Number 1 picks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 1 picks?

Do we use both picks where they r or do we try 2 trade up?Trading up does not really mean we r going 2 get a better player!Terrel Davis came out of round 6!
    Do not break the rules just see how far you can bend them!

Originally posted by bronco taffy
    Do we use both picks where they r or do we try 2 trade up?Trading up does not really mean we r going 2 get a better player!Terrel Davis came out of round 6!
    I think with the needs we have you keep... Two first round D-Linemen an End and a Tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by lancane
      I think with the needs we have you keep... Two first round D-Linemen an End and a Tackle.
      I agree that we keep both, good draft this year, but if we dont get TO i think we will also go for a wr in the draft 1st round

Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member 1

Comment

R we likely 2 get a couple of good WR in the later rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Fl_playa101
          I agree that we keep both, good draft this year, but if we dont get TO i think we will also go for a wr in the draft 1st round
          But the receiver class this year will only have a hand full if that going in the first round. I think Denver should look at a big possession type receiver maybe Hymes from Baltimore or in the draft at Maurice Stovall from Notre Dame or Jonathan Orr from Wisconsin... But I hope they do draft with our last pick Jovon Bouknight the receiver from Wyoming (He is a lot like Smith - a well rounded receiver)

Comment

Wish i had that type of info on college football.Being from WALES I get next 2 nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by bronco taffy
              Wish i had that type of info on college football.Being from WALES I get next 2 nothing!
              Being in the USA you get as much misinformation as information. So it is still difficult to get a handle on which of two players is better. The Broncos must be using different information than the rest of the universe. No one ever knows what they will do when their draft slot is called.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
                Being in the USA you get as much misinformation as information. So it is still difficult to get a handle on which of two players is better. The Broncos must be using different information than the rest of the universe. No one ever knows what they will do when their draft slot is called.
                I agree, they have their own orbit haha

Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member 1

Comment

We need to use both of them, you can fill graet needs with two first rounders.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                  2. Taxes
                  3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Darryl Tapp!!!!!!!!
                    GO BRONCOS, SPURS, CUBS, PANTHERS, CRUSH!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    thnx LynchBailey 2447

Comment

Trade up to draft DeAngelo Williams at RB that would change the Defensive by keeping them off the field

Strengths:
                      A natural and instinctive runner...Shows tremendous patience...Is built extremely well and is very strong for his size with a compact frame...Runs low to the ground and rarely lets defenders get a solid shot at him...Adept at breaking tackles and is very effective running up the middle...Is very quick with a burst...Plays faster than he times and can run away from people...Does a fine job as a receiver out of the backfield...Smart player with top intangibles who is a team leader and captain.

Weaknesses:
                      May have some durability questions after suffering injuries the past two seasons...Is not the biggest or fastest running back to come along in terms of measurables...Has carried the ball a lot and has some mileage on his tires...Gives good effort as a blocker but may never be great in that area...Raised some eyebrows when he chose to sit out the Tennessee game with an injury.

Notes:
                      One of the most productive running backs in NCAA history...Could have been a first rounder in 2005 but chose to return to school for his senior season...An all-around great runner who really lacks many glaring weaknesses...Easily the premier senior running back available in this draft...Has the ability to be a star runner in the NFL.
                      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

I am always for improving the O'Line - especially with our weak, permanently ensconced, overpriced QB. That said, however, I would think that with our first four picks we could somehow jumble up a combination in there to trade the Jets for and pick up DE Mario Williams N.C. State Jr. 6-7 285, with their #4.

Other than that I'm all for a top flight OT, and OG, and possibly looking at whatever is left for IDL help, maybe the secondary might benefit by having some fresh legs, but whatever is left by the time the 4-5 rounds come might be at best a crap shoot. Receiver would be good, but its a shallow pool this year.
                        I think it best if we give Jake more time to "think" about things after the snap as opposed to getting him better talent at receiver - maybe leave that for another year. Better talent to run that ball in those crucial first and second downs to open up the playbook would be good as well- meaning the O'line not our FB, RB's. There are lots of ways to help Jake out, and a great O'line that can pound the ball at will is a good alternative to having to rely on JP.

It's still early and the FA are still up in the air... but it's nice to chat about this stuff.
                        Last edited by Road_Apples; 02-20-2006, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X