Offense!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offense!!!!!

Everyone is talking about how we need Safaty's and DL help, I think that we need to address offense early in the 06 draft. We have to have at least someone on offense that scares the defense out of the box. Maybe TO will be the answer. We need to draft a stud back and for those who don't think so, you should think about it in these context, would MA or TB scare you if they played for the Chargers?
    Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

But they play for us. And thats the beauty of Gibb's system.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum

Yeah, imagine what a good, every-down back can do in it; takes you back to the days of TD and CP, don't it? And to answer the original poster's question, no neither MA or TB would scare me very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum
        agreed-- shanyy's offense will find a way to get it done. i personally would like a more dominant running back, but i don't think we need to spend a particularly high pick on one-- shanny has shown he can find good RBs in the middle rounds, and you never know who might fall through the cracks of free agency this year with all the RBs on the market. . .

defense still wins championships, and we need a pure pass rusher in the absolute worst way! flashy offense is great for making the highlight reels and sportscenter top ten, but it's not all that great for winning titles-- check out all the SB winners of the past decade or so. . . a tough D and an efficient O get the job done. . . it's time for the broncos to invest some picks on the D-line instead of rotating in new scrubs and left-overs every year. . .
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

We can draft and sign all the offensive talent in the world.

But I assure you, it won't make an ounce of difference if our defense continues to not show up for the playoffs.

It's not a sexy pick, but we NEED to address Dline with one if not both first round picks in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
            We can draft and sign all the offensive talent in the world.

But I assure you, it won't make an ounce of difference if our defense continues to not show up for the playoffs.

It's not a sexy pick, but we NEED to address Dline with one if not both first round picks in the draft.
            yup. . . the teams with the flashy passing games are fun to watch, but they nearly always fold in the playoffs-- as i've said before, when was the last time a team with a truly elite downfield receiver won the super bowl? recent teams like indy, minnesota, st. louis except for '99, green bay, etc., haven't fared all that well in the post-season. . . . by comparison, when was the last time a team with a good D-line won the super bowl? hmm, most of the past decade. . .
            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
              Yeah, imagine what a good, every-down back can do in it; takes you back to the days of TD and CP, don't it? And to answer the original poster's question, no neither MA or TB would scare me very much.
              Do you suppose that TD would have been the RB he was in any other system? He was not that fast, did not have great power. Was an average back coming out of college that really fit our system. Would he have gained 2000 yards elseswhere?

Would he have even made someone elses team?

TD's area of greatness was the cutback how many other teams except the birds do this?

Comment

Ask 'em

Ask Indy and KC if a high-powered offense is the way to the Super Bowl. Defense wins championships. If they can't score and you can generate turnovers, you win. Seems pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
                  And drafting an overpaid running back that isn't the right fit for our system is the answer? Certainly not. I'd rather have a 4-7 round pick that fits our system(not paid very much) and has the odds to be successful in our system. I'd take that over LenDale White or Maroney anyday of the week. AGAIN, WHY DRAFT SOMEONE IN THE FIRST ROUND WHEN IT IS NOT A NEED POSITION?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Again, I do believe that D wins championships, but that is not the whole story is it? It's D and a dominant running game that wins championships!! We do not have the back to preform the later, and d-line is hard to predict. So what does that leave you with?
                    Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

Originally posted by no-pseudo-fan
                      Again, I do believe that D wins championships, but that is not the whole story is it? It's D and a dominant running game that wins championships!! We do not have the back to preform the later, and d-line is hard to predict. So what does that leave you with?

Tampa Bay, New England(2x), even Pittsburgh this year have all proven you don't need dominant running game to win.

Tampa Bay had a running game that was mere average that just happened to step up in the SuperBowl. New England without Corey Dillon proved twice you don't need dominant running games. I would hardly call Pittsburgh a dominant running team, even though they center around the run and can be successful.

It's already been proven you don't need dominant running game, and I would even argue teams that won without a dominant defense also. You do however need some defense.

Comment

Tampa Bay, New England(2x), even Pittsburgh this year have all proven you don't need dominant running game to win.
                        Pittsburgh IMO had a pretty good running game but certainly not DOMINANT. You could make a lot of cases of this occurence. It just depends on how you define DOMINANT.

'00 Baltimore team had an ok running game and a great defense.
                        Last edited by West; 02-23-2006, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West
                          Left out the '00 Baltimore team. Boy that team was all defense.

Yeah, but they had a very dangerous run game with Jamal playing at an elite level.

Interesting enough, that team could have possibly been the best defensive team through a course of the year in the history of the NFL, but because of the ineptitude of the "offensive genius" Billick to actually get something going with an offense over the years, that defense get's overlooked in at elite category from analysts and commentators who have covered the game over years and decades.

Comment

Yeah, but they had a very dangerous run game with Jamal playing at an elite level.

Interesting enough, that team could have possibly been the best defensive team through a course of the year in the history of the NFL, but because of the ineptitude of the "offensive genius" Billick to actually get something going with an offense over the years, that defense get's overlooked in at elite category from analysts and commentators who have covered the game over years and decades.
                            That was Jamal's rookie season and to be honest with you, their ratio was about 70/30 run and 1300 yards in that type of run heavy offense wasn't typically what you call dominant, but I see what you mean. I edited my post up there a lil.

Comment

Originally posted by West
                              That was Jamal's rookie season and to be honest with you, their ratio was about 70/30 run and 1300 yards in that type of run heavy offense wasn't typically what you call dominant, but I see what you mean. I edited my post up there a lil.

That's right it was his rookie year.

Maybe it was more just ball control then. Either way, it was one he!! of a defensive unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X