X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakesthaman
    Why? has plaeyd in 77 games of a 96 game career, has averaged 7 sacks a season and 32 tackles. Unless he is really cheap and his knee is really top notch. Why bother?
    Notice who he's played with?
    His rookie year he had 11 sacks.
    Last year he had 11 sacks.
    It looks like he goes up/down each year, with this next year being an 'up'.

He doesn't have Freeney's speed (who does), but he's a better run stopper.

Leave a comment:

• lo4f3r
    replied
    This is a good idea. Howard could use a "re-birth" like Warren did this year. Also Howard would give us the pass rush that we desperately need.

Leave a comment:

• Colorado69
    replied
    Howard might work

If you have had the "opportunity" to watch the Saints over the last couple of years, you would have noticed Howard's play. The Saints have gone downward over the last few years, yet Howard has been recognized as a force to reckon with. Who knows, a change of scenery might allow him to improve. I wouldn't pay too much to find out, but he might work in Denver.

Leave a comment:

• Jakesthaman
    replied
    Why? has plaeyd in 77 games of a 96 game career, has averaged 7 sacks a season and 32 tackles. Unless he is really cheap and his knee is really top notch. Why bother?

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    I could easily see Howard coming to Denver.
    Last year, denver was rumored to be interested in him.

Now, NO is most likely NOT going to 'tag' him, which could open him up for the O&B.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    I would love it!!!

I also doubt very much it will happen.

Leave a comment:

• 24TheCHAMP24
    started a topic Darren Howard???

Darren Howard???

I know we don't have any cap space but if somehow we create a little bit and we make a play for a player in free agency. I hope it is this guy. He won't break the bank like Shaun, Edge, Or brees and it would allow us to use our 2 first rounders else where like on a wr, saftey.

Howard has excellent combination of athletic ability, speed and quickness. He plays with reckless abandon and will make plays from sideline to sideline. He is relentless in pursuit. He has excellent change of direction skills, agility and balance. He uses his hands and he is very effective slipping and shedding blocks. He has good recognition skills, he has good closing speed and he does a great job down the line avoiding the traffic. When he plays with leverage, he is very good at anchoring the point of attack. As a pass rusher, he is outstanding. He is a speed rusher who is disruptive and he makes plays. He has a quick and explosive first step and a good variety of pass rush moves. He does a good job of setting up offensive lineman. He has a good spin and swim move. He does a good job of getting his hands up and he will bat down passes at line of scrimmage. However, Howard lacks good upper body strength and when he does not play with good leverage; he will get overall powered at the point of attack. He is too high, he does not play with a good base and he struggles against double team blocks. He is not effective when he has to play inside as a defensive tackle. He is more effective when he is in space. He has good speed off the edge but not ideal speed for an edge rusher. He is a lot quicker than he is fast. He will get manhandle and engulfed by bigger and quicker offensive tackles at times. Overall, Howard when healthy is a productive player. He is a playmaker who can be a dominant edge rusher. He needs to improve his technique vs the run.
Working...
X