Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gm Game: Plans for FA and Draft (part 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
    According to inside sources the Broncos have resigned Sam Brandon, Tom Nalen, Matt Lepsis, Demetrin Veal and Gerard Warren. Theya re believed to have also restructured the contracts of Ebenezar Ekuban and Courtney Brown. Some discussions have occured with Trevor Pryce, Charlie Adams, and John Engelbarger but according to unnamed sources "our main focus right now is finding a mutually agreeable contract for Ron Dayne." Dayne is being told he will have every opportunity to win the starting job in training camp but that does not preclude the team from continuing to look for help in the running game. There have been rumours that Denver has made several visits to talk with backs slated in the mid rounds. Dayne's offer is believed to have a minimal impact on this year but will be back loaded with large bonuses that trigger in March 07 and 08.

Warren and Lepsis signed 6 year deals with signing bonuses. Ekuban's new deal can void at the end of this year if he reaches certain performance incentives and is for 1.25M while, Brown has a new 4 year deal terms not disclosed but thought to average 2M per but may be heavily backend loaded.

Meanwhile scouting department and coaching staffs are focusing heavily on this years D-linemen in the draft. According to one source" basically anyone who isn't Super Mario is on our agenda this month."

In other news: Seattle FA guard Steve Hutchinson met with Coach Shanahan and team officials for several hours on Saturday. He was later seen having dinner with Jake Plummer at the Tamayo restaurant in LoDo. According to sources Hutchinson was scheduled to fly out Sunday but has delayed his flight to Oakland to continue negotiations with Denver brass.
    Whoa dude, where did you get all that?

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
      Yeah, if that's the truth... Then I will be one happy dude.
      sigpic

Comment

If it's true, especially with Ebenezer and Brown in there, I don't think theres enough room to keep Putz or Pryce around, and you can forget about signing T.O.!

Comment

If it's true, especially with Ebenezer and Brown in there, I don't think theres enough room to keep Putz or Pryce around, and you can forget about signing T.O.!

It's the truth, I read something about all that in the Rocky Mountain News
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
            According to inside sources the Broncos have resigned Sam Brandon, Tom Nalen, Matt Lepsis, Demetrin Veal and Gerard Warren. Theya re believed to have also restructured the contracts of Ebenezar Ekuban and Courtney Brown. Some discussions have occured with Trevor Pryce, Charlie Adams, and John Engelbarger but according to unnamed sources "our main focus right now is finding a mutually agreeable contract for Ron Dayne." Dayne is being told he will have every opportunity to win the starting job in training camp but that does not preclude the team from continuing to look for help in the running game. There have been rumours that Denver has made several visits to talk with backs slated in the mid rounds. Dayne's offer is believed to have a minimal impact on this year but will be back loaded with large bonuses that trigger in March 07 and 08.

Warren and Lepsis signed 6 year deals with signing bonuses. Ekuban's new deal can void at the end of this year if he reaches certain performance incentives and is for 1.25M while, Brown has a new 4 year deal terms not disclosed but thought to average 2M per but may be heavily backend loaded.

Meanwhile scouting department and coaching staffs are focusing heavily on this years D-linemen in the draft. According to one source" basically anyone who isn't Super Mario is on our agenda this month."

In other news: Seattle FA guard Steve Hutchinson met with Coach Shanahan and team officials for several hours on Saturday. He was later seen having dinner with Jake Plummer at the Tamayo restaurant in LoDo. According to sources Hutchinson was scheduled to fly out Sunday but has delayed his flight to Oakland to continue negotiations with Denver brass.
            While some of this is true. I believe he is just using this as a way to tell all the participants in this mock off season what his intentions are for this little game we are playing. Not all of this is real. The bottom line is Shannahan cannot meet with any free agents till after the free agent period begins on march 3rd or the broncos will prolly be forfiting draft picks for tampering. They arn't even allowed to talk about them without the other teams permission. That right there should tell you that this is not real life but rather this little mock off season program we have going.
            sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

It's a go on both picks

I think we are a little to wild with the money and cap room cause every year we have to hear about restructures cause were over the next season's salary cap.

OK, back to the game.

Tatum26Bell, if you still want T.J. I will send him your way for the second and fourth round picks. I like it and thanks.

Still waiting on MoFo on the DT trade??????

Everyone name the DT's you have up for grabs and maybe we can make a deal.

I still have Rudi Johnson and pretty much any of my DB's except for
              Deltha O'Neal, and Ratliff.

Comment

Oh good point what day is it?

Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24
                While some of this is true. I believe he is just using this as a way to tell all the participants in this mock off season what his intentions are for this little game we are playing. Not all of this is real. The bottom line is Shannahan cannot meet with any free agents till after the free agent period begins on march 3rd or the broncos will prolly be forfiting draft picks for tampering. They arn't even allowed to talk about them without the other teams permission. That right there should tell you that this is not real life but rather this little mock off season program we have going.

If this is in real time I need to edit out that Hutchinson part. And I need to finish dealing with or cutting Pryce (huge cap problem (by the way in real life it sounds like the DPost thinks we're keeping everyone on the d-line. SO Brown and Pryce must really be restructuring. The only hint at a problem is Lepsis.) And also in the game I don't think I can technically sign Dayne until March 3.
                "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
                  I think we are a little to wild with the money and cap room cause every year we have to hear about restructures cause were over the next season's salary cap.

OK, back to the game.

Tatum26Bell, if you still want T.J. I will send him your way for the second and fourth round picks. I like it and thanks.

Still waiting on MoFo on the DT trade??????

Everyone name the DT's you have up for grabs and maybe we can make a deal.

I still have Rudi Johnson and pretty much any of my DB's except for
                  Deltha O'Neal, and Ratliff.
                  Is that a 2nd from me, and a 4th from you, and TJ houshmandzadah?
                  Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24

No, it's not from the game I don't think. I read this in the Rocky Mountain news.

We're not allowed to meet with free agents from other teams before March 3. We can meet with our own before that, we just can't "officially" sign them.
                    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Right

Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
                      No, it's not from the game I don't think. I read this in the Rocky Mountain news.

We're not allowed to meet with free agents from other teams before March 3. We can meet with our own before that, we just can't "officially" sign them.

If you read my post again you will see that some of this stuff is true like the re signing of brandon and nalen. We are also continuing discussions with dayne though he cant be signed till march 3rd, we are still trying to get lepsis back in. We also are going to try to redo the whole defensive lines contracts

But the stuff he is saying are what his intentions are to do with the broncos for our off season game even though they are much like what the broncos are trying to do. We have not redone browns deal or warrens or even pryces those are obviouysly thing the broncos need to do in reel life to create cap space and help keep the core intact. There is no way Huthinson will ever meet with the broncos because Seattle will use the franchise tag on him before he becomes a free agent in real life
                      sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
                        Ne good olinemen up for trade?

how bout pitt. who they resignin?

I am lookin to:
                        1. trade down from first pick
                        2. trade davis or any receiver but johnson
                        3. trade a dlinemen

any offers? i aint doin all these together but im sayin the all possibilities

Titans offer First 3rd overall and third rounder .

Comment

my madden game

No seriously, I just thought doing it in press release format would be interesting. Oh and to brag on that restaurant. Favorite place I ate the last ime I was in town. If you live there you owe it to yourslef to check it out. Also try the Cuban joint just around the block. Very good too. VERY good drinks at the cuban joint.
                          Last edited by DiehardinAlaska; 02-20-2006, 01:19 AM.
                          "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

VIKINGS - Free Agents

Re - sign

Nate Burleson
                            Koren Robinson
                            Sam Cowart
                            Corey Chavous
                            Paul Edinger

Release

Keith Newman

Seek trade for

Michael Bennett for a 3rd rd pick

Comment

Browns Team Needs
                              1- Nose Tackle
                              2 - Inside Linebacker
                              3 - Outside Linebacker
                              4 - Left Tackle
                              5 - Punter

Browns Free Agents

Resign

Orpheus Roye
                              Mike Pucillo
                              L.J. Shelton

Cut

Antonio Bryant
                              Ray Mickens
                              John Owens (Never heard of him)
                              Kyle Richardson
                              Orlando Ruff
                              Aaron Shea
                              Ben Taylor
                              Kenard Lang

Seek Trade for:
                              William Green for 4th-5th rounder
                              Last edited by Dawgfan; 02-20-2006, 02:10 PM.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Yo 9ers

elwayfan805,

If the result of the coin flip for you is 7th, would you be willing to trade for my (Denver's) 2 1st rounders? If it's 6th what would you take? If 7th I can only do it as long as the Raiders take Hawk as projected. And no one else does some wild trade and jumps up. The guy I want is usually projected 8-12.

Comment

Working...
                                X