Broncos biggest need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos biggest need

Everyone I hear is talking about Wide Receiver, Running Back, and Safety as the Broncos biggest need but for the Broncos to be World Champions again we need a pass rush and that means we need Defensive Ends that are strong and quick or we need to switch to the 3-4 and get big, strong, and quick Outside Linebackers that can rush the passer. If we do nothing else this offseason we need to bring in pass rushers.
    Broncos fans since age 6.
    Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
    Favorite Player: John Elway
    Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

Originally posted by Loyalty
    Everyone I hear is talking about Wide Receiver, Running Back, and Safety as the Broncos biggest need but for the Broncos to be World Champions again we need a pass rush and that means we need Defensive Ends that are strong and quick or we need to switch to the 3-4 and get big, strong, and quick Outside Linebackers that can rush the passer. If we do nothing else this offseason we need to bring in pass rushers.
    I think if you read a few more posts you will see all through this message board that there are alot of people that feel like we need defensive ends as our #1 priority in the draft. Hopefully Shanny & Sundquist feel the same way. A good pass rush will make all of our defensive players better.
    sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

hey man I agree we need some outside rushers. with the first pick we could get someone like kiwanuka. with the second i still think we need someone more talented than nick at safety we should get darnell bing in the later rounds we could possibly get dvorcheck in the 3-4 round

Comment

People just get enamored with the glamour positions and forget that football games are won in the trenches.

Comment

Running Back, .
          Who on earth would tell you that? Certainly not.

Our biggest needS are: depth at safety, DE/DT, C, WR, TE, and of course RB later in the draft. Say 5th round with the selection of Mike Bell.

Comment

Biggest Need?

Not depth at Safety. A consistent pass rushing DE that can be a decent run stopper. The best answer is to trade up and get Mario WIlliams. He is the most dominant defensive player in the draft. The Safety position already has depth. Ferguson and Lynch played well last season and Brandon, Browner, Cox, Young, and Abdullah provide depth. The one factor that must improve on the Bronco's defense is the pass rush. Once that is accomplished, the Bronco's defense will be very dominant.

Comment

Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24
              I think if you read a few more posts you will see all through this message board that there are alot of people that feel like we need defensive ends as our #1 priority in the draft. Hopefully Shanny & Sundquist feel the same way. A good pass rush will make all of our defensive players better.
              I like the way put that last sentence. Your right a good pass rush will definetly make our defensive players better. Namely our secondary cause they won't have to stick their man for for 5-6 seconds. I really haven't followed the new prospects but it sounds like Mathius Kiwanuka would be a great aquisition.

"Little Pads. Big Hits. Huge heart." - tnedator

This play is the reason I'm a DENVER BRONCOS fan

Comment

You cant just flip a swith and all of a sudden be a 3-4 defense. First you have to have coaches that know that system and players that can play those positions. Most teams change to it gradually. Miami played the 3-4 for the first time last year.They only played in it about 35 percent of the time. In my opinion you guys should get Abraham from the Jets and use your other 1st rounder on another DE.

Comment

Biggest Need?

Trade up and get Mario Williams and the defense will be better immediately. Why spend the cap room on another older veteran? Build the team from the draft. This year, the Broncos will have nine or ten picks, with five or six on the first day. They have the opportunity to develop depth with multi-year contracts with talented rookies. The team is so close to being dominant already. A few tweeks will get them over the top. At the same time, develop drafted players and gain the cap advantages.

Comment

as champ said, if you read many posts you are sure to come across this opinion elsewhere-- that is because it's the TRUTH!! i myself have certainly been hammering this idea. . .
                    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Working...
                    X