Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welp, so much for Ricky Williams!

Guess who failed another drug test?

Looks like we'll be looking to the draft again.

Mods, time for another merge!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
      Mods, time for another merge!

Nothing was in this forum, honey.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
        Nothing was in this forum, honey.
        Don't honey me, and you're a bit late, this is the 4th thread, and it's now old news.

And Ricky isn't in the draft, he's a free-agent, and this should be in GD or Other teams.
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Kapaibro
          Don't honey me, and you're a bit late, this is the 4th thread, and it's now old news.

And Ricky isn't in the draft, he's a free-agent, and this should be in GD or Other teams.

Who we acquire in Free Agency has everything to do with who we end up targetting in the draft.

Thanks for being the thread police, though.

Comment

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes I Hope He Can Do Good In Life,but Not As A Bronco I Want A Game Changer

Comment

Who we acquire in Free Agency has everything to do with who we end up targetting in the draft.

Thanks for being the thread police, though.
              Agreed...

Notice how Perry said "looks like we'll be looking to the draft again," which IMO encourages a discussion on drafting RB's.

Anyways, I'm hoping we don't miss on a 'back on the first day. If someone falls to 22, then take him and hope you can still get a DL at 29.

Comment

well, not to mention that last year the draft forum was also the FA forum as far as speculation goes.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                  Agreed...

Notice how Perry said "looks like we'll be looking to the draft again," which IMO encourages a discussion on drafting RB's.

Anyways, I'm hoping we don't miss on a 'back on the first day. If someone falls to 22, then take him and hope you can still get a DL at 29.

The only back who I would want to take at 22 would be LenDale White. I guess DeAngelo Williams would be okay too, but White would be a one man wrecking crew here in Denver.

I'm still high on DonTrell for late-round value, though. And maybe Mike Bell, but I want to see how they perform at the combine, and I want to see tape of each of them.

Comment

RICKY MIGHT HAVE A DEFENSE

It's now well know that Dolphins running back Ricky Williams missed a drug test, supposedly because he is in India.

But the fact that Ricky's trip to the land of the Dell computer call center staffers caused him to apparently miss one of his unannounced tinkle tests doesn't make his case open and shut.

A league source tells us that the testing process becomes complicated when a player travels outside of his home territory. The player has an obligation to advise the league of his precise travel plans. The league then has the responsibility to ensure that the player is properly notified as to the location of the testing facility to which he must report, if he ultimately is required to submit to testing while on the road.

If a player like Williams fails to show up under such circumstances, it might have happened because of something the player failed to do -- or it might have happened because of something the league failed to do. If, for example, the league accidentally tried to contact Williams at a number other than the number he had provided, Williams wouldn't have known about the testing obligation, and his failure to report for testing wouldn't be his fault.

Under the NFL substance abuse policy, Williams has the right to appeal the alleged violation to the Commissioner for a hearing. As part of the preparation for the hearing, the timeline and other nuances regarding the ultimate responsibility for the snafu will come to light.

Per the source, it wouldn't be the first time that a player who initially was found to have failed to show up for a test was later exonerated.

We're not suggesting that Williams definitely will be off the hook. Instead, we're saying that Ricky might be able to show that the failure to report for the test was the result of a mistake made by the NFL, not by him.

Comment

Verrrry interesting!

Comment

Verrrry interesting!
                        Apparently, the same thing happened to Sedrick Hodge of the NO Saints last year when he missed a drug test while on vacation. He appealed it and won...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                          Apparently, the same thing happened to Sedrick Hodge of the NO Saints last year when he missed a drug test while on vacation. He appealed it and won...
                          he's being tested 10 times a month...you'd think he'd be smart enough not to go on vacation and jeopardize his career...

Thanks Snk

Comment

Originally posted by ColRockies_5
                            he's being tested 10 times a month...you'd think he'd be smart enough not to go on vacation and jeopardize his career...
                            He can make special arrangements, as was said in the article...

Comment

Originally posted by ColRockies_5
                              C'mon dude, the man has millions (like all of his piers) to suggest he is not abe to go on vacation is bit much, by anyone's standards.

If he did the drugs, throw the book at his butt, but if he was simply out of the area... or the test time was stuffed up by either party, suspending him a year is too dang much.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Working...
                              X