Will Sheilds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Sheilds?

Didnt Will Shields get cut by the Chiefs. I think the Broncos could use a good guard and Shields is among the best. It hurt when we couldnt sign Willie Roaf a couple of years ago now we need to sign a good OL.

I remember hearing that he was going to be a cap casualty but I don't know if that has happened yet.

As far as signing him.......no. He's going into his 14th year and the wheels are about to fall off.

Comment

That has to be considered but wasnt Mark Schlereth thought to be done before we got him also?

Comment

Will Sheilds was cut.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
        You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by bigtwist
          Didnt Will Shields get cut by the Chiefs. I think the Broncos could use a good guard and Shields is among the best. It hurt when we couldnt sign Willie Roaf a couple of years ago now we need to sign a good OL.
          If he does not retire, he would be an excellent pickup.
          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
            Will Sheilds was cut.
            No he wasn't. They were about to cut him but since the start of the league year has been extended until Sunday they kept him. They are currently working on a new two year contract that will be more cap friendly. Even if they had cut him, they would most likely have brought him back at that new two year contract.
            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Forget Shields

He is at the end of his career. He has played well for several years, but doesn't fit the Bronco system anyway. I'm sure he doesn't want to learn a new system in a new city. He and Roaf have both concidered retiring, so why waste the money and time. When he and Willie leave, the Chef's line will be hurting. They didn't play in the first KC game against the Broncos last year and you saw the result. The Broncos can grab a good Guard in the draft and have them fit the system better and longer and cheaper.

Comment

Nnnnnnnnoooooooooo

Comment

Working...
                X