Post Combine/Phase One Free Agency Mock Draft Part One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
    My initial reaction is that this move targets the top wide receiver available, and should both be available, I think Jackson may be more enticing to the team because he demonstrated ability as both an underneath receiver and an over the top threat. I know scouts harp on him for inconsistency, but I wouldn't put all the blame on him. Last season, the entire offense was learning a new system, and Leak's struggles in the middle of the season didn't do him any favors. With his size, speed, and hands, he reminds me of Chris Chambers, because the both of them look like running backs at first impression. He hasn't been asked to block much, but his size lends to plus ability in that area down the road. I would imagine that Jackson is our guy at pick 15.

At this point, I'm not going to change the selection I made at pick 22. My prefrence would be to grab the best situational rusher available, but enough talk has come out of people close to the situation stating the team would like a big time back. I just haven't heard enough otherwise to change that at this time.
    Oh man, a first round of Jackson and DeAngelo would have me droolin'...

Comment

My initial reaction is that this move targets the top wide receiver available, and should both be available, I think Jackson may be more enticing to the team because he demonstrated ability as both an underneath receiver and an over the top threat. I know scouts harp on him for inconsistency, but I wouldn't put all the blame on him. Last season, the entire offense was learning a new system, and Leak's struggles in the middle of the season didn't do him any favors. With his size, speed, and hands, he reminds me of Chris Chambers, because the both of them look like running backs at first impression. He hasn't been asked to block much, but his size lends to plus ability in that area down the road. I would imagine that Jackson is our guy at pick 15.

At this point, I'm not going to change the selection I made at pick 22. My prefrence would be to grab the best situational rusher available, but enough talk has come out of people close to the situation stating the team would like a big time back. I just haven't heard enough otherwise to change that at this time.

Yeah, the WR theory seems to make the most sense. Denver was unable to land one in free agency, and there isn't a clear cut favorite on the DL that would warrant a move up to the 15 spot. You're scouting of Jackson is intriguing, I guess this is the first time I ever really thought about the possibillity of Denver getting to pick between Holmes and Jackson. I have tended to say Holmes because of his hands and college resume, but I would be equally happy with Jackson given all this info.

As much as I've said Denver shouldn't take a back in the 1st round, I wouldn't mind a pick like Williams because of the versatility he would provide. He is more of a Bryant Westbrook back with everydown potential, and would provide a game previous RB's in Denver could not... With CP being the closest thing to it.

Say hypothetically Denver doesn't go the RB route with #22... What would your pick be?Would you stick to your Wimbley over Hali projection and go that route or would you take a different position and get the best available?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
        Say hypothetically Denver doesn't go the RB route with #22... What would your pick be?Would you stick to your Wimbley over Hali projection and go that route or would you take a different position and get the best available?
        That's what I'd want. Hali no longer looks like a viable option to me, as it's become clear to many here that he doesn't bring the pass rush threat that we need. I'd be cool with Wimbley, Lawson, Kiwi...

Furthermore, I think Chad Jackson at 15 is somewhat of a no-brainer. I know LenDale is the homer pick 'round here, but taking Jackson would be a gangbusters pick going into Rod's last year (possibly) and Ash's FA year...

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
          Yeah, the WR theory seems to make the most sense. Denver was unable to land one in free agency, and there isn't a clear cut favorite on the DL that would warrant a move up to the 15 spot. You're scouting of Jackson is intriguing, I guess this is the first time I ever really thought about the possibillity of Denver getting to pick between Holmes and Jackson. I have tended to say Holmes because of his hands and college resume, but I would be equally happy with Jackson given all this info.

As much as I've said Denver shouldn't take a back in the 1st round, I wouldn't mind a pick like Williams because of the versatility he would provide. He is more of a Bryant Westbrook back with everydown potential, and would provide a game previous RB's in Denver could not... With CP being the closest thing to it.

If it was my choice, I would take the top player left between Kiwi, Wimbley, and Lawson. I know the draft has Lawson going at pick 21, but with Kiwi dropping because of the removal of Atlanta, New England would get their pick of this group first. That is what I would do.

If running back is not Shany's route, I think HIS next option would be tight end, and I believe Pope would rank the highest after Davis, and he would most likely still be available. I don't think this team has much interest in taking a safety early, especially after re-upping with Brandon and extending Lynch's deal. Denver's MO hasn't been to target safeties high, so i would expect a developmental type in the middle rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
            Oh man, a first round of Jackson and DeAngelo would have me droolin'...
            I think I would wet myself man.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
              I think I would wet myself man.
              Just to be safe, you may want to watch the draft in a sports bar with monitors in the rest room, so you can prepare yourself when Denver makes its selection at pick 22...

Comment

Just to be safe, you may want to watch the draft in a sports bar with monitors in the rest room, so you can prepare yourself when Denver makes its selection at pick 22...
                I'll position myself allright......right over WABronco.

Comment

Working...
                X