Ricky Williams News?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Williams News?

Have any of you heard anything about Ricky lately? I think he'd make a really good back for us for a few years. I was really looking forward to possibly signing him since he would probably be so cheap, but since that reported failed drug test, I haven't heard any news about him. Anybody know what's going on?

I'm not intending to make this another one of those "We should be like Washington and buy the whole NFL, then bribe them to let us have all 470 players in free agency and an unlimited cap" threads, just wondering if there's still any possibility of him
    I'm officially eating crow. I support McDaniels.

Wishing for Jared Odrick in 2009.

sigpic

Originally posted by Ncfootball
    Have any of you heard anything about Ricky lately? I think he'd make a really good back for us for a few years. I was really looking forward to possibly signing him since he would probably be so cheap, but since that reported failed drug test, I haven't heard any news about him. Anybody know what's going on?

I'm not intending to make this another one of those "We should be like Washington and buy the whole NFL, then bribe them to let us have all 470 players in free agency and an unlimited cap" threads, just wondering if there's still any possibility of him
    Here we go again!

Comment

Sorry! I haven't seen anything on him lately, so I'm just curious as to what his current situation is. I personally have not heard any new news, but perhaps another fan on the boards has. You never know.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoBrOnCoS16
        Here we go again!
        WTF is it with all of you guys who think you are experts calling everyone else stupid whenever something that you might not think is a good idea. I mean, you guys are obviously so freakin smart that you have coaches lining up to tap your football expertise and yet you simply choose to post on a Broncos thread instead of putting all of that talent for football to use.
        "Remember, dishonesty is the 2nd best policy."

Comment

Originally posted by colosilverado
          WTF is it with all of you guys who think you are experts calling everyone else stupid whenever something that you might not think is a good idea. I mean, you guys are obviously so freakin smart that you have coaches lining up to tap your football expertise and yet you simply choose to post on a Broncos thread instead of putting all of that talent for football to use.
          You tell him newb

Comment

Originally posted by colosilverado
            Hmm. I never called him stupid. Nor did I say I was an expert in football

Comment

Williams' appeal will be heard and decided sometime in April. Hopefully before the draft.

Comment

Oh, thank you! I just searched for articles relating to Ricky Williams on Alta Vista and came up with the following link:

For those who don't wanna read it, all it said is basically that a lot of players fail tests, but then appeal the results and get their fines and/or suspensions rescinded. However, given Ricky's public image, it may be tougher for the NFL not to expunge his punishment.

It also says that many herbs that he could be taking as part of his holistic medicine practices could have triggered the positive result of this drug test. If that would be the case, wouldn't it be hard to prove that he was not on some kind of banned substance at the time? I just don't know how they could prove that it was herbal medicines instead of drugs. Do you guys think that benefit of the doubt would be relevant in this case knowing Williams' past?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X