Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combine?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Combine?

    Anyone watching the Combine on the 28th, NFL Network is going to show it. I cann't wait to see some of these guys perform.
    Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

    Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith



  • #2
    eh probably not. I'll just end up reading the reviews. I have no idea why Vince doesnt want to throw
    Glen Haven Fire

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by armedequation
      eh probably not. I'll just end up reading the reviews. I have no idea why Vince doesnt want to throw
      I think people may be looking to put him at a different position, maybe tight end or something. It's a possibility, see Matt Jones from Arkansas.

      Vince is big, tough, physical, and his passing skills aren't off the chart. I think he might be realising that his performance from the NCAA won't translate to the NFL, and he may be going for another position.

      Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by The|Snake#16
        I think people may be looking to put him at a different position, maybe tight end or something. It's a possibility, see Matt Jones from Arkansas.

        Vince is big, tough, physical, and his passing skills aren't off the chart. I think he might be realising that his performance from the NCAA won't translate to the NFL, and he may be going for another position.

        true but I'm hearing alot of pessimism about him not planning on throwing
        Glen Haven Fire

        Comment


        • #5
          He's waiting for individual workouts, i'm guessing.

          Comment


          • #6
            vince young

            where did you hear people wanted to put vince young at another position?? he wouldn't be a top three pick if a team wanted to convert him. he's most likely not throwing at the combine becuase he can't help himself by throwing. his stock is as high as it will ever be after the rose bowl, and that's what he wants teams to remember. he'll throw at individual workouts, but at the combine he just wants to impress people with his 40 time and athleticism.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think Vince has potential to be a great QB, but anyone who thinks he is gonna be an effective starter next year is crazy.
              I think a smart coach would try him out at receiver, where he could make a significant impact his rookie year, also getting time on the field and a strong familiarity with the playbook.
              Has that thought crossed anyone elses mind?

              Comment


              • #8
                I am going to watch the combine because i think we need a good wr and i want to see who is the best canadite

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
                  I think Vince has potential to be a great QB, but anyone who thinks he is gonna be an effective starter next year is crazy.
                  I think a smart coach would try him out at receiver, where he could make a significant impact his rookie year, also getting time on the field and a strong familiarity with the playbook.
                  Has that thought crossed anyone elses mind?
                  Like SPK said... he is not going top 3 to play anything but QB... there are other players to pick if you need a WR. Matt Jones is the exception not the rule, players like him are uber-rare, and I guarantee you he will not be seeing time as a wideout.

                  Just what you need on a mobile, top 3 QB.... lines up at wideout, goes up for the ball, gets taken out, knee is done, and so is your fuure QB.... not a good move.


                  [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                    Like SPK said... he is not going top 3 to play anything but QB... there are other players to pick if you need a WR. Matt Jones is the exception not the rule, players like him are uber-rare, and I guarantee you he will not be seeing time as a wideout.

                    Just what you need on a mobile, top 3 QB.... lines up at wideout, goes up for the ball, gets taken out, knee is done, and so is your fuure QB.... not a good move.
                    I completely disagree, Vince despite never lining up at wideout in his life is probably the best WR prospect in the draft, his size and speed are very comprable to Matt Jones, but he has more intangibles and is a bit better QB prospect.
                    I don't think the Titans will play him at wideout but it wouldn't be a bad option, I think it might even help him.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Matt jones hasn't changed anything. At least not in the case of Vince Young, at his worst Vince is 10 times the QB Jones was, I lived in Arkansas for five years so I had the pleasure/displeasure of watching him play a few games... his arm is pathetic, it's no wonder he tried out as a WR.

                      Eric Crouch - Another pathetic arm. tries to play safety, makes perfect sense.

                      Vince Young can actually toss the pigskin, moving him is counterproductive.


                      [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am not saying move him there permanantly, I am not even saying make him your #1 or #2 receiver, I am saying when you draft someone that high with that kind of athletic ability it is almost a waste to let him sit on the bench for 2-3 years and "develop".
                        I don't think playing him at wideout would hinder his development, in fact it might help. It is good to get a feel for the live action of the game and the speed.
                        Not only this he would probably help the team as well.
                        I am only throwing this out as an idea because his talents and abilities are too good to waste away as a backup QB, and sometimes I think waiting/developing for too long could actually almost end up being counter productive a la Phillip Rivers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
                          I am not saying move him there permanantly, I am not even saying make him your #1 or #2 receiver, I am saying when you draft someone that high with that kind of athletic ability it is almost a waste to let him sit on the bench for 2-3 years and "develop".
                          I don't think playing him at wideout would hinder his development, in fact it might help. It is good to get a feel for the live action of the game and the speed.
                          Not only this he would probably help the team as well.
                          I am only throwing this out as an idea because his talents and abilities are too good to waste away as a backup QB, and sometimes I think waiting/developing for too long could actually almost end up being counter productive a la Phillip Rivers.
                          I definitely see what you're saying... I am against sitting players too, I think if you are gonna draft a potential franchise player you get him in there ASAP.

                          I just don't think you risk changing his position, even for a little while, I think you have him practice what he needs to (throwing the ball and managing an offense) not filling his head with ideas from another position.


                          [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X