need at WR. While he is not that fast, his ability to get open using Force is amazing. He was open in every play in the Empire Bowl.
                            Last edited by Snk16; 02-18-2006, 03:28 PM.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                            2. Taxes
                            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

The Snakes will be taking players. You all will have to post 1 player that is off limits for each team.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                              2. Taxes
                              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Broncos update

According to inside sources the Broncos have resigned Sam Brandon, Tom Nalen, Matt Lepsis, Demetrin Veal and Gerard Warren. Theya re believed to have also restructured the contracts of Ebenezar Ekuban and Courtney Brown. Some discussions have occured with Trevor Pryce, Charlie Adams, and John Engelbarger but according to unnamed sources "our main focus right now is finding a mutually agreeable contract for Ron Dayne." Dayne is being told he will have every opportunity to win the starting job in training camp but that does not preclude the team from continuing to look for help in the running game. There have been rumours that Denver has made several visits to talk with backs slated in the mid rounds. Dayne's offer is believed to have a minimal impact on this year but will be back loaded with large bonuses that trigger in March 07 and 08.

Warren and Lepsis signed 6 year deals with signing bonuses. Ekuban's new deal can void at the end of this year if he reaches certain performance incentives and is for 1.25M while, Brown has a new 4 year deal terms not disclosed but thought to average 2M per but may be heavily backend loaded.

Meanwhile scouting department and coaching staffs are focusing heavily on this years D-linemen in the draft. According to one source" basically anyone who isn't Super Mario is on our agenda this month."

In other news: Seattle FA guard Steve Hutchinson met with Coach Shanahan and team officials for several hours on Saturday. He was later seen having dinner with Jake Plummer at the Tamayo restaurant in LoDo. According to sources Hutchinson was scheduled to fly out Sunday but has delayed his flight to Oakland to continue negotiations with Denver brass.
                                Last edited by DiehardinAlaska; 02-18-2006, 06:16 PM.
                                "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Working...
                                X