Broncos are on the clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos are on the clock

What if.... the Broncos decided to send both first round picks (22, 29), a third rounder or two (one or two of our compensatories?), Matt Lepsis and/or Tatum Bell to the Texans for #1 overall? Where Denver lands Reggie Bush. Or Texas picks Reggie and Denver trades for him, ala John Elway. Ironically Gary Kubiak would join the Broncos and leave the Broncos with the #1 overall pick going to denver in each instance.

That's how hard I'm ridin' the Bush bandwagon, ya'll!

I think he's the best RB since Barry Sanders, W/O the negative yards. This guy has clearly demonstrated instincts that only come around every 20 years or so. I've watched a lot of his games and even more of his highlights, and I haven't seen a bad video of him running. He's only a junior, so he'll get a little bigger and, yikes, maybe a little faster!

I think Mr. Kubiak's relationship with the Broncos would only facilitate a deal like this.

I'm thinking future HOF status for Mr. Bush, and I liken him to Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers and... ugchh! O.J. Simpson (not a popular comparison I know).

Who in their right mind would not take one of those players coming out of college with the #1 pick and not do everything they had to do to get them. (considering O.J., sans murder charge).

Bottom line here is, the Broncos have the goods to get Reggie Bush. The question is, will they pull the trigger? If so, what bullets will they use?

Does anyone agree? Or, am I absolutely insane
    Last edited by guntrain; 03-02-2006, 07:36 AM.
    GunTrain

Well . . .

We once had a situation like that with Floyd Little. Close to the best RB in the league at the time, who played for close to the worst team. It didn't work out. The Broncos went most of his years without a winning season.

Once the Broncos empty themselves to acquire the likes of Bush, you had better root for him because he will be the only thing left to root for.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
      We once had a situation like that with Floyd Little. Close to the best RB in the league at the time, who played for close to the worst team. It didn't work out. The Broncos went most of his years without a winning season.

Once the Broncos empty themselves to acquire the likes of Bush, you had better root for him because he will be the only thing left to root for.

-----
      --- top, you were very kind to even respond to that "What if" scenario ---

--- talk about putting all your eggs in one basket ---

--- Bush could get jacked-up and retire on his signing bonus ---

--- I've got the feeling that Shanny is way ahead of all of us right now !

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Floyd Little

I can appreciate that. However, although elected to 5 pro-bowls, Floyd Little is not in the HOF, and he is not ranked in the top 50 of any major category all time. Floyd Little was good, but he was not great.

Source: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/LittFl00.htm

Now, I realize the egg hasn't hatched yet, but I certainly believe Mr. Bush has better than average potential to be 'great'.

I don't believe Denver would be selling the farm to get him and I think a player like that could take the pressure off Jake to do it all.

A move like this could keep the Broncos very competitive for a long time, while making them a team with a marquee player. I'd be interested in seeing fans wearing broncos jerseys w/o a number 7 or 30 on them. (smiling, while I have one of each).
        GunTrain

Comment

Originally posted by guntrain
          What if.... the Broncos decided to send both first round picks (22, 29), a third rounder or two (one or two of our compensatories?), Matt Lepsis and/or Tatum Bell to the Texans for #1 overall? Where Denver lands Reggie Bush. Or Texas picks Reggie and Denver trades for him, ala John Elway. Ironically Gary Kubiak would join the Broncos and leave the Broncos with the #1 overall pick going to denver in each instance.

I think he's the best RB since Barry Sanders, W/O the negative yards. This guy has clearly demonstrated instincts that only come around every 20 years or so. I've watched a lot of his games and even more of his highlights, and I haven't seen a bad video of him running. He's only a junior, so he'll get a little bigger and, yikes, maybe a little faster!

I think Mr. Kubiak's relationship with the Broncos would only facilitate a deal like this.

I'm thinking future HOF status for Mr. Bush, and I liken him to Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers and... ugchh! O.J. Simpson (not a popular comparison I know).

Who in their right mind would not take one of those players coming out of college with the #1 pick and not do everything they had to do to get them. (considering O.J., sans murder charge).

Bottom line here is, the Broncos have the goods to get Reggie Bush. The question is, will they pull the trigger? If so, what bullets will they use?

First I think you are insane, and comp picks can't be traded. That being said I do believe that depth is not our problem. Our problem is having game breakers. We don't have enough big time offensive players and that needs to change. This is a strategy to get one. I don't believe that the Texans would move this far down so I think it is a pipe dream.

IF and I repeat IF we had #1 I would also take Bush and put him in our backfield with Dayne taking a good portion of the carries. Bush could then split out on occasion. Would both of our numbers 1, a number three, a four and Tatum Bell be enough to get it done. I don't believe so. But if it was I would certainly take it and get Bush in our backfield. If we give up Lepsis we also have a problem that we don't have picks to replenish our tackle situation. I don't like the thought of just Foster and Green at tackle.

Comment

Why not trade our whole draft and a few picks next year, and maybe they will throw in Hershall Walker! Dumb idea, Bush is the most overhyped player, reminds me of a certain "Rocket" out of South Bend.
            Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith

Comment

Originally posted by no-pseudo-fan
              Why not trade our whole draft and a few picks next year, and maybe they will throw in Hershall Walker! Dumb idea, Bush is the most overhyped player, reminds me of a certain "Rocket" out of South Bend.
              great point!!!!

Comment

u know what.........

i'm so glad ur not the coach, or part of the front office. That would be the dumbest move for the broncos right now.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

I can appreciate that. However, although elected to 5 pro-bowls, Floyd Little is not in the HOF, and he is not ranked in the top 50 of any major category all time. Floyd Little was good, but he was not great.

Source: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/LittFl00.htm

Now, I realize the egg hasn't hatched yet, but I certainly believe Mr. Bush has better than average potential to be 'great'.

I don't believe Denver would be selling the farm to get him and I think a player like that could take the pressure off Jake to do it all.

A move like this could keep the Broncos very competitive for a long time, while making them a team with a marquee player. I'd be interested in seeing fans wearing broncos jerseys w/o a number 7 or 30 on them. (smiling, while I have one of each).
                  While you are throwing sources at me, you might look at my sig. I was there . . . . for Little's entire career, from the time he signed as a #1 draft choice out of Syracuse . . . . after breaking many of Jim Brown's records there . . . . until his last game, when he literally . . . . LITERALLY . . . . faked a CB out of his shoes during a 50-yard run. Larry Csonka and Jim Kiick (for instance), contemporaries of Little, considered him the best RB in the league at the time.

But your pointing out that Little is not in the HOF simply made my case. Since I was there, I know the reasons for this. Little had a pathetic . . . .and I mean PATHETIC . . . . offensive line. As I implied in my previous post, he played for a losing team for nearly his entire career. Offensive football is an 11-man game. One star running back, even a superstar, cannot do it alone. He MUST have holes through which to run. You must remember that those guys on defense are good, too, and if they get in the way, the play is usually over.

That is the case I am making with Bush. Give up the house for him, and we still have nothing. He may be Jim Brown, Gayle Sayers, O.J. Simpson, and Walter Payton all wrapped up in one, but he will get nowhere without a supporting cast.

Trust me.

P.S. Here are a couple links on Little for you to enjoy. I have more if you want.

http://dim.com/~jbettin/floyd/little_men.htm

http://dim.com/~jbettin/floyd/

-----
                  Last edited by topscribe; 03-02-2006, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Your insane

Your buying into ther hype on Bush. There remain huge questions about how much of a pounding his 200lb frame can take in the NFL. He is a dynamic player to be sure, but personally, I would not give up the picks to aquire him or commit the contract money it will take to sign him...he is not worth all of that.

...oh, and since Barry Sanders is in the Hall of Fame and Bush has yet to have a single carry in the NFL, I don't think you should be comaprting the two just yet. Bush has to earn that type of respect.

Comment

My vote is for absolute insanity. First off, we were already struggling with cap issues and Bush is going to demand top dollar. Second, why the hell would we dump multiple players for just one player? No matter how good ONE PLAYER is, it won't mean squat if the rest of the team is crap.
                      The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

You are absolutely insane.

If you don't want an honest answer, don't ask for one.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                        You should check these guys out

Comment

Thanks for input...

I'll be checking myself into a mental hospital at the end of the day. (smile) I've enjoyed all responses so far.

I wasn't cracking on Floyd Little by the way, but I wasn't using him as a comparison. I think he was a fine player that I wish I had the opportunity to watch. I hope he makes it to the HOF in the future.

My final thoughts on this are that I would like to see Bush play for Denver. Just like many fans of the other 31 NFL clubs would like to see him play for their team.

I maintain that the Broncos have the amunition to make a deal like this without sacrificing the future. So with that, until 29 April 2006, we'll have to wait and see. Thanks for your post.
                          GunTrain

Comment

Working...
                          X