X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
    They bench 225 lbs. as many times as they can.
    27 isn't the best in the world, but it is quite impressive.
    He should be a good player for the Eagles, who had a good draft.
    He was in the Top 3 in every event so i 27 is impressive but i still wish the eagles didnt draft him

Leave a comment:

• Broncos86
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshecalpoly
    They mentioned Gocong on Cold Pizza calling him the Best steal in the draft and a likely starter for his freshman year so I am a bit bitter

i donno if i would call him the best steal in the draft......a good one though

Leave a comment:

• DenverBuckeye
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosinindy
    dont be sorry man.. i was just curious to see if it was 225 or 125 ... he osunds like a beast ..
    They bench 225 lbs. as many times as they can.
    27 isn't the best in the world, but it is quite impressive.
    He should be a good player for the Eagles, who had a good draft.

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    They mentioned Gocong on Cold Pizza calling him the Best steal in the draft and a likely starter for his freshman year so I am a bit bitter

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Gocong did go against some high drafted OT and the fact that he actually has the record in sacks for the 1-AA for 2 years in a row with 17.5 sacks the year before and 22 tackles for losses makes him a threat also the year before he had 71 tackles 2 forced fumbles one fumble recovery and an interception and voted second best defensive player in the 1-AA to team mate Jordan Beck thats why he was selected high in the third round and Dumerville in mid 4th
    infact the eagles plan on using him as a joker which means he is going to be a situation pass rushing linebacker or an extra lineman
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 05-13-2006, 10:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kmartin575
    replied
    Originally posted by jhns
    Dumerville had 20 and did lead the nation, so those stats are wrong that he gave.
    No, those stats are not wrong. Dumervil led the Division 1-A in sacks but Gocong played in Division 1-AA which is why he won the Buch Buchanon award which is awarded to the Division 1-AA defensive player of the year. Therefore, allthough he did go up against lesser talent than Dumervil did Chris Gocong still had more sacks than Dumervil.

Leave a comment:

• jhns
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos86
    how could he of had 23.5 sacks when i thought dumerville had 21 and he led the nation in sacks
    Dumerville had 20 and did lead the nation, so those stats are wrong that he gave.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos86
    replied
    how could he of had 23.5 sacks when i thought dumerville had 21 and he led the nation in sacks

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    yeah and on the bright side San Diego and Oakland really wanted him but didnt get the chance

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    lol yeah srry to many numbers
    dont be sorry man.. i was just curious to see if it was 225 or 125 ... he osunds like a beast ..

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    lol yeah srry to many numbers

Leave a comment:

• Broncosinindy
    replied
    Chris Gocong Defensive (265 lbs.) player of the year in 1 AA DE
    this year 98 tackles 187 yard loss 23.5 sacks forced 4 fumbles and received 2

combine: 40-yard dash/4.7(2nd) Vertical Jump 38.5(3rd) Broad Jump 10'3(2nd) three-cone 7.05(2nd) Short shuttle 4.08(1st) Long shuttle 11.35(1st) 27 reps 125 lbs. (unknown ranking)

and according to scouting reports he is the smartest player they have seen at his position in a long time

i know San Diego and Oakland checked him out for both OLB and DE
    125 lb bench press.. ...dont the press 225 or 250 at the combine.. i can do 27 at 125

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Damn Eagles

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    2 head lb coaches from the ravens and bengals came to SLO to work with Chris they responded in saying they liked him and thought he could play both D line and LB

Leave a comment:

• PsychoChicken
    replied
    Definitely would be a great pick early on the second day. He's got undeniable production at the 1-AA level, and his Combine confirmed he's good enough to play with the big boys.

He's been personally answering questions all year on another message board, if anyone's interested.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X