Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do We Need to Draft a RB in the 1st Round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do We Need to Draft a RB in the 1st Round?

With the 1st round full of running back prospects and the F/A market seemingly dried up, do our Broncos need to draft a Running Back in the 1st Round, if one of the top guys fall?

The obvious choices: Lawrence Maroney, Deangelo Williams, Lendale White

Do these guys warrant a #22 or #29 choice?
    Last edited by tdot_bronco; 03-13-2006, 11:13 AM.
    Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

None of them will make it to 22 or 29 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tdot_bronco
      Do We Need to Draft a RB in the 1st Round?
      No.

-----

Comment

With the 1st round full of running back prospects and the F/A market seemingly dried up, do our Broncos need to draft a Running Back in the 1st Round?

I still think it depends if we get a WR as a Free agent and who that WR is.. Also it depends If Davis(TE) falls to #22.. But i do belive if White Falls down to #22 i would take him no if ands or Buts about that.. the only way i wouldnt take White at #22 is because Davis fell to #22 also, and we didnt get a Free agent WR..

Only reason to take a RB at #22
        if White falls,and Davis is not there!!
        but if White nor Davis is there, you go DE or WR(if Jackson is there at 22 i take him if we dont get a Free agent WR.. if we do get a Free agent WR.. take a DE at 22 and a WR at 29)

Comment

With the 1st round full of running back prospects and the F/A market seemingly dried up, do our Broncos need to draft a Running Back in the 1st Round?

If one falls it would be interesting. Who knows Shanny might jump at it. But it highly depends on what we do with Pryce's empty spot. If we pick up Abraham (or this Andre Carter) We can spend both 1st rounders on other areas. But if we do not get someone to fill that spot before draft day we take Kiwi with one of the firsts.

I would rather spend a 1st on a tight end (Lewis or Pope) then on a running back. Since we seem to be good at picking the 5th or so round and having him succeed. Mike Bell may be the running back we draft. What round do they have Mike Bell going in?

Comment

Hell YES! Any of those guys would do nicely, but especially Lendale or Deangelo.

Comment

No. I don't quite understand the concern over the running back situation. Dayne and Tatum will compete for the top spot. Trust me, Shanny wants Tatum to win the job (just like he wanted last year). But, if Dayne wins that battle, then so be it. Dayne will be what Anderson was last year and Bell will get his carries.

Shanahan will draft a RB, no doubt, but it won't be in the first round.

Comment

I don't think Denver needs a RB in the 1st round at all. Use that first round pick on a pass rusher...........a DE........a bookend.

Denver can get a RB in the later rounds other than the 1st round.
                Emancipate your mind!
                The People's Poster

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                  Not true. As things sit now, it looks like at least two and possibly all three will make it to 22. I'd be surprised if Maroney goes in the first round.

Off-topic but I like your offseason wish list, let's hope some of it happens!

Comment

If White falls that far, I don't see how you can pass on tht (not guna happen). I also TOTALY agree w/ the TE scenario. I think it is IMPERATIVE tht we get a WR out of FA. I don't think RB is a first rd. concern. We don't exactly have the youngest team going right now. We need to work on our major problem areas, with guys who are ready to step up.

Comment

No, we don't, and I guarantee you Shanahan won't do it either. He is quite happy with taking RB's in the second round or later, as evidenced a couple years ago when he passed up Steven Jackson in the 1st. We can use our first rounders to improve the D-line or add a WR/TE. Quite frankly I am satisfied with taking RB's later on, because after all we got CP in the 2nd round, and that worked out pretty well
                      sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by horsepower84
                        None of them will make it to 22 or 29 anyway.

I'd bet the life of my mother that at least one of them will be there at 22.

Comment

No...we don't.

With the 1st round full of running back prospects and the F/A market seemingly dried up, do our Broncos need to draft a Running Back in the 1st Round, if one of the top guys fall?

No...drafting a RB in the first round would be a wasted pick...it's like Houston taking Bush when they have DD. They'd be better to trade that pick away or trade Bush to a team after the pick like NY/SD a couple of years ago.

The bigger needs right now are WR/TE/DE and with 2 picksin the first they'll address those needs. If some or any of those players begin to fall to #22 I'd expect to see Shanahan trade the spot away to a lower team for an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder and have 2 picks in the 1st and 2 in the 3rd.
                          MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

Comment

how bout drew or calhoun ahhhh that would be awsome i love calhoun

Comment

Deangelo Williams willl be at the top half of the first round. Get a good WR and a solid pass rusher.

"What defines a true player is not how he helps himself, but how he help others around him. That is true greatness..."

Comment

Working...
                              X