Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gm Game: Plans for FA and Draft (part 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska
    elwayfan805,

If the result of the coin flip for you is 7th, would you be willing to trade for my (Denver's) 2 1st rounders? If it's 6th what would you take? If 7th I can only do it as long as the Raiders take Hawk as projected. And no one else does some wild trade and jumps up. The guy I want is usually projected 8-12.
    if i get the 6th im not trading so i dont know lets wait until after the coin toss to see
    Please get Mario Williams!!!!!!!!

Comment

Tatum26Bell

I thought you were offering 2 picks for T.J., what are you specifically offering for T.J Houshmandzadah, cause I think he is a solid receiver who can help a weak passing offense, just let me know your intentions.

Any DT's out there???????

Except from cleveland, (I don't think highly of Roye). I'll look at DE's as well and we can make a deal.

Comment

Hey Commissioner...

Can we talk back channel or do we have to do it all in this thread?
        "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB
          Tatum26Bell

I thought you were offering 2 picks for T.J., what are you specifically offering for T.J Houshmandzadah, cause I think he is a solid receiver who can help a weak passing offense, just let me know your intentions.

Any DT's out there???????

Except from cleveland, (I don't think highly of Roye). I'll look at DE's as well and we can make a deal.

Well I thought it was TJ and a 4th from you, for my second.....but I guess I can accept TJ and a seventh for my second rounder........deal?
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

T.J. for your 2nd and 7th ...................Deal.

Now anyone want to deal for a DT or a DE??????

Give it a shot and through something my way.

Comment

T.J. for your 2nd and 7th ...................Deal.

Now anyone want to deal for a DT or a DE??????

Give it a shot and through something my way.

Alright, done deal
              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I think we are a little to wild with the money and cap room cause every year we have to hear about restructures cause were over the next season's salary cap.

OK, back to the game.

Tatum26Bell, if you still want T.J. I will send him your way for the second and fourth round picks. I like it and thanks.

Still waiting on MoFo on the DT trade??????

Everyone name the DT's you have up for grabs and maybe we can make a deal.

I still have Rudi Johnson and pretty much any of my DB's except for
                Deltha O'Neal, and Ratliff.
                Name the dt n i will consider it TU
                Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Tatum26Bell
                  Nobody is taking Roye - I resigned him

Anywho he is a DE. Fisk is a DT.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

ok ok ok...been outta commish...lost my internet place for a week to remodeling. Also had a vicious flu that layed me up prior to the place closing for a week...hence the absence. I see it has dried up....perhaps the CBA is confusing things a bit?? i say we ignore it and go on a projected cap #...just a thought....hope ur arm feels better JoRo
                    Last edited by CanadianElway; 02-27-2006, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Jets

The Jets...do NOT release anyone yet... they do however renegotiate Martin's contract. The Jets (forgive me here, as i would have liked to post this about 2 weeks ago) are entertaining offers for O-linemen. Fabini, Mawae, etc. hit me up, looking for 1st day picks.

Lions- I am offering Abraham and Law for ur 1st and 3rd rders...which u had mentioned previously. Please respond ASAP as my inet place is back!

49ers- interest in Eric Johnson, please make an offer or set an asking price.

Texans- Like ur 3rd rders a lot, Offer away if any of my players interest you.

ON THE BLOCK- Jolley, Fabini, Mawae, Mcaierns (sp), Barrett, Law, Abraham.

I hope we can get this thread going again. If the CBA is slowing everyone, i suggest we push back our FA date to the 10th or 17th....(Since we have no clue how this is going to play out) or set a cap at 95 Million (projected to be close) and proceed. Hope ur all well.

Comment

Jets

The lions are going to hang on to the #9 pick in the draft because they look to be able to get a really good player at this spot. We are however still interested in Mr. Abraham and would be willing to part ways with our 2nd &3rd rounders for him.
                        sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Lions

begrudgingly the Jets accept ur offer of a 2nd and 3rd pick. Mostly for salary cap reasons. John Abraham is now a Lion. Good doing business with u. My feeling is that the flu cost me a 1st rounder, since i think we were close to a deal for Abraham and Law weeks ago before i got taken out. Damn, after that combine i was drooling over it too. I was gonna man up huge on D. Oh well. I can adress needs in the 2nd Rd, and given the depth of this draft, i think this is the start of a turnaround in NYC. Hopefully others start to play again. Maybe start up a new thread or something or get JoRo back to run it. Maybe FA will help it pick up. Anyways, cheers doing business with ya. Oh and NICE sig! Can't see it on my phone, but i can now!!! SWEEEEET!

Comment

JETS news

(Reuters/AP) New York- The new era of Jonathan Vilma is being ushered in today. The newly named captain of the D was all smiles as he shook hands with all of the Defensive coaches and the new GM. He was also the first to sign the Jets new "Wall of Honor", under the family photo of Chad Pennington, who today inked a reduced cap number contract, although terms were not released. Each player posts a picture of their families on the large green and white wall, and individual players sign under a fellow teamate's family. "Their responsibility is to the team and to their teamates, and to the larger Jets family." Said the new GM. "If you think about it, every time they take a play off, or act the fool on the sidelines, or test positive, or get arrested, they are taking food out of those people's mouths." The new GM elaborated further, saying "Try looking into the eyes of another player's father, or kids, or wife after you disgrace what it means to be a Jet with that man as your teammate... it's a lot to face up to. Not just the lockerroom, but a whole community of people who are Jets have pride in what you do and expect you to have that same pride...I can guarantee no one will be out of character this year and everyone will be 100% comitted." Before every practice and game Jets players will sign the individual picture posted in their locker and include a message for the family of that player. "We will inspire pride in being a Jet."

In other news the Jets reluctantly released Probowl corner Ty Law and QB Jay Fiedler. "Purely salary cap related" said the GM. "We would love to have both back in a Jet uniform, provided we can afford them under the new cap, whatever it may be." He further praised Law and hinted that Law expressed a willingness to return for a little less money as he appreciates the new direction of the team.

Comment

Jets

The lions & jets trade is official then now the lions have no 2nd rounder and have just S.F. 3rd rounder & 6th rounder and picks in all the other rounds. the lions have agreed to a 6 year deal with abraham the is contingent on the cba getting done here by sundays deadline. If no cba then the lions and Mr. Abraham will have to sit dwn and talk about a 4 year deal. The Lions was also recently informed by the nfl that they have an xtra 12 million in cap room due to clauses not reached in Shaun Rogers contracts. Here is a link for the rogers details.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9264898
                              sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Anyone still playing besides me and Champ?

I'd like to entertain offers for the 4th overall pick, so if anyone has some serious interest, hit me up with an offer. It won' be cheap though. Looking for picks picks picks! As for my deal with the Lions, it hurt, but an unhappy Mr Abraham doesn't benefit the new atmosphere we are planning in NYC. The team first concept will really unite this team.

SF- still interested in Johnson, also in your 1st pick. let me know what it would take.

TX- Interested in your 2nd and 3rd rounders. I have O-linemen for sale.

If there are any players anyone is interested in let me know and we can hash something out

As for more Jets News...with the contracts of John Abraham and Ty Law off the books and the restructuring of Martin and Pennington's deals, and the release of Jay Fiedler, the Jets are now under the cap. (I'm not doing the math or anything yet since the CBA is still screwed up, but we're close.)

In Free Agency, the Jets plan to look for a DT or DE and some secondary help as well, and of course a solid backup for Pennington, Maddox might be a cheap option for us.

The draft is looking good for us, with 5 first day picks. 1st Rd- #4 2nd Rd-#4 #9 3rd Rd #4 #9.

We also have 2 4th Rders....we should actually have #4 and #20 in the first Rd since Edwards leaving should have gotten us WAAAAAYYYY more from the Chiefs...but as per usual the Jets blanked the dog on that one...good thing i am at the helm now!
                                J-E-T-S baby!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X