kiwi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiwi

if we get abraham do you still go after kiwi are another d line with that first pick? or do we hope that chad jackson falls to us

I'd say we hope Lendale White falls to us.

Comment

Originally posted by CAMERON
      if we get abraham do you still go after kiwi are another d line with that first pick? or do we hope that chad jackson falls to us
      I would like to hope we would, but my gut feeling is that we more than likely go a different direction.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

no way we use a first round pick on a rb. we have not done that in the past 10 years and there are way to many good backs that will be available in rounds 2,3,4 i have been thinking for a long time that i would like us to draft wr in round 1 but if hall, or kiwi, or lawson was to fall to us that would be a great d line abraham, meyers, warren, kiwi/ hall. wow what is that kids name on the practice squad that is really big and fast that they were talking about a couple of weeks ago?

Comment

If we get Abraham, then the player I personally would target first and foremost is Brodrick Bunkley. Whether Broncos management sees things the way I do, I don't know. My guess is that they might target Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson, Leonard Pope, Ko Simpson, Sinorice Moss, and Donte Whitner, though not necessarily in that order. It just seems like the Bronco-ish thing to do to not have a d-lineman on the list.
          A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
            If we get Abraham, then the player I personally would target first and foremost is Brodrick Bunkley. Whether Broncos management sees things the way I do, I don't know. My guess is that they might target Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson, Leonard Pope, Ko Simpson, Sinorice Moss, and Donte Whitner, though not necessarily in that order. It just seems like the Bronco-ish thing to do to not have a d-lineman on the list.
            i would tend to agree that a DT would make sense, but bunkley scares me-- he has great potential, but has also had some serious injuries. he's already torn both the ACL and PCL in one knee in separate incidents-- plus another surgery to repair a torn ankle tendon. . . i just don't see him having a long career. . .
            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

god i pray the chad jackson is available at 22 and we draft him

Comment

YOU DONT HAVE ABRAHAM YET, he is still on the JET's, didnt you ever get told not to believe every lil thing you heard....
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                  YOU DONT HAVE ABRAHAM YET, he is still on the JET's, didnt you ever get told not to believe every lil thing you heard....
                  that's probably why the thread started out "IF WE GET ABRAHAM. . . "
                  Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

There is a part of me that really wants to agree with you on Bunkley, but assuming that both Warren is resigned, I would argue that wide receiver would become our dire need. Upon Smith's retirement, wide receiver could be desolate. Lelie is a good number two, but is approaching the end of his contract. After Lelie, I trust none of the remainder to be solid NFL receivers. We may have enough to get along once again, but this situation could get ugly fast (one-two years). I would love Jackson or Holmes, but I anticipate neither. After that, I'm not crazy about Moss, so maybe wide receiver will be hard to fill in round one. If you could promise me that Hagan will be waiting in round two, by all means draft Bunkley. But if Jackson or Holmes is available, I think it becomes a no brainer.

Comment

Actually, if you follow last year's trend.
                      We're going to draft 3 DE's
                      Everybody is going to whine and scream for Shanny's balls; then against all logic, the picks will work out
                      Except for some fool we draft with a comp pick, who will be in jail by year's end.
                      Last edited by dontfeedthenerd; 03-02-2006, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
                        Actually, if you follow last year's trend.
                        We're going to draft 3 DE's
                        Everybody is going to whine and scream for Shanny's balls; then against all logic, the picks will work out
                        Except for some fool we draft with a comp pick, who will be in jail by year's end.
                        Marcus Vick

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                          There is a part of me that really wants to agree with you on Bunkley, but assuming that both Warren is resigned, I would argue that wide receiver would become our dire need. Upon Smith's retirement, wide receiver could be desolate. Lelie is a good number two, but is approaching the end of his contract. After Lelie, I trust none of the remainder to be solid NFL receivers. We may have enough to get along once again, but this situation could get ugly fast (one-two years). I would love Jackson or Holmes, but I anticipate neither. After that, I'm not crazy about Moss, so maybe wide receiver will be hard to fill in round one. If you could promise me that Hagan will be waiting in round two, by all means draft Bunkley. But if Jackson or Holmes is available, I think it becomes a no brainer.
                          Yeah, WR is a position of need, but even though this WR draft class a littler better than I thought it would be, it's still pretty bad. If he's there, Holmes is definitely a no-brainer to me. If he's there, take him without hesitation. Jackson isn't quite a no-brainer to me, but there's no denying that he's a freakish athlete who has produced as both a deep threat as a sophomore and more of a possession guy in Urban Meyer's system. But I don't think he's anywhere near as polished as someone of his stock should be. When I think of spending a 15-25 pick on a WR, I want someone like Mark Clayton, who may lack measurables, but is still highly talented and developed. Right at this moment, I'd take Bunkley over Jackson.

Obviously, I can't guarantee Hagan will be waiting for us in round two, but it's not out of the question. But as I'm sure you well know, there are plenty of first day WRs who could have very productive careers. Even in the third round, there should be names like Orr, Aromashodu, Hass, and Jennings among a lot of others. I don't think Hagan is that much better than any of those guys, impressive 40 or not.
                          A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Chad Jackson is the only safe 1st round projected WR, after his performance at workouts and the combine.

I'd say, just go draft best player available at one of the positions of need, that would be TE, DE, DT, and WR.

id be very comfortable with Jackson and Abraham out of our first 2 picks, but if the trade falls through, then Kiwi/Hali, Jackson, and a Free Agent DT/DE or another trade isnt that bad.
                            Blet

Comment

Yeah, WR is a position of need, but even though this WR draft class a littler better than I thought it would be, it's still pretty bad. If he's there, Holmes is definitely a no-brainer to me. If he's there, take him without hesitation. Jackson isn't quite a no-brainer to me, but there's no denying that he's a freakish athlete who has produced as both a deep threat as a sophomore and more of a possession guy in Urban Meyer's system. But I don't think he's anywhere near as polished as someone of his stock should be. When I think of spending a 15-25 pick on a WR, I want someone like Mark Clayton, who may lack measurables, but is still highly talented and developed. Right at this moment, I'd take Bunkley over Jackson.

Obviously, I can't guarantee Hagan will be waiting for us in round two, but it's not out of the question. But as I'm sure you well know, there are plenty of first day WRs who could have very productive careers. Even in the third round, there should be names like Orr, Aromashodu, Hass, and Jennings among a lot of others. I don't think Hagan is that much better than any of those guys, impressive 40 or not.
                              We may not even have a shot at Bunkley too...

Good points on Jackson's success in two systems as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X