Bronco updates! 2/23/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco updates! 2/23/06

1) Putzier may be released because we owe him a 1.5 cap bonus and it's bringing us down. Know what this means? We'll probably end up getting a guy like Leonard Pope with our first pick, and it'll make room for Wesley Duke!

Link: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3536709

2) I was watching Cold Pizza earlier and this dude, I have no clue what his name is, said that we're the only ones in the T.O. sweepstakes. He said unless Dallas is hiding in the weeds, T.O. will wind up in Denver. He also talked to many in Philly and they said that he will probably be a Bronco.

Know what this means? I'm gettin' meself a T.O. Bronco jersey, and since I goto the Eagles training camp every year, I'm gonna wear that thang to Lehigh University in Bethlehem Pennsylvania come early August!

3) Kenard Lang was released by the Browns... Ummmm, another Brownco?

4) Word on the street is that we're really intrested in Olympist and great athlete Jeremy Bloom. We initially got Darrent Williams for KR/PR last year, and it ends up that he's alot better than just that. So Jeremy will come in a fill that void. Also, Jeremy has been working out with Ed McCaffery lately.

Link: http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3537108

5) It looks like we're closing in on a deal with both DT Gerard Warren, and LT Matt Lepsis. Although Pryce's future in a Denver Bronco uniform doesn't look too certain, he's not restructuring and it could result into a trade or being released.

Link: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...489689,00.html

Well there you have it
    sigpic

Wow... it's like five or six threads in one!

CP for not making 10 threads at once.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
      Wow... it's like five or six threads in one!

CP for not making 10 threads at once.
      That's what us, veterans, do here at Broncomania!
      sigpic

Comment

"1) Putzier may be released because we owe him a 1.5 cap bonus and it's bringing us down. Know what this means? We'll probably end up getting a guy like Leonard Pope with our first pick, and it'll make room for Wesley Duke!"

putz is a better player than alexander and we pay alexander more.

thanks for the thread!
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Great thread RTB
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
            putz is a better player than alexander and we pay alexander more.
            I agree. Outside of that one-handed TD catch, Alexander didn't show me much. I know, I know, he's supposed to be an excellent blocking TE, but I want more for the $$ we're paying him. I'd rather Alexander be cut than Putzier.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenis7
              I agree. Outside of that one-handed TD catch, Alexander didn't show me much. I know, I know, he's supposed to be an excellent blocking TE, but I want more for the $$ we're paying him. I'd rather Alexander be cut than Putzier.
              No, I guess you don't understand. We owe Putzier a 1.5 million dollar bonus on top of his salary already, that'll hurt us big time since we're already walking the tight rope. This is why he'll be released instead of Alexander.

Plus this draft is filled with great TEs, that's why I'm not too worried.

Leonard Pope for example... 6'7, 240-250lbs, great redzone target.
              sigpic

Comment

I think it's a good thing we're releasing putz, he's nothing special. Plus, i have very high hopes for number 84.(Duke)
                BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
                IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                  1) Putzier may be released because we owe him a 1.5 cap bonus and it's bringing us down. Know what this means? We'll probably end up getting a guy like Leonard Pope with our first pick, and it'll make room for Wesley Duke!

Link: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3536709

2) I was watching Cold Pizza earlier and this dude, I have no clue what his name is, said that we're the only ones in the T.O. sweepstakes. He said unless Dallas is hiding in the weeds, T.O. will wind up in Denver. He also talked to many in Philly and they said that he will probably be a Bronco.

Know what this means? I'm gettin' meself a T.O. Bronco jersey, and since I goto the Eagles training camp every year, I'm gonna wear that thang to Lehigh University in Bethlehem Pennsylvania come early August!

4) Word on the street is that we're really intrested in Olympist and great athlete Jeremy Bloom. We initially got Darrent Williams for KR/PR last year, and it ends up that he's alot better than just that. So Jeremy will come in a fill that void. Also, Jeremy has been working out with Ed McCaffery lately.

Link: http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3537108

5) It looks like we're closing in on a deal with both DT Gerard Warren, and LT Matt Lepsis. Although Pryce's future in a Denver Bronco uniform doesn't look too certain, he's not restructuring and it could result into a trade or being released.

Link: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...489689,00.html

Well there you have it
                  That is a mighty fine update there. Definetely deserves a CP.
                  The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

No, I guess you don't understand. We owe Putzier a 1.5 million dollar bonus on top of his salary already, that'll hurt us big time since we're already walking the tight rope. This is why he'll be released instead of Alexander.

Plus this draft is filled with great TEs, that's why I'm not too worried.

Leonard Pope for example... 6'7, 240-250lbs, great redzone target.

I do understand....really I do
                    so your hoping for pope, I take it?
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I think that Leonard Pope should be our first draft pick if Mathias Kiwanuka isn't there at #22. Pope had over 500 yds. with Georgia, and he is huge!!6'7, 250 lbs. He would be a monster redzone threat kind of like what Bubba Franks was his first few years in the league....I don't mind losing Putzier eccept for the fact that he is very tough.
                      "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
                      R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

I'd much rather have Vernon Davis than Pope, but with late picks, I guess he would do. I am not completely sold on him as a 1st round talent though...it seems like all he is is big. If he can block, I'd be all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
                          I do understand....really I do
                          so your hoping for pope, I take it?
                          Yes sir
                          sigpic

Comment

A possible TE selection in this draft? No big loss with Putz gone, i'd rather have that village idiot Alexander gone personally. Waste of money.

Lord help us

Probably not

Darrent didn't do TOO bad, possible 6-7th round pick I suppose

We better get below the cap before we start resigning these dudes. No big loss with Pryce, he has only had about 2 good seasons out of what? 8?

Well there you have it

Comment

Working...
                            X