nflradftcountdown has us with kiwi and jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nflradftcountdown has us with kiwi and jackson

Would this address our needs? What do you think about drafting those guys?I'm fine with Kiwi and Jackson but I think there's better. Who do you think we should draft with our first two picks? (Specific names) I think we should get Kiwi but instead of Jackson I think Sinorice Moss will come big if we draft him. He can go deep and he's quick. Could live up to his brother's hype!
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

If we finished the first round with Kiwi and Chad Jackson, I would have absolutely no qualms with that whatsoever.

Both talented, would be drafted at decent value, and both areas of need.

Comment

Unless Tamba Hali somehow fell to us at #22, I think that would be the best case scenario. A good rush end would allow TP to move back inside greatly upgrading our pass rush, and getting a WR like Jackson who has the most upside out of all the WRs in this draft would give us a solid #1 for many many years.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

Personally, I'm pretty interchangeable at those positions with a few different players.

At 22, give me M. Lawson, Kiwi or Hali and I'll be just fine.

At 29, give me C. Jackson or S. Moss and I think it would be a good upgrade of talent at WR.

If we come away with two of those 5, maybe add a couple more in B. Bunkley or C. Wroten in the pool of 1st round possibilities and the first round will be a success.

Almost any 2 of those 7.

Comment

I'm having a hard time getting on the Kiwi bandwagon. He had a sensational Jr. year and was projected to be a very high pick. He was injured in his Sr. year and never regained his form. He was completely neurtralized by Colledge in his bowl game and looked terrible in the Sr. Bowl practices. It makes me wonder about his toughness as you can be assured that he will have to play hurt in the NFL.

I am in agreement that we need a speed rusher. My guess is that we have a shot at Manny Lawson, or Daryl Tapp at pick 29. Some mocks have Tamba Hali available at pick 22 which would be nice.

In regards to Chad Jackson I think he has huge potential and will make a great NFL player. I have mentioned in other threads that if you like Jackson or any other WR in the draft not to expect much out of them for 2-3 years. The transition from college to the NFL at WR is very difficult. Most of the best receivers in the NFL were mid picks in the draft and were given time to develop. So the question is do you waste a first rd pick on a guy that might not be an asset for a few years or pick a couple of mid-late rounders. Check out Marques Colston of Hofstra (6-4 230, fast, soft hands) probably a 3rd or 4th rd pick.

Comment

1a) Kiwi, or any other quality end -need

1b) Antonio Cromartie CB- best player left on board

2) Daryn Colledge or Maurice Stovall- both needs

3) Greg Blue S - possible need

other names to sprinkle in there: Manny Lawson, Darryl Tapp, Victor Adeyanju, Rodrique Wright, Jerious Norwood, Marcus Vick/Reggie Mcneal, Chad jackson, Dereck Hagan.

I think Many on this board will probably dislike Antonio Cromartie as my 1b pick. He is the best value left on the board

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyB
              1a) Kiwi, or any other quality end -need

1b) Antonio Cromartie CB- best player left on board

2) Daryn Colledge or Maurice Stovall- both needs

3) Greg Blue S - possible need

other names to sprinkle in there: Manny Lawson, Darryl Tapp, Victor Adeyanju, Rodrique Wright, Jerious Norwood, Marcus Vick/Reggie Mcneal, Chad jackson, Dereck Hagan.

I think Many on this board will probably dislike Antonio Cromartie as my 1b pick. He is the best value left on the board
              Why would we draft another CB when we drafted 3 last year? That seems a bit redundant.
              sigpic
              PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
              You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Kiwi might be another bust waiting to happen. We'll see about that though.

Chad Jackson, im still not stuck on. Im still not stuck on any reciever in this draft. Chad Jackson is no Larry Fitzgerald or Braylon Edwards. Heck he's not even on the same level as Matt Jones or Reggie Williams.

This is a really bad year for rookie WR's, so i would rather sign a WR in FA rather than draft one because Shanny was never good at drafted WR's and DL imho anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
                  I'm having a hard time getting on the Kiwi bandwagon. He had a sensational Jr. year and was projected to be a very high pick. He was injured in his Sr. year and never regained his form. He was completely neurtralized by Colledge in his bowl game and looked terrible in the Sr. Bowl practices. It makes me wonder about his toughness as you can be assured that he will have to play hurt in the NFL.

I am in agreement that we need a speed rusher. My guess is that we have a shot at Manny Lawson, or Daryl Tapp at pick 29. Some mocks have Tamba Hali available at pick 22 which would be nice.

In regards to Chad Jackson I think he has huge potential and will make a great NFL player. I have mentioned in other threads that if you like Jackson or any other WR in the draft not to expect much out of them for 2-3 years. The transition from college to the NFL at WR is very difficult. Most of the best receivers in the NFL were mid picks in the draft and were given time to develop. So the question is do you waste a first rd pick on a guy that might not be an asset for a few years or pick a couple of mid-late rounders. Check out Marques Colston of Hofstra (6-4 230, fast, soft hands) probably a 3rd or 4th rd pick.
                  i agree-- i won't be totally disappointed if they take kiwi, but i would really prefer lawson if he's there, or tapp if he isn't. . . not hali though, i have heard too many times now that he may not be a top pass rusher at the next level, and i'd rather take a bit of a chance on a guy who IS projected to be a pure pass rusher, even if he's not great against the run-- hali is an effort guy who should make a solid pro, but his ceiling may not be as high as some of the other DEs. . .

and i couldn't agree more about the chances of any receiver coming in and contributing much this year-- i have said before in several posts that i would much rather see us go after a solid FA WR who can produce right away, and spend this year's top picks on improving our D-line and O-line. . . i would be happy to see us take a DT at #29, or even a top O-lineman like nick mangold, eric winston, or charles spencer. . . i'm not totally against adding a receiver, we OBVIOUSLY need some help in this area, but given shanny's history with drafting WRs, i would feel more comfortable with a couple of linemen. . . and before anyone kills me with "we don't need any O-linemen," please consider nalen's age and how many snaps a rookie WR is going to get behind rod and ash-- drafting OL isn't as crazy as it may sound to some of you. . . i'd almost rather see us add one of the top TEs in the firsrt round than any of this year's top WRs, who clearly aren't as good as the last few years. . . if jackson is as good as people on this board are making him sound, then i'm open to changing my mind, but right now he wouldn't be MY first choice for one of our top picks. . .
                  Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

chad jackson should be a nice little project. like lelie he has a lot speed.

Comment

Best Move

The Broncos need DL help. One of the best DL in years is coming out. Trade up and get Mario Williams and it will be a great draft. He is an impact player that would solve alot of the DL problems. None of the other DL are in his league. Pay the price to get the best, especially in an area of need.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado69
                        The Broncos need DL help. One of the best DL in years is coming out. Trade up and get Mario Williams and it will be a great draft. He is an impact player that would solve alot of the DL problems. None of the other DL are in his league. Pay the price to get the best, especially in an area of need.
                        Thats what I am sayin!!!
                        But if we are unable to pull off a trade to get the best (Mario) or the second best DL (Ngata) then these are names that I would like to see attached to the Broncos after the first two rounds. They are in some sort of order
                        at DE - Hali, Kiwanuka, Lawson, Tapp
                        at DT - Bunkley, Orien Harris, Oshinowo, Wright
                        at OT - Winston, Scott, Colledge, Justice, (I might be forgetting someone)
                        at S - Ko Simpson, Jason Allen (NO Bing, Blue, Slay, etc. they aren't what we need)
                        at WR - Santonio. no one else
                        other ideas - if Deangelo Williams or Lendale White fell I would be cool with that. drafting one of the top flight TE's would be good because of thier value and potential to be franchise TE's.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500
                          Why would we draft another CB when we drafted 3 last year? That seems a bit redundant.
                          Yeah I don't think the website can list many more CB's lol Too much depth! Well actually not too much but jsut a lot of good players.
                          MMA News
                          MMA News 247

Comment

Working...
                          X