Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good Sleeper in the draft

Chris Gocong Defensive (265 lbs.) player of the year in 1 AA DE
    this year 98 tackles 187 yard loss 23.5 sacks forced 4 fumbles and received 2

combine: 40-yard dash/4.7(2nd) Vertical Jump 38.5(3rd) Broad Jump 10'3(2nd) three-cone 7.05(2nd) Short shuttle 4.08(1st) Long shuttle 11.35(1st) 27 reps 125 lbs. (unknown ranking)

and according to scouting reports he is the smartest player they have seen at his position in a long time

i know San Diego and Oakland checked him out for both OLB and DE
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Gocong is very talented. Experts see him being best suited as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Comment

Yeah, I sorta like Gocong. Go Cal Poly!
      A welcoming CP to you from another San Luis Obispo County resident.

Comment

Pats

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly

combine: 40-yard dash/4.7(2nd) Vertical Jump 38.5(3rd) Broad Jump 10'3(2nd) three-cone 7.05(2nd) Short shuttle 4.08(1st) Long shuttle 11.35(1st) 27 reps 125 lbs. (unknown ranking)

and according to scouting reports he is the smartest player they have seen at his position in a long time

Can you say New England Patriots?

Looks like a Belichick guy all the way...

Comment

Originally posted by MindField
          Can you say New England Patriots?

Looks like a Belichick guy all the way...
          why is that because hes a swing man

hes intellegent guy and is used to a 4-3 scheme the experts have said he has the intellegents to adapt anywhere and he only needs to gain a few lbs. to be a full blown DE threat but hes still bigger the Mark Anderson Kiwi
          Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 03-09-2006, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Definitely would be a great pick early on the second day. He's got undeniable production at the 1-AA level, and his Combine confirmed he's good enough to play with the big boys.

He's been personally answering questions all year on another message board, if anyone's interested.
            A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

2 head lb coaches from the ravens and bengals came to SLO to work with Chris they responded in saying they liked him and thought he could play both D line and LB

Comment

Damn Eagles

Comment

125 lb bench press.. ...dont the press 225 or 250 at the combine.. i can do 27 at 125
                  The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                  While he sits by his hearth at home.
                  Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                  That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

lol yeah srry to many numbers

Comment

lol yeah srry to many numbers
                      dont be sorry man.. i was just curious to see if it was 225 or 125 ... he osunds like a beast ..
                      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                      While he sits by his hearth at home.
                      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                      That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

yeah and on the bright side San Diego and Oakland really wanted him but didnt get the chance

Comment

how could he of had 23.5 sacks when i thought dumerville had 21 and he led the nation in sacks
                          "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
                            how could he of had 23.5 sacks when i thought dumerville had 21 and he led the nation in sacks
                            Dumerville had 20 and did lead the nation, so those stats are wrong that he gave.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                              Dumerville had 20 and did lead the nation, so those stats are wrong that he gave.
                              No, those stats are not wrong. Dumervil led the Division 1-A in sacks but Gocong played in Division 1-AA which is why he won the Buch Buchanon award which is awarded to the Division 1-AA defensive player of the year. Therefore, allthough he did go up against lesser talent than Dumervil did Chris Gocong still had more sacks than Dumervil.
                              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                              X