Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gm Game: Plans for FA and Draft (part 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am, I already dumped all the players I needed to get rid of and am now waiting free agency and the draft.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Jets

im not intrested in trading Johnson or my first round pick im set on my team for now but i might be intrested depending on how free agency goes
      Please get Mario Williams!!!!!!!!

Comment

Gonna cut a few more players: Here's what I already announced

- Browns Free Agents

Resign

Orpheus Roye
        Mike Pucillo
        L.J. Shelton

Cut

Antonio Bryant
        Ray Mickens
        John Owens (Never heard of him)
        Kyle Richardson
        Orlando Ruff
        Aaron Shea
        Ben Taylor
        Kenard Lang

Seek Trade for:
        William Green for 4th-5th rounder

-

On top of that I will cut Michael Lehan and Jason Fisk.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Sweet!

Glad to see people are still playing. I guess i didn't realize y'all had done all your wheeling and dealing. Course, both ur ships are in better shape than mine...no constant bailing of water for you. However, i think i got it under control now. Just trying to feel out some offers, see if any interest abounds. Thanks for replying though, so i know ur pretty much set until FA starts up (SF- what about Beasley?)

For everyone else:
          I have o-line still on the table. Kendall, Mawae, Fabini, Jones. looking for picks. Anyone looking for veteran help on the O-line, send me a message and maybe we can work something out.

My Cuts:
          Fiedler
          Gardner
          Williams Jr

Signed:
          Abraham (Franchised) (Traded to Lions)

Unsigned UFA:
          Law (11million roster bonus....no thank you)

Restructured contracts:
          Pennington (3million)
          Martin (3million)

Draft picks: (day 1)
          4th
          35th
          40th
          71st
          74th

(Day 2)
          2 4th Rders
          5th Rder
          6th Rder
          7th Rder

Trade possibilities

Picks- 4th overall, asking for a plethora of picks in return, must include a 1st Rder amongst the picks coming in return for the 4th.

Picks- both 2nd Rders and the Chiefs 4th Rder for a 1st Rder (keep in mind my 2nd Rders are early)

Denver- any chance of DJ being traded?

Chargers- What are u doing with Brees? (i can't remember if u franchised him)

Rest of the league- Any D players up for grabs? let me know as i am looking at my Dfense first.

Cheers. Glad to know we're all still here.

MoFo JoRo.... how will FA work...10 days to beat an offer?

Comment

4-3/3-4

Anyone know of a good site that will teach me more about the benefits of the 3-4 over the 4-3 and viceversa?? I know very little about the 3-4 as i usually go 4-3/cover2 in madden and 4-4 (to stop the option) in Ncaa football. Which is incidentally how i learn a lot, since the differences between Canadian and American football are vast, and i spend most of my time watching hockey (not that i don't love watching the broncos games but their games aren't often on...i get Jet games and Giant games....ughhhh) and Now that i am in Japan, it's hard to find football info at all. A little help to deepen my understanding of the 3-4 would be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyone is good as FA approaches. We'll need some rules or something though i think before we start bidding...maybe MoFo JoRo can clarify what happens with the FA...although he may be out of comission with that arm surgery.

Comment

Jets

The NY Jets are now under the cap... Projected to be over, but planning to rework the deals of several key veterans on Dfense. (Keep in mind that Abraham is gone for me, so -8M from that projection)

Sean Ellis is currently in negotiations with the team, as is DeWayne Robertson....
              the Jets are looking to slash both players current Cap #'s in half. Also L. Coles is expected to restructure his contract to help the Jets free up space to go after a key FA or two. Looking at resigning James Reed (NT)

For More Info:

http://www.jetscap.com/

In FA the Jets are looking for some D-Line and Secondary help.

Possible FA targets include:
              Ty Law
              Isaac Bruce
              Ryan Pickett
              Damione Lewis

(Please let me know if there is a RAMS guy, whether or not YOU have released said players)

J-E-T-S

Can u tell i FINALLYhave my inet cafe back???

Comment

The Bears are looking to sign Antwan Randel El....
                Administrator

sigpic

Comment

J-e-t-s

New York- (Reuters/AP) The New York Jets, once beseiged by cap problems, suddenly find themselves with a glut of possibilities and cash. The Jets seem to be looking to the Defensive side of the ball first, as LaVar Arrington was seen at JFK being greeted by Jets coaches and the new GM. While the Jets defense is not a perfect fit for a player of Arrington's abilities, it is thought that the Jets would like to switch to the 3-4 if they can acquire the right personnel. Several hours later former Ravens DT Maake Komoeatu was seen at La Guardia getting into a Limo with the new GM. Things in New York are looking up.

Comment

Jets offer to DT Maake Kemoeatu

The Jets have made an offer of 22 million for 5 years to Maake Kemoeatu, with 7 million of it guranteed. Kemoeatu is considering the offer.

The Jets have also begun talks with Will Witherspoon and Charles Woodson. LaVar Arrington has been talking with the Jets, but no formal offer has been made yet.

Comment

• Well, since no one responded with their own signings, i guess that's not how we're doing this...i guess we'll only do the draft? Maybe.

Well, my plans would have been to sign Kemoeatu, and potentially sign Witherspoon or Arrington, depending on a price tag. Larry Allen might have been a possibility. Anyways, if anyone wants to do the draft still, we should come up with a way to work it. any ideas? I would suggest a 2 day on-the-clock process, about 2 weeks before the draft, as we have all the teams in the top 6....the top 6 picks can be made predraft, and the rest post draft (since there are teams that aren't being used...later picks made after the draft would replace the actual pick made by said team....just an idea to actually do the draft in a realistic way. Anyways, if anyone still wants to play, speak now or forever hold ur peace.

Comment

• I'm interested. I'm just a little confused on what's going to happen.

Is it like a draft with polls, or r there people representing teams that choose based on that teams needs?
                        "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Wwjed

We all picked teams way back, and had to resign, release...and (maybe sign free agents). We have done different stuff with out picks and players, but essentially, each person who controls a team would draft for that team. I think the whole thing kinda fell apart as there were no bidding wars and no one responded after FA started. we have about 10 people playing, if any remain. Hopefully people will be jumping back in close to the draft.

My plans would have been to sign Kemoeatu...and not blow up the Jet O-line, with Mawae, Kendall, Fabini, all back. Experience to block for Curtis Martin. I have yet to address QB, but am leaning towards a 2 year deal for Maddox after the draft.

I traded Abraham for the lions 2nd and 3rd picks. So i have picks 4, 35, 40, 71, 74 on the first day. Plans are to build a sick D and let the offense be the make or break part of the team...i think with Curtis...as long as we get a breather back, we should be able to stay in most games.

I'm sure if u wanted to have a team to pick for in the draft no one would have a problem. My memory tells me these teams are already taken:

Denver
                          Cleveland
                          NYJETS
                          Texans
                          Saints
                          Titans
                          Packers
                          Bears
                          49ers
                          Chargers
                          Arizona
                          St.Louis
                          Detroit

Comment

• Jets Draft

Hey guys, i know this thread kinda died but i decided to post my draft as i did it last night (13 hr time difference)...i was a bit tanked, but i think my picks were pretty solid. Sticking to my original draft plan i went D first HARD. (at the time i also made a drunk spur of the moment one, which just relied on pure gut instinct and little consideration of my draft rankings. I will post both versions. Original draft plan in bold.

4- The New York Jets select..... from Ohio State University... A.J. Hawk OLB
                            35- The New York Jets select.... from UTEP....Thomas Howard OLB
                            40- The New York Jets select....from USC...LenDale White RB
                            71- The New York Jets select...from Georgia...Leonard Pope TE
                            74- The New York Jets select...from Georgia....Max Jean-Giles G
                            97- The New York Jets select...from UCF....Brandon Marshall WR
                            103- ?
                            106-?

The drunken (no board) one
                            4- Matt Leinart QB
                            35- Winston Justice OT
                            40- LenDale White RB
                            71- Leonard Pope TE
                            74- Max Jean-Giles OG
                            97-Brandon Marshall WR

In the first scenario i stick to my gameplan and pass on a franchise QB to make my LB corps one of the league's best. Howard will play SS, (walked on as a SS) rather then LB and can really lay the lumber...his 40 speed is 4.38. I like his matchup against fast TEs. Hawk will be sick. With Vilma and Hawk roaming the field teams will not gain much extra yardage in the areas they patrol. Given my earlier signing of Kemoeatu (and if i hadn't done that i'd be drafting gabe watson coming up) the defense would be looking good. I had Cromartie/Carpenter/Lawson and Howard really high and only howard was left by 35....and just barely. I like my talent though and can see a smooth transition form veteran team to young team in the next 2 years as i let my veterans leave or they retire.

In the second, my day of soccer and beer took over and i thought all offense. Leinart gets teamates with 35 and 40, and WILL be protected as my next 2 picks would both be OL to replace Mawae and Fabini and Kendall soon (i still have those 3 as i signed them in FA). didn't expect leinart to be there at all, but i think my 1st scenario is better for the team given the $ invested in Pennington. Let me know what you think of my day 1 draft, and if u feel like it post urs for ur adopted team (after the fact makes it a bit easier) for ur team. Might be interesting and help u kill time between picks. Cheers all.

Comment

• Jets draft

Here's what i would've done as Jets GM (scribbled my picks in a notebook live as i checked the draft on my cell phone...as hard as it sounds!):

4- The New York Jets select..... from Ohio State University... A.J. Hawk OLB
                              35- The New York Jets select.... from UTEP....Thomas Howard OLB
                              40- The New York Jets select....from USC...LenDale White RB
                              71- The New York Jets select...from Georgia...Leonard Pope TE
                              74- The New York Jets select...from Georgia....Max Jean-Giles G
                              97- The New York Jets select...from UCF....Brandon Marshall WR
                              103- The New York Jets select...from U of South Carolina...Ko Simpson S
                              117- The New York Jets select...from Penn State University...Alan Zemaitis CB
                              138- The New York Jets select...from U of Alabama....Mark Anderson DE
                              173- The New York Jets select...from Stanford University...Babatunde Oshinowo DT
                              211- The New York Jets select...from Georgia....D.J. Shockley QB

UDFA signings (targets)- DonTrell Moore RB, Mike Bell RB, Marcus Vick QB

Tomorrow i will post my thoughts and reasons behind my picks. (inet place is closing) Comments?

Comment

Working...
                              X