TE Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindField
    I bet we end up Drafting Colorado's Joel Klopfenstein with the second round pick...
    you heard it here first.
    If we do trade #29 to the Jets, I can see this happening. I would like Dominique Byrd with the second round if we trade #29. Klops would be cool in the second. David Thomas with the fourth rounder would be solid also.
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Make A Move For Vernon Davis

Comment

The real sleeper is Klopf's partner in crim Quinn Sypnewski. He was just as productive at CU and is flying way under the radar, He should be around in the 5th or so.
        The CU guy I really hope we draft is Vickers, I know we have Johnson but Vickers can do so many things for a team and would make the roster for his special teams abilities alone.
        That all said the only TE's I want to see on draft day are Leonard Pope (#22, maybe #29), Klopf (3rd rd), Thomas, Sypnewski.
        I do not want to draft a TE in the 2nd round because I see that pick being where the value for DT, S, and probably OT being highest/higher than TE's.

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
          The real sleeper is Klopf's partner in crim Quinn Sypnewski. He was just as productive at CU and is flying way under the radar, He should be around in the 5th or so.
          The CU guy I really hope we draft is Vickers, I know we have Johnson but Vickers can do so many things for a team and would make the roster for his special teams abilities alone.
          That all said the only TE's I want to see on draft day are Leonard Pope (#22, maybe #29), Klopf (3rd rd), Thomas, Sypnewski.
          I do not want to draft a TE in the 2nd round because I see that pick being where the value for DT, S, and probably OT being highest/higher than TE's.
          Eh, give me Klopf over Quinn and give me Kyle Johnson over Vickers... Quinn is injury prone and slow, and KJ is an emerging star at tailback, whereas Vickers would need a couple years of development... I'm a Buff homer too, but I just don't think those guys would be able to provide much improvement.

Comment

there might be an option in FA that hasnt been considered yet. We do need to pick up somebody tho, as we dont really have a receiving threat at TE, unless Duke steps up...

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
              Eh, give me Klopf over Quinn and give me Kyle Johnson over Vickers... Quinn is injury prone and slow, and KJ is an emerging star at tailback, whereas Vickers would need a couple years of development... I'm a Buff homer too, but I just don't think those guys would be able to provide much improvement.
              Sypnewski was around for awhile because of injuries, i think he had like 6 years or something but what I am saying is I would rather take him in the 5th or 6th round than have to burn a 2nd or 3rd on Klopf when on the field the difference between them was very marginal IMO.
              I love Vickers though, although I don't see him challenging Kyle Johnson, he is a great guy. and someone you would love to have on your team. and he has the ability to bring a whole new dimension to an offense. Meanwhile he is a strong contributor on all of the special teams.

Comment

Working...
              X