Unknown factors will effect 06 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown factors will effect 06 season

We all have been watching Free Agency with great interest. Each year we hope that we can find another Champ through FA. At this point with our salary cap situation I feel that we likely add one name player probably Moulds or Walker assuming they get their wishes and get released. We lost Pryce, Anderson and Putzier through FA, and we are all wondering how we will replace them. I think we will get help in the draft at DE, DT, RB to solidify what we have. My questions revolve around the following unknown factors that will make a big difference this season:

1. Will Wesley Duke or Nate Jackson fill the shoes of Putzier? Will they be upgrades?

2. If we don't land a FA WR, will David Terrell be the answer?

3. Will Corey Jackson become a contributor in our DE rotation?

David Terrell

This is exactly what I've been thinking. Maybe, Denver thinks they have something in Terrell. The guy obviously has talent, which is why he was drafted so high. We brought him along very slowly last year to allow him to get acclimated with the system. I watched him in Chicago, and he has tremendous talent. He just had bad quarterbacks, and a bad offensive scheme. I originally wanted Abraham in the worst way, but looking back, rookie DE's make impacts in their first year. Everybody seems so upset that we haven't brought in any big names, but we've kept the core intact, and will return the same offensive line. I think that continuity alone will make us better.
    Lway

Comment

I think Wesley duke could bring back memories of Shannon Sharpe if he can stay away from injuries like he had in college.

David Terrell could very well move into the #3 receiver spot and become dependable if he puts his mind to it and he's given the opportunity.

Not sure if Corey Jackson will step up or not, but I think we'll be fine at DE this year w/ what we have.

In my opinion, Denver's real Q's remain at DT (backup for Warren and Myers), WR (serious need for talented youth), and QB.

This will be one of the deepest drafts Denver has had for a while. I predict there will be a few surprises, but I doubt there will be more than one position we take 2 players at.

I predict (RB, DT, WR, TE, FB, QB, DE, ILB, S, OT) in that order.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong. (Smile)
      GunTrain

Comment

If David Terrell was going to be the answer why didn't he get into any games this year?

Why couldn't he get past Todd Devoe into the #3 WR position?

When he was acquired Shanahan said that it would take a few weeks for Terrell to learn the system and that he'd be appearing in games later in the season. It didn't happen.

And there's no reason to think he won't be training camp casualty.

This is a guy who was given every chance in the world after being a high #1 draft pick and was a BUST.

He's apparently been a BUST here too or you'd have seen more of him in games by now.
        sigpic

Comment

Seeing on how we dident spend big money bringing in stars, we better hope some emerge from the roster we have.

my predictions
          1) I think Lelie will step up with a new coach calling the plays.
          2) Someone will emerge out of the backfield and we will have a primary ballcarrier this year
          3) We'll be fine with Alexander and Duke this year at TE
          4) Im not predicting anything about our D-Line untill I see what we do this offseason

These are just my opinions...
          You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
            If David Terrell was going to be the answer why didn't he get into any games this year?

When he was acquired Shanahan said that it would take a few weeks for Terrell to learn the system and that he'd be appearing in games later in the season. It didn't happen.

This is a guy who was given every chance in the world after being a high #1 draft pick and was a BUST.

He's apparently been a BUST here too or you'd have seen more of him in games by now.
            Well, Adams and Devoe were both very active on special teams. The team may have opted to activate them instead of Terrell or Watts because of what they could do for special teams.
            My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
            . Post Your Artwork .
            . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

no

hes was hurt like the whole season except for the very end
              "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
                We all have been watching Free Agency with great interest. Each year we hope that we can find another Champ through FA. At this point with our salary cap situation I feel that we likely add one name player probably Moulds or Walker assuming they get their wishes and get released. We lost Pryce, Anderson and Putzier through FA, and we are all wondering how we will replace them. I think we will get help in the draft at DE, DT, RB to solidify what we have. My questions revolve around the following unknown factors that will make a big difference this season:

1. Will Wesley Duke or Nate Jackson fill the shoes of Putzier? Will they be upgrades?
                Excellent Questions...

1. Shanahan showed confidence in Duke towards the end of the season, which speaks volumes, plus he adds a level of athleticism that we have not had for some time.
                2. Many question marks surround Terrell. We brought him here to give him an opportunity. Outlook is good that we will bring in more WR's, most likely with the draft.
                3. Corey Jackson's spotlight featured on this website is certainly encouraging. The rotation proved effective last year and we have created the opportunity for a repeat next year.

Most of the discussions around Denver's offseason have focused on DE and WR. How do we fill the void left by Burns and Chukwurah on special teams and back-up linebacker?

Comment

Terrell was really no bust, he was placed on the inactive list because I think Shanahan really wanted him to sit down and learn the system, like Mike does to alot of guys when we absolutely don't need them. Plus I think he might have came onto the team not at 100% (but could be mistaken there). Honestly I see him climing the depth chart fast and really wouldn't be suprised seeing him at our #3 spot at some time this season.

Comment

Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO

1. I'm not sold on Duke. And from what I've heard in NFL Europe, he's fallen down to #2 on the depth chart. Not encouraging news.

2. No, Terrell isn't the answer. The missing link isn't a #3 WR. The Broncos need a playmaking, deep threat. Currently, Lelie is the man & will need to have a big year for this team to rise to the next level. If not him, check back after FA moves have been made & after the draft.

3. That would be nice, wouldn't it?
                    sigpic

Comment

Given every chance?

First, I would think that if Denver didn't think they had something in Terrell, he would have already been cut. We were right up against the salary cap before the new CBA, and we could have cut him for more room, but we didn't.

Second, the guy hasn't been given every chance in the world. I don't know how much you know about Terrell's career, but I live about an hour north of Chicago in Milwaukee, and we get bombarded with Chicago Bears news. Terrell's problem was he was drafted into a terrible offense. **** Jauron and John Shoop (horrible) were his coaches, and they were playing quarterbacks like Craig Krenzel and Kordell Stewart. Terrell clashed with coaches because he felt his draft status should have guaranteed him more playing time. Also, that year, the Bears kept running screen passes to their wide receivers instead of letting them go deep (which is his strength) so he was vocal against the coaches. He wasn't afraid to voice his displeasure. Finally, the Bears wanted him to take a huge pay cut before his rookie contract was even up, and he refused. Thus they cut him.

Then he went to New England, and was hurt in training camp. I remember reading in the New England newspapers that the Patriots didn't want to cut him, but because he was hurt they never had a chance to evaluate him, so they couldn't justify keeping him on the roster ahead of the other receivers. Then he ended up in Denver.

I'm not saying Terrell will be a world beater, but it's not correct to say he's been given every chance in the world. I just don't think its fair to say he's been a bust here when he hasn't played yet. If the Broncos thought he was a bust, I don't think he'd still be on the roster. I watched a lot of his games in Chicago, and when he played it was clear how much talent he had. The Bears just didn't have the offense or quarterbacks to get him the ball. The guy obviously has talent, so I'm just trying to be optimistic that Denver thinks they may have something in him.
                      Lway

Comment

I think that with his off the field issues (even though some of them we somewhat justified/ like his bad team, bad coaches, and bad system) shanny wanted to make him forget he was the 8th overall pick in his draft, ya know take some of the air out of his tires and make him realize just because he was drafted so high does not automatically give him a spot on our depth chart. And by doing that making Terrell actually really WANT it and make him realize what he was missing! I think that had something to do with it as well and i think it will pay off in the end!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

TODD DEVOE TODD DEVOE TODD DEVOE, put him in the slot, the guy has moves. I'd like to see him get a chance in the starting rotation I think he could be solid.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                            TODD DEVOE TODD DEVOE TODD DEVOE, put him in the slot, the guy has moves. I'd like to see him get a chance in the starting rotation I think he could be solid.
                            Mike Shanahan doesn't seem to have agreed with you this last season.

Comment

Working...
                            X