Someone please explain this to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please explain this to me...

I know a lot about the Salary Cap, and contracts, and how they're structured....but I can't figure this out.
    Where are the redskins getting all this cap room, especially if they sign Carter to the 30 Million dollar deal.

I thought they were only like a million dollars under, and yet, they're signing everyone.
    Anyone know where this extra cap room is coming from for the Redskins?

They couldn'tve restructured enough contracts to get this much space
    Administrator

sigpic

Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
    I know a lot about the Salary Cap, and contracts, and how they're structured....but I can't figure this out.
    Where are the redskins getting all this cap room, especially if they sign Carter to the 30 Million dollar deal.

I thought they were only like a million dollars under, and yet, they're signing everyone.

My only guess is super backloading contracts.
    sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Signing bonus, there are ways around the cap if you are willing to spend the cash, I wish Bowlen would take notes from Snyder on how to spend and still get under the cap.

Comment

The Redskins are wasting $$ in my opinion.
        Whats the point in spending $$ on 3 receivers if you don't have a QB to throw them the ball.
        Brunell is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by **OrangeTerp**
          The Redskins are wasting $$ in my opinion.
          Whats the point in spending $$ on 3 receivers if you don't have a QB to throw them the ball.
          Brunell is terrible.
          They ALMOST beat us when we played them.
          sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
            They ALMOST beat us when we played them.

but

we didnt have the Champ

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
              but

we didnt have the Champ
              Still I wouldn't underestimate them, they made it into the 2nd round of the playoffs, and Brunell has a lot of weapons to throw to and hand off too.
              sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Cap deadline

Originally posted by Tatum26Bell

In their infinite wisdom...the CBA mandates that teams must be under the salary cap # by the start of FA. As long as you meet that requirement you can load up on personnel and make crazy incentive laden contracts for backend money. They must be back under the set cap # by June 1st so that gives the team time to re-adjust their roster's by releasing players that they no longer need due to new aquisitions, by paying a buyout fee that doesn't count against the cap # since the player was not officially on the team after June 1st. Hence, Snyder's throwing money around to bolster the pool he has exclusive rights too and will unload higher salaried players later to make up the difference. I swear the Skin's are the NFL version of the Yankee's.....they just suck a whole bunch more.
                MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

Comment

You know who would be a good draft pick is Micheal Huff, we have 2 first round picks and this guy is a playmaker in the mold of Reed and Polumalu, I wouldn't mind seeing them trade up to draft him, just a thought , honestly I just want to see them do something other than play it safe, sometimes ya have to gamble to get a playmaker. This draft class is weak and we aren't goign to get anyone that's going to help us win now if we don't move up or pick up someone.

Comment

This Draft Class has great talent at VALUE!!!!!

Originally posted by Gobroncosgo30
                    You know who would be a good draft pick is Micheal Huff, we have 2 first round picks and this guy is a playmaker in the mold of Reed and Polumalu, I wouldn't mind seeing them trade up to draft him, just a thought , honestly I just want to see them do something other than play it safe, sometimes ya have to gamble to get a playmaker. This draft class is weak and we aren't goign to get anyone that's going to help us win now if we don't move up or pick up someone.
                    I hate to disagree but this draft class is not altogether weak. There are some week positions but there is really great value if the need is there. There are some great picks at DE and TE, both positions the bronco's need to fill. These first days of FA have completely altered the way the 1st and 2nd rounds will go in April. Expect to see Denver make a heavy offer for TO and pickup a next generation TE and young high-motor DE in the 1st round...remember we get 2 first rounders this year...thanks to the pay-happy redskins.... So the Bronco's sitting at #22 and #29...there are numerous options and scenario's that could play out for Denver in April.
                    MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

Comment

The Redskins are making me sick. They are the Yankees of the NFL, and I hope they never win a championship. What next they trade for John Abraham?
                      Broncos fans since age 6.
                      Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
                      Favorite Player: John Elway
                      Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

Comment

I agree Irish there is great value but great value is not going to get us a SB win this year, What I am making a case for is immidiate improvement, Jake aint getting younger and if any year has promise it is this year as Indi and Pit have gotten weaker, we need to make a move for this year!

Comment

All they did is re-strutcure contracts like you all, alot of contracts....

and Lavar Arringtons got his contract terminates (saving them money) and paid them 8 million dollars to be let go.....

alot of money.....
                          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp
                            All they did is re-strutcure contracts like you all, alot of contracts....

and Lavar Arringtons got his contract terminates (saving them money) and paid them 8 million dollars to be let go.....

alot of money.....
                            Link..
                            sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

I think it was 4 million you paid to buyout his contract.
                              Broncos fans since age 6.
                              Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
                              Favorite Player: John Elway
                              Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

Comment

Working...
                              X